What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ATTN: Shark Fans r.e Galloway

Inferno

Coach
the best manager in the league is Darren Mapp's manager. 220 000 a year and has played 1 game for us and been involved in an off field incident. He will struggle to get any game time for us this year.

Hopefully the Titans will take him off our hands.

innsaneink

Referee
mr_sharks said:
Galloway is a fuggin pissy. I'd prefer my mum to get out there and have a dip. Obviously he made a big difference to the Tigers last night...NOT

Well mr sharks....Kilo certainly carved your blokes up today eh?

Maybe your ma should have a run, couldnt do worse than what Cronulla showed today.

178 metres. :D

innsaneink

Referee
Old trick catches Galloway
By Ray Chesterton
July 10, 2006

IT'S a sneaky game rugby league. With no advantages too small to be taken any time any where.

Big Wests Tigers prop Keith Galloway, his red hair making him easy to spot, was careering down field yesterday looking sharp against his old club Cronulla.
Even a try looked possible as the opposition fell away in his wake.
Suddenly he turned almost a semi-circle and passed the ball - directly to a Cronulla opponent chasing him.
He'd fallen for one of the oldest of rugby league ploys - responding to a former teammate calling for the ball using his nickname.
Galloway stopped galloping away and stopped, perplexed.
"Yeah, I heard someone call my nickname (Chubs)," he laughed in the dressing room.
"And I passed the ball.

http://mercury.tiser.com.au/ADCLICK...UE.STORY/AAMSZ=300X250/MAAMZ=/pageid=87056752http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/
"It was a good opportunity to score. I might have even got there myself." Galloway, his surname tattooed in a decorative type face across his right breast in what must have been a painful counter to fears of future Alzheimer's, came to the Tigers' pack this year.
He's two metres tall and 110 kilos plus of aggression that is becoming more formidable under coach Tim Sheens each week.
Yesterday, like last week, he was in the starting side as the premiers pummelled a surprised Sharks, four tries to one.
It was as unexpected and comprehensive as the Tigers' 42-16 win when the two teams played in the first round.
It was also not a game of memorable achievement as Sheens confirmed.
But Sheens, like all coaches, takes what he can get.
Pretty or ugly all wins carry the same two points. Rugby league coaches are not art dealers.
"We didn't play well but we won," Sheens said.
"There are times when we played well and lost."
It is still a challenge to see the Tigers in the finals at the end of the season even though they are only one game out of the eight - Cronulla as well placed on yesterday's performance - but at least the Tigers are full of grit and determined to fight all the way.
Fullback Brett Hodgson, hooker Robbie Farah and half Scott Prince are all meshing into an attacking trio capable of making up for the loss of five-eighth Benji Marshall.
The failed experiment with Farah at halfback was quickly consigned to the scrapheap last week with yesterday leaving no doubt his most effective position is in the number nine jersey.
Hodgson's interchange with one of the wingers and shifting to five eighth at times keeps the defence in two or even three minds.
For Cronulla it was a major disappointment.
Like their opposition they were at the mercy of their own mistakes from incredibly poor handling.
Skipper Brett Kimmorley, while admitting that dropping the ball was a major problem, was unable to explain why.
"We got behind and panicked a bit," he said.
"We didn't lift when it got tougher."
While the attack might have suffered the Sharks defended well, particularly in the first half when Wests dominated possession and territory and managed only one try.

The Daily Telegraph

Inferno

Coach
Big Red had a massive game against us. Im starting to think he would have come good under us if we had kept him this year as well. All our forwards have lifted and it was hard last year for any forwards to flourish when faced with that flat ball sh*t Kimmorley dishes up.

Best of luck to him, if he continues to improve the Tigers will definately have gotten their moneys worth.

brook

First Grade
Galloway has been our only forward to regularly average over 10m a hit-up.

A rare good buy for us :)

Balmain_Boy

He's dramatically changed my opinion of him this year. I'd go as far as to say he's a great prospect. Let's face it, he's still only a youngster at 20 years old. A great future.

I can really see the Sharks regretting losing him in 2 years.

Bench
Inferno said:
Big Red had a massive game against us. Im starting to think he would have come good under us if we had kept him this year as well. All our forwards have lifted and it was hard last year for any forwards to flourish when faced with that flat ball sh*t Kimmorley dishes up.

Best of luck to him, if he continues to improve the Tigers will definately have gotten their moneys worth.
I am sure he would of developed at your club too,but I'm glad he is with us now.I stuck up for him when some Sharkies supporters were calling him over rated and soft,maybe a few are rethinking their earlier posts now.

donkeywong

Juniors
hybrid_tiger said:
I thought this guy was meant to be soft? Lacks impact? Not good enough? Will never be anything?

LOL

Thanks, really. I thought he had a very good game in a beaten side and will only get better in a real side, under a real coach...

:D[/he was in the winning side actuallyquote]

Latest posts