What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aus 32 NZ 12

innsaneink

Referee
Krison said:
It begs the question if Lockyer and Fitzgibbon are injured for next week and Bennet for some reason sticks with Gower at halfback instead of Kimmorley, who will be our goal kicker??? Berrigan is not a great goal kicker at all and even he is in danger of being dropped because of being out of place in defence today.

scott Hill can kick, cant he?

LESStar58

Referee
innsaneink said:
Krison said:
It begs the question if Lockyer and Fitzgibbon are injured for next week and Bennet for some reason sticks with Gower at halfback instead of Kimmorley, who will be our goal kicker??? Berrigan is not a great goal kicker at all and even he is in danger of being dropped because of being out of place in defence today.

scott Hill can kick, cant he?

ummm...no!

joshreading

Staff member
Actually now you mention it, no there are no League grounds (stadiums) atleast in London, the pro RL team(s) play in soccer grounds normally.

In-goal

Bench
Great win but I preferreed last weeks game! I think the Kiwis will wipe the floor with Great Britain.

I think we saw the widest margin in todays game, i can't see another 20point win to anyone.

Fatbob

Juniors
Why do they have to play on soccer fields over there?

Dont they have league fields with more than a couple of metres between the sideline and the fence?
What with the rain and slippery surface, it seemed only a matter of time before someone hit a fence.

The choice of ground had more to do with its actual location annd capacity. There are no League grounds in London. The Broncos play at Brentford FC which isn't as close to the ex pat community and is a pretty dire stadium. At 20 000 the capacity was just right as taking this game to a bigger venue wouldn't have sold out and looked pretty bad on TV. It was pretty tight but the right choice IMO. Hopefully a GB game will be taken to London next year and played in a bigger stadium, Stamford Bridge perhaps. Get the Tri nations built up as a sporting event and not just a RL event and the crowds will come.

Munky

Coach
Gower went well when Lockyer went off. Controlled the playand put in some good kicks.

The backrow still doesn't run off him like Penriths, atleast Hindmarsh went for a hitup this game.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Gower dripped the ball to much for me, but his grubber kicks were priceless.

dimitri

First Grade
game of 2 halves

nz were excellent in the first

poor in the second

5tries to 3 was a good indication of the game

gunnamatta bay

Referee
I watched the fox replay at 10am with the Sky commentry. They showed the players after the game applauding the crowd. Willey and Gower were walking together and Willy could be heard asking Gower why he didnt pass the ball to him when a try was on. Gower looked a bit silly as he tried to explain it.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
There was a huge uproar in the second half. The commentators alluded to it being a streaker. Was it a Kiwi or an Aussie?

Iafeta

Referee
I can't believe how bad the Kiwis were in the second half - first off though, full credit to the Kangaroos, they dominated the match and deserved the victory.

But my goodness, the second half from the Kiwis was diobolical. What'd they complete? 4 sets of 6? I'd be ropable if I was the coach with some of those players, Nathan Cayless just seemed to be MIA for me, Paul Rauhihi was not fit, Robbie Paul looks a sad shadow of his former self, and Francis Meli needs a pair of gloves. I think not having Iafeta Paleaaesina in the tour party is a mistake, Rauhihi wasn't up to it today, neither was Cayless. The three props rotating on form should have been Jason Cayless, Paleaaesina and Roy Asotasi. Even Ruben Wiki looks short of a gallop - I hope he does not turn out to be a dud buy at the Warriors.

I don't think hooker is a problem, Louis Anderson is doing well for mine. I think they definitely need a new halfback, Leuluai as we've all said is not test standard. Pity Benji Marshall or Jerome Ropati aren't available. Its time like this, dare I say it, you even miss a Motu Tony. Don't let Ozbash know I said that.

Finally, Sonny Bill, how good is he? I know there were two errors late in the game from him, but it was pretty much Sonny Bill and friends v the Kangaroos at the start of the match, and Sonny Bill was winning.

PS: Brent Webb badly needs a kicking coach, his technique is AWFUL!

carlnz

Bench
Iafeta said:
I think they definitely need a new halfback, Leuluai as we've all said is not test standard. Pity Benji Marshall or Jerome Ropati aren't available.

I dont think we need a new halfback...he did all right today...the only problem I see is his kicking game...its shocking! But he made the tackles today made a break and had a hand in one of the tries...Everybody knows he is the only ball player in the Kiwis so its easy to target him on the last tackles and set plays...

All he needs is a 5/8 with a kicking game (marshall) and then their would be a load of pressure off......

Too bad if everyone hates him, as long as Anderson is the coach he will be our half back...IMO I think he will be one of the Kiwis next "Stars" If he goes to another NRL Club..

Red Bear

Referee
I thought the Kiwi's played better than the final scoreline but that was probly cos they didnt kick a goal. Brent Webb has been playing well in general play but you need a goal kicker.
Does Henry Paul still play? What is he like?

As for Australia, Carrol shouldnt be there. Webke looks a bit fat n old to be quiet honest. Ryles need to hold on to the ball and he will be good. O'Meley should be there. I thought civoneceva played well and Hindmarsh still needs to pull up his pants.

Latest posts