What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AUS TEST TEAM ANNOUNCED

Macca

Coach
From what I heard this morning out of Lehman, Katich and Symonds only 2 of them will make the side. Lehman and Katich have both hit tons in the warm up match and Symonds on his way to one on 45n.o. Looks like Martyn will be there at the expense of one of these 3. Hope he gets runs. :D

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Katich had good test from but was clearly outplayed by Clarke in the ODI, yet they retain Katich based on his form, back when the test series was played, and ignore Clarke's current form.

You are as good as your last game. When Katich falls over several series in a row then Clarke will get a go.

But don't quote me.

Australia declared on its overnight score of 6-484 (Langer 35, Ponting 116, Katich 116, Lehmann 134, Symonds 45*, Seccombe 0, Warne Eight).

We'll see what the bowlers can do today...

Australia has skittled the Sri Lanka President's XI for 166. Lee took 4 wickets, MacGill 3, Kasper 2 & Warne claimed the final wicket in the innings.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think the presidents 11 is a long way from their first 11.

I saw some highlights on the news.

The bowling was pretty crap.

Macca

Coach
But it is probably going to go along way to seeing who gets picked. Lee will be there now. I think it's time for a pick the Test team thread.

Anonymous

Juniors
IanRitchie said:
Katich had good test from but was clearly outplayed by Clarke in the ODI, yet they retain Katich based on his form, back when the test series was played, and ignore Clarke's current form.

You are as good as your last game. When Katich falls over several series in a row then Clarke will get a go.

But don't quote me.

Simon Katich's last 3 innings;

125, 77, 2 month gap, 119.

;-)