What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia vs. PNG

mightyboy

Juniors
Dally M Table - Best Players all year...

Carney 27 points
Farrah 26
Boyd 25
Marshall 21

Top 4 can't even get a look in for our national side.

Disgraceful side!

Teams should be picked on form.

I will be so bored watching this team run around.

_snafu_

Immortal
At least a case can be made that Lote has been playing well enough this season to earn a test jersey during the 4 nations, and against PNG would be the ideal one to give him.

I would have left out Morris instead and played Boyd, then likely played both Morris and Boyd against the Poms and the Kiwis (the games that count).

Gidley on the other hand is keeping out unquestionably superior players than he. Young, Carney, Farah, Soward and Pearce for starters, and there would be a dozen more behind them that are more deserving than Gidley.

It boggles the mind why he continually is handed rep honours despite consistently horrible performances in big games, and nothing more than reasonable form in club footy.

I agree with this.

Parra Guru

Coach

Carney 27 points
Farrah 26
Boyd 25
Marshall 21

Disgraceful side!

:lol: Marshall is a Kiwi bro!

Skinner

Coach
It's not about winning... It's just the fact that the strongest side was meant to be picked, and that side should include both Todd Carney and Darius Boyd. Hell even Robbie Farah ahead of Gidley.

Sheens is a tosser.

Why on gods earth would you pick your strongest side to play, undoubtedly, the weakest opposition ??

Sheens a tosser....I think not.

I hope Australia puts that team on the field against us.

That's the worst Kangaroo 3/4 line I've ever seen.

The pack looks ok. The bench looks awesome with the exception of Gidley.

franklin2323

Immortal
Why on gods earth would you pick your strongest side to play, undoubtedly, the weakest opposition ??

Sheens a tosser....I think not.

Well why say the best team will play?? That must been the best team surely Bird/Young is better then Gidley on the bench no injuries it wastes a spot

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Wonder who will play right side, both Brett and Lote play left if memory serves.

The reason I find this interesting is whomever plays right will end up on Manu as he plays left.

My guess is this will be Lote and he is there to play against Manu.

GongPanther

Referee

Carney 27 points
Farrah 26
Boyd 25
Marshall 21

Disgraceful side!

And you can note that only four players made this side from the teams that made the Grand Final and from the side (Penrith) that came second.

In years gone by,it was standard procedure that most of the players from the finals series (especially the GF) were picked in rep games.

Joker's Wild

Coach
They have talked up Lote marking The Beast so Im guessing he will line up on the right side.

By "they" I mean the media. Pure speculation though

mightyboy

Juniors
:lol: Marshall is a Kiwi bro!

OOPS! :eek:

Yeah, I realise that now.

I was originally just going to post the top 3 from memory, but thought I better look up the list to be sure... then I got a bit carried away :D

Still.. point remains... the three best players all year as judged in the Dally M awards can't get a shot in our National side... it's embarassing.

pantherz9103

First Grade
No Lawrence, Carney or Farah? Looks like they won't get a run at all.

Should've picked all the fringe players for a game that we all know that they will win easily who ever they pick. Why bother having a 24 man squad?

The 18th Man

Juniors
Should be a good game and not as much a walkover as some expect. We have a lot of boys who haven't played for a while in the team so I'd expect a little ring rust. PNG will play with plenty of emotion and our boys will be in for a bruising first half. Our class will see out the win, though I think it will be a tough, grinding win barring some late tries that will inflate the score board not giving an accurate picture as to how tough the game really was.

Latest posts