What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aussies And Biff Don't Mix

The Clan

Juniors
Kurt Angle said:
spooky said:
You obviously have never seen Keith in action. He dropped a 6'6" 98kg B-J Mather with a single punch. B-J hit the deck like a sack of spuds.

No, but I've seen Barry-John in action when the ARL expanded to 20 sides :D :D :D

You sure Keith even made contact, he could of swung and missed, and the ensuing turbulence could of knocked Mather out.

Knocking out BJ is no claim to fame.

You can only beat whats put in front of you.

The punch that Senior landed on Mather was an absolute peach.
The West stand of Castlefords Wheldon Rd ground had to be reinforced afterwards due to the impact tremours.

Berrigan wouldn't last fifteen seconds.

O'Mealy is busy reassessing his fortitude after the beating Sculthorpe gave him.

Like I said Australia were lucky it happened when GB could laugh it off. Had it gone down in the first ten minutes the stakes would have been different and the GB pack would smash the Ausie six.

screeny

Bench
Come to think of it this Aussie side is pretty gay all things considered. And that goes for their fans too.

I can't wait to destroy them next week in Leeds. To see the pathetic look on Geoff Carr's face would be priceless.

Senior would annhilate teeny tiny Berrigan and all his mates. Danny McGuire v Webcke is about an even match I reckon, but only if the pitch isn't too narrow or Shane won't fight. And the in-goals have to be 8 metres at least. Oh, and he'll need a ref picked by the ARL. And while we're at it the Brits must acknowledge that Shane's season is really, really long and if he loses to McGuire that's the reason why.

St.John

Juniors
screeny said:
Come to think of it this Aussie side is pretty gay all things considered. And that goes for their fans too.

I can't wait to destroy them next week in Leeds. To see the pathetic look on Geoff Carr's face would be priceless.

Senior would annhilate teeny tiny Berrigan and all his mates. Danny McGuire v Webcke is about an even match I reckon, but only if the pitch isn't too narrow or Shane won't fight. And the in-goals have to be 8 metres at least. Oh, and he'll need a ref picked by the ARL. And while we're at it the Brits must acknowledge that Shane's season is really, really long and if he loses to McGuire that's the reason why.

:lol:

Beautiful screeny.

deluded pom?

Coach
screeny said:
That was a damn good punch, though, I remember it well. Salford v Cas in the CC, no? Live on the Beeb.....

it kind of made Senior's name.
When did Senior play for either Salford or Cas ? :? :? :?

RB30DETT

Juniors
O'Meley was laughing about it after the game, we all know he was held so Scully couldt try to get his claws into him.

Just like the rest of us will be at you poms after the final.

You had your win, but as the saying goes, even the sun shines on a dogs arse.... :mrgreen:

Oh and your hard man Morley, is this the same guy who was almost in tears when Monty Betham had a go at him ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Simo

First Grade
screeny said:
Farrell cacked himself? Right, sure he did.

Faz's club played 36 times this season as opposed to 24 NRL matches. Aussie tits........

right..... You add up ALL of Wigans games and only include the standard round of NRL club games :lol:

Add 3 SOO for most of those players, and the 4 rounds of finals plus throw in a city country game + our trials if you want to count everything. Just do it for both sides.

The only reason Farrell wants to make sure it is played every year right now is because he only has a couple left in him and has never won a thing against us.

Its bad luck for for him he has finally taken his skirt of against the Aussies when he is near retirement age! What hole has he been hiding under for most of his international carrer??

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
Who really gives a toss, if we were talking about a boxing match fair enough but this is international Rugby League ladies and gentleman and history will tell you that no matter how good the poms can throw em they can't consistantly play League at the top level to save their unwashed pommy arses.

For the record the poms would easily win an all in brawl but the Aussie boys will easily take out the final. (if they pick the right team)
Minichello
Sing
Tate
Tonga
Rooney
Lockyer
Kimmorley
Webke
Buderus
OMeally ( if Morley got off then he should)
Ryan
Hindmarsh
Fitzgibbon
Wing
Mason
Ryles
Bowen :clap:

shiznit

Coach
who cares!!
both Aussie and GB will get wasted by the kiwis!!
at least were the best at something :p

Simo

First Grade
:lol: .... after once were warriors I dont think anyone has ever tried to start a fight with the Kiwis!, especially when Jake the Muss is at the games!!!

[furrycat]

Coach
The Clan said:
girvie said:
I thought O'Meley got the better of Sculthorpe.

You're joking right!

Scully landed at will while Shreck had his head down whinging punches into thin air.

Australia where lucky that the GB pack did'nt jump in en masse.

Fielden, Farrell, Newton & Morley are some of the toughest blokes to play the game. The Ausies were lucky that GB did'nt take advantage of the situation.

Especially Farrell who at 15 years old was terrorizing one of the toughest neighbourhoods in Wigan, not a bloke you want to mess with believe me.

