What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Au revoir....

Stagger eel

Staff member
You are illustrating your ignorance Les. Cranky Franky was a Manly man until News corrupted him!

Cranky Frank and the Moose hold hands at the local nude beach. It saddens me to say that about a former coach of my club :(

I don't know where you're going with that one but we were talking about Fitzy and not Stanton.

SO Stanton is back in charge temporarily?

yes care-taker CEO...

TheRam

Coach
Noa,

This is the first time I have been on League unlimited since my initial post and I say that truthfully. I have not been in here silently watching and reading what people have to say about me and you know what, people can have whatever view or opinion of me they wish. Having said that I've read the responses from a few Storm fans and fans of other clubs and mostly they've been pretty optimistic. As for the people who have taken a different opinion of me, I cannot change that.

What bought me back here is that since Thursday evening since I made a decision and publically showed my disgust at the club by throwing away my gear (yes, that was me in the Telecrap) is this; save for being at a friend's engagement on Saturday night for a few hours in the last few days I have never felt so empty. I even quit as a referee in the VRL and after a few days I'm starting to think I was too rash in my reaction to this whole thing.

I want to continue to support Storm. The team and the game of rugby league has given me so much joy over many, many years and the realisation that I gave that away with one rash gesture, no matter how public, is something I regret now. I think about the time I spent refereeing last season and how much of a joy it was to run around with thie kids.

I may be many things, but I am big enough to admit when I have made a mistake. And I've made one in this case.

I'm still proud of the players for what they achieved and there is nothing more I have wanted to do more than spit in the faces of Brian Waldron (the real villain in this) and Matt Hanson and anyone else who knowingly carried on with these deceptive practices. The only comfort I can see from this whole thing is that both of them, at very least, are never going to hold a position in sporting administration again or, at worst, they are going to jail for fraud.

Go Storm. See you at the next home game.

Lester I don't remember if we have ever had cause to debate an issue or not, or whether we have ever called each other idiots or not, but I am glad that you have reconsidered your stance on the Storm, they and the game need people like you. Stay strong mate, ultimately League is a community and we should all support one another when sh*t hits the fan.

Oh and StormChaser...Ah foursome? :sarcasm:

Last edited:

LESStar58

Referee
No Ram, we haven't but even if we had it IS the internet and theres that whole comparison of arguing on the internet and competiting in the special Olympics :p

I have been feeling a lot better in the past day or so and I think starting to read the papers and watching the news and coming in here again and reading all about the fall out has helped me cope with what is a very dark time...

Cheers buddy.

Last edited:

Loudstrat

Coach
Lesstar, really sad to see you back actually. I was going to convert you into a supporter of a real club......;-)

Mate, Storm need decent, intelligent fans like you. Now, breed. More decent Storm fans are needed. You will have a long history ahead mate. Stick with it. You don't need an eternal off season. I tried it once - gardening can be very f*cking boring.

I admire your courage and passion. Welcome back mate!

LESStar58

Referee
"Gardening". :lol:

Now, breed.

No thanks. Mind you, I like the practice component but it really should stop there with me!

I had a chuckle Strat, thanks mate.

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee
Les (Luke just does not seem right)

Thanks for the laugh mate, a 4 day hissy fit that's quite an effort even for one of my daughters.

Chin up champ.

Noa

First Grade
Still no sign of Joshie or Kells.

Must be some serious depression going on there.

StormChaser

First Grade
Aint this place as dead as the Storm's season, and as flat as Slater will be after Origin II......

Big Norm

Why would Storm fans come to this forum? it's choc full of self felating twits who do nothing but bay for blood.........shame that doesn't leave them enough for brain cell function.

Yup, Hayne to put him on his ass providing no f**k wits ruin the 1 on 1...

Oh the lulz. Hayne is a bigger cat than the Panther mascot. Who headbutts? Seriously?
Nothing but a meat puppet. The Maroons will win it by 50 :lol: