What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attention Dragons Fans

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So you only want Bulldogs fans to post in Bulldogs forum, Dragons fans in Dragons forums, eels fans in eels forums etc? Great, I'm all for it but the fact is Dogs fans come here and post, souths fans go to non souths forums and post, etc etc. A bit of banter before a game or when something newsworthy happens is part of the atmosphere here. Sure there are those who take it too far or the joke gets tired. We have them here, you have them too and you know who they are. Man the f**k up or get off LU.
There's a difference between "a bit of pre-match banter" and the rubbish and flooding of our forums that has occured in the past month. We want a place where we can discuss our club without having sh*t stirred in what appears to be MOST threads lately. As moderators, BF and I will be monitoring the activity of some Dragons fans who are known troublemakers and taking appropriate action. It's coming to the point where some 'Dogs fans aren't willing to post because it will be met with either a rude, racist or unnecessary response from a Dragons fan.

Granted it's a minority, but it's become a problem. I don't mind a bit of rivalry but some have gone overboard in recent weeks. Simple as that.

Doug2234

First Grade
Timmah your kidding yourself arent u. Everything before our game a few weeks back from some Dogs fans was utter rubbish!!!

Timmah conveniently forgets all the dog trolls in here before the game we won against them. I believe at one point Dragons fans were accused of trying to eradicate the jews. I said it before, i repeat it now. Harden the f**k up or get off LU

boxa777

Coach
Timmah conveniently forgets all the dog trolls in here before the game we won against them. I believe at one point Dragons fans were accused of trying to eradicate the jews. I said it before, i repeat it now. Harden the f**k up or get off LU

I agree with you mate.. Total non issue.

If you f**kin cannot handle mere words on a forum, perhaps the internet is not for you.

Jasdragon

Juniors
G'day boys,
Just hiking here from the doggies forum. Most of you blokes are awesome fans and good for the game. Just a small few who like to stir a bit of banter in the Bulldogs forum. This message is for all you Dragons fans here, while it may be disappointing for us doggies fans to miss out on signing a quality back like Brett Morris, I personally am happy that there is still loyalty in our game. Sure, a lot of Bulldogs fans might be sour about this, but I try to look at the glass as half full.

From my point of view, when the Bulldogs signed Josh last year, we didn't come in here and stir you guys (at least I didn't) so we'd appreciated if the guys who troll our forum showed us a similar sign of respect :cool:

Cheers!

:cry: :lol: Soft!

jpaciocco91

Juniors
thats a bit harsh to call Bulldog Force's comment "pussy", but it is kind of soft considering its from a Bulldogs fan, usually a comment from one of them would be full of profanities and threats and would be difficult to read unless the reader has an IQ of less than 75. Its good to see they are not all like that.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
There's a difference between "a bit of pre-match banter" and the rubbish and flooding of our forums that has occured in the past month. We want a place where we can discuss our club without having sh*t stirred in what appears to be MOST threads lately. As moderators, BF and I will be monitoring the activity of some Dragons fans who are known troublemakers and taking appropriate action. It's coming to the point where some 'Dogs fans aren't willing to post because it will be met with either a rude, racist or unnecessary response from a Dragons fan.

Granted it's a minority, but it's become a problem. I don't mind a bit of rivalry but some have gone overboard in recent weeks. Simple as that.
I think you're overreacting.

You're moving threads that get outside of your comfort zone into an entirely different forum, and trying to get the Dragons Mods to do your moderating.

But as I said in the other thread, by all means feel free to send all the threads and associated Bulldogs trolls over to the Dragons forum.

You'll find the Dragons Mods here have no problems dealing with it, and are happy to encourage discussion and if neccessary, use the Mod tools at their disposal.

But keep in mind that by doing so, you are pretty much destroying any potential the Bulldogs forum had to grow, which is unfortunate.

Timmah

Staff member
I think you're overreacting.

You're moving threads that get outside of your comfort zone into an entirely different forum, and trying to get the Dragons Mods to do your moderating.

But as I said in the other thread, by all means feel free to send all the threads and associated Bulldogs trolls over to the Dragons forum.

You'll find the Dragons Mods here have no problems dealing with it, and are happy to encourage discussion and if neccessary, use the Mod tools at their disposal.

But keep in mind that by doing so, you are pretty much destroying any potential the Bulldogs forum had to grow, which is unfortunate.

