What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia V. England: First Test at Lords

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
now martyn
terrible decision to bat first

this may sound stupid but australis batting is really suspect. there has been so many times over the last 12 months we have been 4 to 5 down for 70-150ish only for gilchrist to save us.

and we cant always rely on gilkly, hes gotta fail sooner or later

Iafeta

Referee
C'mon Harmy, Flinty and co, keep ripping in.

This will decide how good Clarke is, or isn't for mine. If he's good as they make out, in a crisis he'll stand tall.

Dani

Immortal
we are getting majorly pwned.
and like brooksy19 said, Katich or clarke are gonna need 100+

hotsnow

Juniors
See if you can watch a replay of Langer's wicket from the side-on view and take a look at Flintoff's foot. Is it just me or did he over-step? Not by a small margin either, it looked like his whole foot was past the line.

Red Bear

Referee
Hmmmmmmm, interesting first session.
Pity Langer was given out, looked in fine touch n it was a no ball.
Clarke a 50/50 decision.
Hoggard bowled poorly apart from ball to Hayden.
Australia generally sh*t bar Langer. Hayden has looked poor for about a year now. Ponting was knocked around but he'll get over it next innings. Martyn dissapointing although sh*t happens.
England were all high fives n sh*t at lunch which could be a downfall of sorts. Anyone who plays or has played cricket knows that you can get a team 4/5 down for not too many and feel you are gunna win with ease only to have them stay in for a short while, frustrate the hell out of you and go right off the boil n have them put on runs in no time. I feel this could easily happen to England at the moment and this session will be a big test of them, not just Australia. Plus Giles will probly come on :D

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
meh they bat last.

I have complete faith.

The better team win tests.

The better team is Australia.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
About time the pomms gave us a game

16 years overdue

I was watching the game on the big screen at indoor cricket and seeing the Ausies get hit in the head, get cut in half and Langer get hit second ball. Driving home Gatting was commentatting on the radio saying that the wicket was doing nothing.

Some of these commentators, you wonder what game they are watching.

Good toss for the poms to loose and bowl on this wicket

I see Marto still wont move his feet, he is going to be fodder for the England quicks if he keeps playing like that

Clarkey very unlucky, poor decision by Kertsen

I hope the pomms can keep playing like this for 5 test matches, but they have to bat on this wicket yet, so its a long way to go.

Red Bear

Referee
Nice to see Pieterson drop a catch, hope he fails big time. Thorpe should be out there(got 95 in quick time for Surrey overnight).

pogo

Juniors
mental disentgration always works!!!

especially if you have a clearly better side!!

f**k australia up the arse x10000000000000

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
honestly we need some more stability at the top
langer hayden and ponting go way to hard early
someone like katich or hussey has to be in the top 3 to stabalise it a bit more
let me say this
this is not the FIRST time australia have been in this situation. australias top order has crumbled alot in the last year only for gilly to save us.

swap katich and ponting or somthing i dont no even hayden

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Australia 5/98 (24) Katich 8*, Gilchrist 8*
Australia won toss and elected to bat - Hayden b Hoggard 12 (26), Ponting c Strauss b Harmison 9 (18), Langer c Harmison b Flintoff 40 (44), Martyn c G Jones b S Jones 2 (4), Clarke lbw S Jones 11 (22), Harmison 1/30, Hoggard 1/33, Flintoff 1/16, S Jones 2/16

Latest posts