What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • Ryles

Votes: 21 25.3%
  • Morris

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Cheika

Votes: 33 39.8%

• Total voters

ALX25

Bench
Hannay - maybe but likely to get the Cowboys job if/when Payten gets sacked. Highly regarded.

But what does the Parra board want in the next coach?

I'd pick Ryles for something fresh.

eels_fan

First Grade
I'm not sure where all this talk of Slater has come from in the media. I know his name gets thrown up all the time when a position becomes available.

Despite my disdain for the bloke as a player, he a damn brilliant tactician, footy mind and would be the absolute best option - but lets be real, he isn't dropped his multi-million dollar media commitments and coaching the best of the best to come to our rabble and swing us back to the good side.

Madge i think is the next best option as he wont take shit from any of the players, or Mark O'Neill. He runs his own ship, his way or the highway, and i think we need that. Any rookie coach is likely going to be pushed into towing the line.

The only except i'd consider in the rookie line is Ryles, only because he has done such a long apprenticeship under both Bellamy and Robbo. Bellamy also said he is now involved in recruitment too at Storm so he's been getting experience as a quasi-head coach, not just being an offsider.

ImTheMan

Juniors
Which Eels head coach since the turn of the new millenium has the highest win percent as an NRL head coach??? I'm wondering if he is still available for the rest of the year. Should he be reinstated as the most winning coach the Eels will see in most of our lifetimes?

I'm glad it has taken another decade to realise the coach is once more the problem so much so that the Eels have decided to actually not have one for half a season. /s

#HaganJohns2025

Latest posts