Look, first - I don't have a problem with the Dragons or their fans, let's get that cleared up. Most of the people on here have never given us trouble over there and I don't see an issue there. It's just the select few who spend more disparaging our club in our forum than even discussing their own club (Gaba, ll3, LOYAL DRAGON, Jasdragon come to mind).

I see the claim you make in your last paragraph as the complete opposite. The continued bagging from people such as the ones listed above I actually think is discouraging the potential for discussion in the 'Dogs section. The presence of the troublemakers is seen by me and I think Bulldog Force as well, as a negative that is stopping more 'Dogs fans coming over and joining in.

In saying all of that there are plenty of Saints fans who venture in and add value to the discussion and I don't want to to discourage that for a second but at the same time what I was seeing was getting too much. Tell me to HTFU if you like, doesn't change my opinion :p

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Look, first - I don't have a problem with the Dragons or their fans, let's get that cleared up. Most of the people on here have never given us trouble over there and I don't see an issue there. It's just the select few who spend more disparaging our club in our forum than even discussing their own club (Gaba, ll3, LOYAL DRAGON, Jasdragon come to mind).
So you move a whole thread, sorry two threads (or was it three?), including posts made by the 'majority'.

Doesn't make sense Tim. You had other options.

You have a troll thread, use it. You can merge and move posts to keep discussions together, use that Mod tool as well. You can even go with the flow and see the funny side... imagine that.
Timmah said:
I see the claim you make in your last paragraph as the complete opposite. The continued bagging from people such as the ones listed above I actually think is discouraging the potential for discussion in the 'Dogs section. The presence of the troublemakers is seen by me and I think Bulldog Force as well, as a negative that is stopping more 'Dogs fans coming over and joining in.
lol. With respect, that's utter rubbish and precious to boot.

A well moderated forum can draw from that and turn it into a positive.

I can but imagine how many good members we would have lost if we chased them away for making other members feel a tad uncomfortable.

I don't buy into the 'they are scaring our mates away' excuse. It shows no ticker. I've had this argument so many times with forum members who are afraid of taking on opposition supporters. I know there's a limit to it but surely it is primarily about discussion.

FFS, we're not talking about wholesale forum invasion which the Dragons forum has had sometimes (if you had that, I'd be impressed). You're only taking about a few trolls that simply need to be put in their place.

Believe it or not, they are the beginnings of 'traffic' in a Bulldogs forum that is crying out for some action.

Timmah said:
In saying all of that there are plenty of Saints fans who venture in and add value to the discussion and I don't want to to discourage that for a second but at the same time what I was seeing was getting too much. Tell me to HTFU if you like, doesn't change my opinion :p
I know your opinion. For the sake of the Bulldogs forum, I hope you understand mine.

Last edited:

Gaba

First Grade

I havent even posted in the threads you talk of , and not my fault the truth hurts the bulldogs supporters

Timmah

Staff member
So you move a whole thread, sorry two threads (or was it three?), including posts made by the 'majority'.

Doesn't make sense Tim. You had other options.

You have a troll thread, use it. You can merge and move posts to keep discussions together, use that Mod tool as well. You can even go with the flow and see the funny side... imagine that.
lol. With respect, that's utter rubbish and precious to boot.

A well moderated forum can draw from that and turn it into a positive.

I can but imagine how many good members we would have lost if we chased them away for making other members feel a tad uncomfortable.

I don't buy into the 'they are scaring our mates away' excuse. It shows no ticker. I've had this argument so many times with forum members who are afraid of taking on opposition supporters. I know there's a limit to it but surely it is primarily about discussion.

FFS, we're not talking about wholesale forum invasion which the Dragons forum has had sometimes (if you had that, I'd be impressed). You're only taking about a few trolls that simply need to be put in their place.

Believe it or not, they are the beginnings of 'traffic' in a Bulldogs forum that is crying out for some action.

I know your opinion. For the sake of the Bulldogs forum, I hope you understand mine.
Point taken.
I havent even posted in the threads you talk of , and not my fault the truth hurts the bulldogs supporters
:lol: You're incessant and often you'll visit our place before your own, sad-case.

Gaba

First Grade
When i need a laugh yes i go to the bulldogs forum

and what are you doing in this forum anyway, who is looking for trouble

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
Well actually, Bulldog Force is responsible for this thread and he's on much the same wavelength as me and as I understand actually instigated a few deletions and thread moves himself before I started doing anything.

Latest posts