What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aus 32 NZ 12

carlnz

Bench
Game of two halfs really, Aussie were at their best in the 2nd.....and I dont know what you can call NZ in the second half....How many soft tries did Aussie score?? Keep doing that and we wont win a game!!

Well done Aussie

Anyways great game to watch, pitty about the weather....can wait for next Sat match GB v AUS...should be a cracker!

yakstorm

First Grade
Some brilliant skill showed by the Kiwis, but they really need to step up in their kicking game, and also need to convert their tries. If they went into the half up 18 - 8 I really think Australia may of paniced and throw away their chances.

Australia showed that they are a very professional outfit, and Great Britain will want to ensure they stay composed to counter the Kangaroos.

ozbash

Referee
robbie paul put in the only kiwi kick that didnt go straight down an aussie throat.

the kiwis lacked composure in the 2nd half and started to panic a little.

was a beaut game tho,,

shame about the tv coverage/camera work. 9 leave sky-uk for dead. i lost rooney well before he scored.

AliN

Live Update Team
Yes Thomas shouldn't be our halfback..
Paul/Webb in the halves for me..
Henry at fullback, Lolesi in for Vainikolo.

Well played both sides, but gotta give it to the Aussies. Apart from Gower, the others played dry weather footy in the rain. Great to watch.
I hope Lockyer's right for the rest of the series..

ledzep

Bench
gower had another below-par performance
nz really need a half or 5/8th with a kicking game

Stranger

Coach
Better than a draw.

Buderus starting running in the last 20. The kewis just tried to hard in the first half then run outta gas.

t-ba

Post Whore
Kiwi's are really lacking in the Halves and at the Hook...Hopefully Benji rectifies part of this problem!

Gower played average again although he did set up a try up with a grubber. But on the whole of his performance Id have Kimmorley in quick smart.

Berrigan was found out twice defence and both times it led to kiwi trys. The scoreline is a good one but im still not convinced that we are playing to our full potential. I reckon we can improve by another 40% if the following players are included next week:

Omeley-Civonecieva
Ryan-Carroll
Kimmorley-Gower
Cooper-Berrigan

And if Lockyear is hurt which is disastorous the id have Scotty Hill in.

The Observer

Staff member
roosterbooster1 said:
gower had another below-par performance

Yep, if he makes that many errors next week, then GB make Aus pay for it. With Lockyer's injury, that probably means Gower is guaranteed a run next week.

Who would people go for as Lockyer's replacement - Hill, Kimmorley, Timmins, Wing or even Matt Bowen? Personally I think if Kimmorley came into the team, then our attack would fire. That said, Gower didn't play well at five eighth last year, so Scott Hill may complement him better.

Krison

Juniors
No I would have Hill at 5/8 if Lockyer is injured and Kimmorley at half. They work so well together it would be stupid not to have it that way.

anjado

Juniors
New Zealand just dropped far to much ball
and if Gower should be dropped for dropping the ball 3 times so should Craig Wing and Jason Ryles
i thought Gower apart from those 3 handling errors
was one of australias better players he kicked well
and looked dangerous taking on the line

innsaneink

Referee
The way Sterlo & Johns were talking it seems Lockyer will play next week.

Gotta agree with Ozbash bout the camera work.....I lost Rooney totally as well as the camera man, and if the video ref saw the replays we saw for Berrigans try then they may as well have just tossed a coin.....9 shits all over em.

Why do they have to play on soccer fields over there?

Dont they have league fields with more than a couple of metres between the sideline and the fence?
What with the rain and slippery surface, it seemed only a matter of time before someone hit a fence.

The Aussies class and experience shone thru in the 2nd half, you can see the team starting to gel and combos clicking....NZ just had no answer.
Will be interesting to see how the poms fare.

Australia's problem isnt their halves...its their forwards.

Shane Webcke is the only player getting any go forward. This means that Lockyer and Gower are working with the defensce up in their face.

Gower goes across field looking for runners and his runners are pulling up and hanging him out to dry.

Gowers combination with Lockyer is a VERY good one.

They need to get O'Meley in the lineup for jason Ryles who's been terrible. Start Mason inplace of the injured Fitzgibbon.

We need more size and go forward in our pack...its as simple as that.

We could really use Trent Waterhouse about now. A big player who can play lock, he gets good go forward......he'd be the perfect player to bring into the side.

innsaneink

Referee
Yeah Mason went well when he was on, hes really stepped up a notch this latter part of the year.
For all the crap surrounding him earlier on, and even though I still think hes a jerk, he really has put it all behind him and just let his footy do the talkin.

In-goal

Bench
New Zealand were there own worst enemey in the econd half dropping far to much ball and missing easy tackles, I think the absence of the two panthers was showing as they were unable to continue the forward onslaught of last week.

Some may or may not agree but unless NZ can find a goal kicker they have near to no chance of winning a match as GB and Aus both have exceptional goal shooters, as some one already stated 18-8 at half time as alot different to 12-8.

LESStar58

Referee
Great win but I preferreed last weeks game! I think the Kiwis will wipe the floor with Great Britain.

Krison

Juniors
It begs the question if Lockyer and Fitzgibbon are injured for next week and Bennet for some reason sticks with Gower at halfback instead of Kimmorley, who will be our goal kicker??? Berrigan is not a great goal kicker at all and even he is in danger of being dropped because of being out of place in defence today.

Latest posts