What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aussies And Biff Don't Mix

Simo

First Grade
shiznit said:
The Kiwis think there tough, eh ?

Most of them play in the NRL, and we all know how 'hard' they Aussies are, right. Fight like a bunch of Shielas.

Where are all the old Aussie hardheads - Boyd, Dowling, Roach, Reddy, Young, Sirro, Harragon. It's just not the same anymore.

ahhhhh Dowling!! one Aussie name i really respect.
Dowling VS Tamati was one of the great fights in Rugby League.

As for the Poms, if we wanted to fight we would have brought the warriors over. imagine if Scully got into a fight with Monty Betham :lol: .
Scully would be on the floor looking for his teeth.

Yeah I remember that fight! On to the sidelines and Dowling slipped and that cost him a few punches to his melon :lol:

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
Simo said:
shiznit said:
The Kiwis think there tough, eh ?

Most of them play in the NRL, and we all know how 'hard' they Aussies are, right. Fight like a bunch of Shielas.

Where are all the old Aussie hardheads - Boyd, Dowling, Roach, Reddy, Young, Sirro, Harragon. It's just not the same anymore.

ahhhhh Dowling!! one Aussie name i really respect.
Dowling VS Tamati was one of the great fights in Rugby League.

As for the Poms, if we wanted to fight we would have brought the warriors over. imagine if Scully got into a fight with Monty Betham :lol: .
Scully would be on the floor looking for his teeth.

Yeah I remember that fight! On to the sidelines and Dowling slipped and that cost him a few punches to his melon :lol:

Sironen..................yeah right, Les Davidson had him running like a wounded lamb every time he played him. Now Davidson was a tough man-player.

Nookster

Juniors
Simo said:
BTW the English Origin got scrapped didnt it??

Yeah it has now, shame really as it was quite popular. Its a pity as i love watchin the Oz SOO games. Was hopein that they would have kept it goin over here.

Simo

First Grade
Nookster said:
Simo said:
BTW the English Origin got scrapped didnt it??

Yeah it has now, shame really as it was quite popular. Its a pity as i love watchin the Oz SOO games. Was hopein that they would have kept it goin over here.

Didnt it get under 10 thousand to its last efforts?? It was called war of the roses wasnt it, I only got to see it once unfortunately.

deluded pom?

Coach
It got attendances of around ten thousand . The players never seemed to take it seriously enough . Having said that neither did the G.B. coach who picked players for G.B. regardless of IF or HOW they played at origin level . What could and should have been a useful tool for the G.B. coach became simply another burden for the players .

This thread is a cracker...I would have loved to have seen all the unwashed, yellow teethed Poms here who were all "Can't wait till we smash you in Leeds" and "You will all be crying after the final" etc etc at half time when it was 38 - 0 and your pack of cats were falling off tackles and making negative yards, once again proving that unless it is a competition of cheap shots, dental neglect or a whingeathon, Great Britain will always fall at the final hurdle.

simon says

First Grade
CouldaBeenAnything said:
This thread is a cracker...I would have loved to have seen all the unwashed, yellow teethed Poms here who were all "Can't wait till we smash you in Leeds" and "You will all be crying after the final" etc etc at half time when it was 38 - 0 and your pack of cats were falling off tackles and making negative yards, once again proving that unless it is a competition of cheap shots, dental neglect or a whingeathon, Great Britain will always fall at the final hurdle.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ohh thats gold.

Thanks for the laugh,and thenks to the poms here,for being poms.

Cheers.

Latest posts