What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia won't win 2022 WC

Tigers1986

Juniors
you cant expect players to keep training for weeks after the SL season finishes to play a club tour game
Why not? It'd be a select base of clubs and most of those players would be fringe players for the England setup. The gate and opportunity to play a tier 1 nation at home would be tantalising. It was a huge part of the appeal of the Lions tour in Union [I'm not sure of its make up now post-covid]

Smug Panther

First Grade
Why not? It'd be a select base of clubs and most of those players would be fringe players for the England setup. The gate and opportunity to play a tier 1 nation at home would be tantalising. It was a huge part of the appeal of the Lions tour in Union [I'm not sure of its make up now post-covid]
Because they aren't plumbers and bricklayers anymore

Tigers1986

Juniors
And? You think they'd fob off a once in four year event to play against a tier 1 international team? Interesting.

Perth Red

Post Whore
because after the season finishes they want to go to Miami or Vegas, not run around a cold field keeping fit for another 3 or 4 weeks to play a one off game against the Kangaroos B side on a Wednesday night!

Gobsmacked

Bench
Jerome Hues- Dylan Brown
Absolutely killing it atm 😳
They are the NZ halves!
And then there's the 9....
Joey Manu...
The pack 🙌
If they're fit, Aus is going to get fuxced up 😳

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
now the NRL & SL seasons are aligned 4 or 5 nations tournaments are much better than kangaroo tours. without club games its not much of a tour. Maybe an ashes series plus a game against France in Europe as well.
I loved the old 4 nations, it was just starting to get some traction as a brand too before it was scrapped for something bigger and better than never arrived

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Jerome Hues- Dylan Brown
Absolutely killing it atm 😳
They are the NZ halves!
And then there's the 9....
Joey Manu...
The pack 🙌
If they're fit, Aus is going to get fuxced up 😳
This Kiwis team are going to be hard to beat. The way the draw is, also with the Kiwis and Kangaroos potentially meeting in the SF, this could be the WC that Australia don't make it through to the final.

jim_57

Staff member
This Kiwis team are going to be hard to beat. The way the draw is, also with the Kiwis and Kangaroos potentially meeting in the SF, this could be the WC that Australia don't make it through to the final.

Very strong odds that the winner of that semi wins the final. Only really Fiji on that side of the draw could put up much of a challenge to those two and it would take a miracle for them to beat either.

On the other side England, Tonga, Samoa are all a chance and even PNG are an outside chance of making the final.

ATOWN2

Juniors
It’s pleasing to see the growth of other nations, particularly Tonga in recent years. Personally still think Australia will be the team to beat though.

Clarkent

Juniors
It’s pleasing to see the growth of other nations, particularly Tonga in recent years. Personally still think Australia will be the team to beat though.
Australia will always be the favourites but they won't be the heavy favourites like they used to be in the past. Which is good for the international game

The Kangaroos haven't done themselves any favours by arrogantly not wanting to play anymore,
The Kangaroos as a national league team dont decide whether they play or not the Australian Rugby League Commission does. Wasnt it the ARL before 2012 that held the national reins and virtually condemmed future Kangaroo tours to a slow death. THERE HAS NOT BEEN A TOUR SINCE 2001. That is abysmal after the golden eras of the 70, 80, 90s when we held recriprocal tours every two years. And unlike 2001 when we played only the three Tests, tours back in those halcyon days involved as many as 18 matches, the Tests and local English sides. Much like the old cricket tours.

Clarkent

Juniors
That's why I find it laughable when the aussie fans get upset at the island boys for turning out for their island nations over the aussies like they haven't played international in 3 years lol

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
That's why I find it laughable when the aussie fans get upset at the island boys for turning out for their island nations over the aussies like they haven't played international in 3 years lol
I haven't seen anyone upset by it. Most people enjoy the players playing for their heritage so we can watch more competitive matches.

The Kangaroos as a national league team dont decide whether they play or not the Australian Rugby League Commission does. Wasnt it the ARL before 2012 that held the national reins and virtually condemmed future Kangaroo tours to a slow death. THERE HAS NOT BEEN A TOUR SINCE 2001. That is abysmal after the golden eras of the 70, 80, 90s when we held recriprocal tours every two years. And unlike 2001 when we played only the three Tests, tours back in those halcyon days involved as many as 18 matches, the Tests and local English sides. Much like the old cricket tours.
A few years ago some of the most prominent Kangaroos made it clear that they didn't want to play test matches at the end of the year anymore through the players association. They were too tired from Origin.

England87

Juniors
IF Australia do win I just hope there are a few upsets in the pools and quarters. The following results will bring a smile to my dial.

Ireland beating Lebanon & qualifying for the Quarters

Jamaica beating Lebanon

Fiji running Australia close for 60 minutes.

Fiji running up a a few cricket scores playing a unique style of footy compared to the rest

Samoa & England being a one score game either way.

France flogging Greece & keeping Samoa & England honest.

No team losing by a 50 burger.

No team being kept to 0

Wales no names fluking a win against the Cooks and keeping Tonga & PNG to a respectful score.

All semi finals to be one score games.

England making the final