What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia v NZ

ozbash

Referee
whats the world cup got to do with it ?

kiwi is right, unless there are major changes/improvment to the aussie team next summer, you can kiss the VB goodbye.

if it was played now i reckon aussie would not be up to scratch.

india are notoriously bad away from home yet this summer they gave the world champs a touch up.

in the tests they asked questions that aussie couldnt answer...

Anonymous

Juniors
Well, Australia are the better side.

But I don't necessarily see the obvious "logic" in saying Aussie would dominate, or even necessarily win. Last time we had a series in Australia the tests were 0-0 and we won 3 ODIs to 1.

Macca

Coach
I can't wait to rub this into your faces next season. Keep talking your second rate side up.

weasel

First Grade
Kiwi said:
Funny how after NZ and SA hammered OZ making them miss the finals of their own series, easy beat teams have been invited since.

Actually we outdid South Africa 3-1 in the VB series that year. And two months later we beat them 5-1 in the series in South Africa. One of the things that still gets to me about that VB series is that despite crushing South Africa in both tests and one day series home and away over a four month period we came last in the VB series and the team who came second went 1-5 against the same Proteas that we were clearly so much better than.

Anonymous

Juniors
ozbash said:
who would win what ?

tests - nz 1-0 2 draws
ODI,s nz 3 oz 2

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Macca

Coach
That must have taken you a while to put all those laughers down Earl. I reckon i laughed about that much when I read that garbage too though.

Craig

Juniors
Well NZ are likely to play two Tests to go home and host Sri Lanka. And the venues are to be Brisbane and Perth, which would suit the the New Zealanders if you had to pick a venue for NZ to do well in.

Macca

Coach
Actually the topic is Aust Vs NZ. You are talking about a fairly long time ago. How long is that series going to be the one you base your opinions on?

Anonymous

Juniors
Thierry Henry said:
Did you laugh that hard when we won 3 ODIs to your 1 last time?

Did you laugh hard when NZ missed out in the TVS Cup?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kiwi

First Grade
weasel said:
Kiwi said:
Funny how after NZ and SA hammered OZ making them miss the finals of their own series, easy beat teams have been invited since.

Actually we outdid South Africa 3-1 in the VB series that year. And two months later we beat them 5-1 in the series in South Africa. One of the things that still gets to me about that VB series is that despite crushing South Africa in both tests and one day series home and away over a four month period we came last in the VB series and the team who came second went 1-5 against the same Proteas that we were clearly so much better than.

Oz still missed the finals of their own series and since have made sure they invite only teams they know they can beat.

Macca

Coach
Can you seriously compare the two sides. Honestly now, Australia are light years ahead of NZ in both forms of the game. Anyone who says different is really kidding themselves. That year Australia missed the finals the World Series or whatever it is called now, they were experimenting with rotations and new players. Steve Waugh was no longer running the side. It was a bit of a low but it didn't last very long. How many have we lost since, not as many as NZ, thats for sure. The last series between the 2 countries is really the only thing you can go off. I hope the kiwi's and Pakis put on a good series in Australia and i hope it is close but I don't think they can win it.

Macca

Coach
Let's not forget, btw, that the only reason you guys made the final of that series is because SA let you so they didn't have to play Australia in the finals.