What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auckland club footy on tele

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
TAT gave us a good go in the grading rounds this year. It was Pakuranga that gave us a real scare.

Would you know who will play TAT in that game Manu?

MKEB...

Staff member
Wasnt Laiseni playing for the Cronulla a year or two ago? He looked to be a decent player than. What happened there/

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
this would be awesome...goodstuff, but agree the standard is average.

was back home afew weeks ago...went and watched a few games at tat.

good to see some of the old boys still running around...georgie, troy brown, tony hutchins, adam burgess and pita is still going around, he played with my brother, must be 34-35 and still going strong.

gess peter brown just keeps getting bigger and bigger...least he bought me a beer, so hes all good

go that tat!!

Skinner

Coach
this would be awesome...goodstuff, but agree the standard is average.

was back home afew weeks ago...went and watched a few games at tat.

good to see some of the old boys still running around...georgie, troy brown, tony hutchins, adam burgess and pita is still going around, he played with my brother, must be 34-35 and still going strong.

gess peter brown just keeps getting bigger and bigger...least he bought me a beer, so hes all good

go that tat!!

Jaysus Keyrist.......Hoe, where the hell have you been ???????

Welcome back man.

top_dog

Juniors
Spoke to Toshio at the start of the season he was contracted to go back to Newton this year but was waiting on a visa to get back into oz, go figure?. Guess he the same as hame?

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Spoke to Toshio at the start of the season he was contracted to go back to Newton this year but was waiting on a visa to get back into oz, go figure?. Guess he the same as hame?

What Tongan? lol

Cant get a visa back into aussie - thats hard to believe even if he travels on a tongan passport.

Toshio was pretty good -

Level of foxx - is not extremely high but for sure there is some talent. And tv games are a great tool in attracting some of the top players who have walked away from the game.

Alot of clubs get no money what so ever - so alot of the ex-top bc players are too busy working etc.

or like some of the island boys going around shopping themselves of to like 3 or 4 clubs to see who will pay them. lol

Bay Vikings

Juniors
What Tongan? lol

Cant get a visa back into aussie - thats hard to believe even if he travels on a tongan passport.

Toshio was pretty good -

Level of foxx - is not extremely high but for sure there is some talent. And tv games are a great tool in attracting some of the top players who have walked away from the game.

Alot of clubs get no money what so ever - so alot of the ex-top bc players are too busy working etc.

or like some of the island boys going around shopping themselves of to like 3 or 4 clubs to see who will pay them. lol

and Japanese?

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
!

Harsh Hoe. Browny is a fine man who has supplied me with many excellent free Lion Red t-shirts and caps over the years, which are a staple of my wardrobe

tezzah1

Juniors
Should be an interesting first up game. Is it just the one game or is there meant to be two per weekend? Saw Tat have a BIG game against Otahuhu screened this Sunday.

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
This is what is in a programme that was handed out to the Otahuhu Fox Memorial side, and id imagine every player in the competition was handed during the week.

Broadcast schedule:

Game 1:
Saturday [Game day] - Te Reo Channel - 8.30pm
Sunday [day after game] - Maori Television - 2.00pm

Game 2:
Thursday [after game] Te Reo Channel - 8.30pm
Saturday [week after game] Maori Television - 2.00pm

Round 4: Saturday 6th June - Jack Colvin Park
Game 1: 12.45pm - Te Atatu v Otahuhu
Game 2: 2.45pm - Northcote v Papakura

Round 5: Saturday 13th June - Mt Smart Stadium #2
Game 1: 12.45pm - Mt Albert v Otahuhu
Game 2: 2.45pm - East Coast Bays v Te Atatu (according to ARL website ECB v Northcote)

All other games will be confirmed at least 2 weeks in advance.

Last edited:

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
The 4 club grounds that have been selected by Maori Television as having the required facilities to televise matches:

Te Atatu - Jack Colvin Park
East Coast Bays - Freyberg Park
Otahuhu - Bert Henham Park
Northcote - Birkenhead Domain

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
It was great television. Rob Denyer (despite being listed as "Deyner" in the pre-match:x) came off the bench and put on a nice try-assist, and Rick Lanigan gave an outstanding pre-match interview.

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
Always a great clash between Te Atatu and Otahuhu, the smallest margin we've won by so far. Zensei Inu looks the goods for you guys Manu, great match up between him and Willy Heta, 2 big strong number 6's.

Rich102

Staff member
Can anyone help me please?
My Sky programme guide is playing up.
Is the any club footy on today? What channel what time?
Thanks!

Latest posts