OH yeah... great fight... hitting him while he isn't looking... :roll:

screeny

Bench
deluded pom? said:
screeny said:
That was a damn good punch, though, I remember it well. Salford v Cas in the CC, no? Live on the Beeb.....

it kind of made Senior's name.
When did Senior play for either Salford or Cas ? :? :? :?

BJ Mather was playing for Cas when he got twatted by Senior, who was playing for Sheffield, not Salford, my mistake.

screeny

Bench
Simo said:
screeny said:

Faz's club played 36 times this season as opposed to 24 NRL matches. Aussie tits........

right..... You add up ALL of Wigans games and only include the standard round of NRL club games :lol:

Add 3 SOO for most of those players, and the 4 rounds of finals plus throw in a city country game + our trials if you want to count everything. Just do it for both sides.

The only reason Farrell wants to make sure it is played every year right now is because he only has a couple left in him and has never won a thing against us.

Its bad luck for for him he has finally taken his skirt of against the Aussies when he is near retirement age! What hole has he been hiding under for most of his international carrer??

Simo, so you're actually defending the NRL clubs' potential decision to scrap the tri-nations on 'burn-out' grounds?

The point is, yes, both nations' players play too much football but it's no worse for the UK players than the Australian ones and the clubs in Oz are only thinking of themselves.......again.

joondalup_giant

Staff member
haha great thread!!!
but sculthorpe did his shrek while he was being held and he was facing down, sculthorpes a cat, mason would eat him up 4 dinner in a ADHD rage.... if only civoneceva could throw punches, with a head like his hed be unstopable!

Phillips

Referee
joondalup_giant said:
haha great thread!!!
but sculthorpe did his shrek while he was being held and he was facing down, sculthorpes a cat, mason would eat him up 4 dinner in a ADHD rage.... if only civoneceva could throw punches, with a head like his hed be unstopable!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Mason backed down from David Myles a player half his size, Sculthorpe would slaughter the dog

Nookster

Juniors
Simo said:
screeny said:

28 ESL rounds, 5 challenge cup rounds, 3 play offs plus final, 2 origin games plus the current tri series. Possibly 44 matches.

24 NRL rounds (or is it 26? cant remember), city vs country, 3 SOO, 3 play offs plus final plus current tri series. Possibly 37 matches.

This is provided that each payer plays in each round of the league, all cup games, origin games and tests.

The Kiwis think there tough, eh ?

Most of them play in the NRL, and we all know how 'hard' they Aussies are, right. Fight like a bunch of Shielas. :lol: :lol:

Where are all the old Aussie hardheads - Boyd, Dowling, Roach, Reddy, Young, Sirro, Harragon. It's just not the same anymore.

0neye

The Kiwis will fix the Pongoes up :mrgreen:

They will be soften up for Us Ozzies for next weeks game 8)

shiznit

Coach
The Kiwis think there tough, eh ?

Most of them play in the NRL, and we all know how 'hard' they Aussies are, right. Fight like a bunch of Shielas.

Where are all the old Aussie hardheads - Boyd, Dowling, Roach, Reddy, Young, Sirro, Harragon. It's just not the same anymore.

ahhhhh Dowling!! one Aussie name i really respect.
Dowling VS Tamati was one of the great fights in Rugby League.

As for the Poms, if we wanted to fight we would have brought the warriors over. imagine if Scully got into a fight with Monty Betham :lol: .
Scully would be on the floor looking for his teeth.

Simo

First Grade
Screeny wrote:
Simo, so you're actually defending the NRL clubs' potential decision to scrap the tri-nations on 'burn-out' grounds?

The point is, yes, both nations' players play too much football but it's no worse for the UK players than the Australian ones and the clubs in Oz are only thinking of themselves.......again.

To an extent and remember they are not saying SCRAP it (to my knowledge) they are suggesting play it every 2nd year. I had a good think about it and posted something, must have been in a different thread about why not just giving them all of dec and jan off to have a really good break and then sure they will be late in there pre season but players of this class dont become bad players because there pre season is late.

They will regain match fitness and fire probably at the right time of year.

So I can see where the clubs are coming from about maybe having it once every 2 years, but if it comes down to the good of international footy then I guess just give the players a good break over the summer and play it every year. I agree both play to long.

nookster wrote
28 ESL rounds, 5 challenge cup rounds, 3 play offs plus final, 2 origin games plus the current tri series. Possibly 44 matches.

24 NRL rounds (or is it 26? cant remember), city vs country, 3 SOO, 3 play offs plus final plus current tri series. Possibly 37 matches.

This is provided that each payer plays in each round of the league, all cup games, origin games and tests.

Yes I know the amount both play, my response was to the other person who used the 24 rounds of NRL only compared to 36 games for Wigan. With 28 rounds in the ESL he was adding several other games to the SL count and not adding the respective to the NRL games. The point of the matter is though both comps are to long and the best idea for international footy and for the players is to shorten the seasons. Hopefully we are in the financial position to do so shortly.

BTW the English Origin got scrapped didnt it??

Latest posts