What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attn: Lampard Haters

Bumble

First Grade
http://football.guardian.co.uk/theknowledge/story/0,,1924393,00.html

For those of you too lazy to read the article, I'll post the key quotes.

just how many of Frank Lampard's goals are deflected?" asks Adam Walkden.

We have done the necessary on Lampard's five-and-a-bit years at Stamford Bridge, and are surprised - and disappointed - to report that only six of his 73 goals for Chelsea have been deflected: a miserable 8%. If you take away penalties, that rises to just under 10% (six out of 62). Either way, it would seem that Lampard's deflected glory is not as great as the nation's many Frankophobes would have you believe.

:lol::lol:

Losers. Respect the legend that is Frank Lampard.

Eddie.

Bench
I Wouldn't stop there. I would like to know how many of these goals have been termed UNSTOPPABLE STRIKES. Dead seat the amount of awesome goals Frank has scored for us over the year in all competition is mind blowing.

Frank has been out leading scorer the last two premiership seasons. This season he is up near the top of the leading scorers in the premiership and is the leading scorer from midfield in the Premiership. over the past 4 seasons in all competitons Lamps has scored 15,19 and 20 goals. These would be very solid stats for a striker but for a midfielder it is phenomenal strikerate. This season he has already scored 16 in all competions and we have just hit Feburary.

Whilst he might of scored over 70 goals for Chelsea i can gurantee you his goal assists would be near on double. The amount of corners, free kicks and defence splitting passes over the years could certainly not be counted using your fingers.

Put together with his amazing fitness record over the past 5 seasons and he is the best and most consistent midfielder in the Premiership. To play 60 odd games a year as a box to box midfielder should take its toll you would think?!

Don't ever leave Super Frank, along with JT the heart and soul of the Blues!

Phillips

Referee
Eddie. said:
I Wouldn't stop there. I would like to know how many of these goals have been termed UNSTOPPABLE STRIKES. Dead seat the amount of awesome goals Frank has scored for us over the year in all competition is mind blowing.

Frank has been out leading scorer the last two premiership seasons. This season he is up near the top of the leading scorers in the premiership and is the leading scorer from midfield in the Premiership. over the past 4 seasons in all competitons Lamps has scored 15,19 and 20 goals. These would be very solid stats for a striker but for a midfielder it is phenomenal strikerate. This season he has already scored 16 in all competions and we have just hit Feburary.

Whilst he might of scored over 70 goals for Chelsea i can gurantee you his goal assists would be near on double. The amount of corners, free kicks and defence splitting passes over the years could certainly not be counted using your fingers.

Put together with his amazing fitness record over the past 5 seasons and he is the best and most consistent midfielder in the Premiership. To play 60 odd games a year as a box to box midfielder should take its toll you would think?!

Don't ever leave Super Frank, along with JT the heart and soul of the Blues!

fair dinkum, give the guy a bj already :sarcasm:

skeepe

Immortal
The amount of shots Fat Frank gets woefully, horribly off target would be at least triple those he manages to get lucky with.

Dragooner

Bench
skeepe said:
The amount of shots Fat Frank gets woefully, horribly off target would be at least triple those he manages to get lucky with.

Yes he does hit many wide of the mark but some of the goals he has scored have been superb.

And by the way, Is anyone here a Chelsea supporter besides Eddie?

Rosicky would be better than Lampard anyday!

Bumble

First Grade
perth sharkie said:
Over-rated. Can't hack it at international level for England.

Lol...had one bad tournament.

Check out his Euro 2004 and WC06 qualifying form.

Bumble

First Grade
Macca_ said:
Lampard just knocked in a handy one.

What was Andy Faye doing? :lol:

Was it a lucky deflection?

And I'm sure he missed 3 times tonight already...

:oops::oops:

Eddie.

Bench
Lamps strike from outside the box wins it for the mighty Blues!

Just another day at the office for Super Frank.

nibbs

Bench
His goal this morning... stunning. How many midfielders are able to constantly score goals of the quality he produces? Maybe 1 or 2 at best. Frank is an absolute champion.

I think that the next best part about our Frank is that his wife is a Catalan. I'll bet that infuriates our biggest rivals, Barcelona. I hear that he is also a really good guy. Go Frank.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Gerrard and Lampard are very similar.

Excellent club players, but overrated by their fans. And can't play together for England, either.

Dragooner

Bench
Steven Gerrard said:
Gerrard is still the best midfielder in the world.

He is ONE of the best. Not the best. Take the following for example,

Ronaldinho,
Kaka,
Cristiano Ronaldo,
Francesc Fabregas,
Tomas Rosicky,
etc.

They are all better than Gerrard in my opinion but Gerrard is definetly one of the best! Nearly as good as the rest of them.

Bumble

First Grade
hybrid_tiger said:

True, both are fantastic.

hybrid_tiger said:
Excellent club players,

True.

hybrid_tiger said:
but overrated by their fans.

I don't go for Chelski or Scouse, but I think both are fantastic.

hybrid_tiger said:
And can't play together for England, either.

Not completely true.

People use WC06 as a basis for this, but in qualifiers and EURO2004 they played together well.

Eddie.

Bench
hybrid_tiger said:

Excellent club players, but overrated by their fans. And can't play together for England, either.

Look at Lampard's record for Chelsea, how on earth can he be over rated by his fans?

His record for England isint shabby either. A bad world Cup yes, but on the flip side their best player at Euro 2004.