What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia won't win 2022 WC

MKCS

Juniors
I think Australia will be up there, will be great to see the Island nations be even more competitive but Australia still has a ton of superstar players available to them.

Tedesco, Latrell, Trbojevic (If he plays), Holmes, Munster, Cleary, Hunt, Ponga and I'm sure I'm missing a few others. Island nations will have great packs but hard to top those players...

RedVee_8

Juniors
Junior Paulo's committed to Australia from what Meniga said in a article today. Good thing is samoa has a few props to choose from. Not as good as Paulo obviously.
Aloiai, Molo, Josh McGuire and Taupau are a few solid Props to choose from
SMH today have Junior Paulo with Damoa to honour his grandmothers in Samoa before they die.

taste2taste

Juniors
SMH today have Junior Paulo with Damoa to honour his grandmothers in Samoa before they die.
Still waiting to here from Haas, Tino, Nanai, Suaalii and Taulagi.

Papalii said there were more players that would commit to Samoa but they hadn't made it public yet.

It's a huge blow that Schuster has pulled out. He's a gun.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
Still waiting to here from Haas, Tino, Nanai, Suaalii and Taulagi.

Papalii said there were more players that would commit to Samoa but they hadn't made it public yet.

It's a huge blow that Schuster has pulled out. He's a gun.

Only Suaalii out of those will play for Australia

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
If Papa takes Storm to a premiership in second half of season, or Tedesco goes down injured, it could be Papa, Munster, Grant combination. That'd probably be better for the roos. Main concern for Kiwis is no real game changer and their wings are unusually weak.

It'll be DCE on bench, even though it should be Hunt based on SOO form imo.
IMO the Kiwis have a few game changers - Manu, especially from fullback can do anything, Brown and Hughes are world class and Smith always plays out of his skin in a Kiwi jersey.

The other factor is that the Kiwi forward pack is downright scary and is a massive asset. If you have the above mentioned names playing off the front foot courtesy of that forward pack then look out

Clarkent

Juniors
Only Suaalii out of those will play for Australia
He got interviewed today if Matt Parish and Meniga called him who would he pick and he said he doesn't know. I think the samoan players are holding back on who they'll pick because of the backlash To'o and Luai got on social media. I won't be surprised if Suali'i ends up playing for samoa

Smug Panther

First Grade
He got interviewed today if Matt Parish and Meniga called him who would he pick and he said he doesn't know. I think the samoan players are holding back on who they'll pick because of the backlash To'o and Luai got on social media. I won't be surprised if Suali'i ends up playing for samoa
What a little pussy if so

Tigers1986

Juniors
Australia can still put up a very competitive squad regardless of withdrawals of players from second-tier nations.

Tedesco, Munster, DCE/Cleary, Cook/Hunt as a spine, Fox, Burton, Gagai, Latrell in the centres, not sure on forward pack but Murray, Carrigan, Jake T, will be around the side for sure.

One thing though - it's gonna be great for international footy for it to not just be an Australia vs NZ race with England lapping behind. A competitive, challenging Samoa, Tonga and even PNG will be fantastic for the game.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
He'd be better towing the line with Fittler and Meninga who have both said the origin rule needs changing to scrap tier 1 eligibility. If the Kangaroo coach is saying that then its time for it to happen! If the Kangaroos cant offer an environment and opportunities that the other nations can then tough on them.
TBH Id rather play for Tonga in front of that crowd in Auckland than Kangaroos in front of a half empty stadium in Canberra once every few years!
I agree with this mate. If the ARL find themselves in a position in the future that none of the Origin players want to pull on the Kangaroo jersey, then it is on them for letting the prestige of the jersey fall so much while simultaneously making sure the Origin jerseys maintain or even increase their prestige. They would have dug their own grave at international level and it will be on them to return the prestige to the jersey.

All of the above would be good for the game long-term though.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
At the end of the day this is all going in one direction. Only people who have spent time in either state ( before the age of 13)will be able to represent those state. A lot of those will go on to represent their country of choice .
I actually can't imagine things being in a better position. If the Tongans, Samoan, Papua new Guinea's, NZ, English have just a small representation at origin because of their eligibility that will have people from those nations jumping on board a state as is already happening from my conversations with Tongans ect ( staunch blue or maroon)

This is state of origin going global 😳
A global phenomenon 🙌
The sport is in the midst of a global revolution. Massive international competition and origin maintaining it's vigar on the international stage.
This is Massive.
They always market State of Origin as mate v mate. There will be another level to it moving forward. A Samoan and Tongan play side by side passionately for the QLD jersey in Origin and then line up at the end of the season against each other just as passionately in opposing international jerseys.

Tigers1986

Juniors
The Australian jersey would mean more if they played more. An absolute MUST is the return of the Kangaroo tour for mine. Not sure how I'd schedule it though.

2023 Kangaroos Tour
2024 Lions Tour
2025 World Cup
2026 Pacific 6 Nations
2027 Kangaroos Tour

Perth Red

Post Whore
The Australian jersey would mean more if they played more. An absolute MUST is the return of the Kangaroo tour for mine. Not sure how I'd schedule it though.

2023 Kangaroos Tour
2024 Lions Tour
2025 World Cup
2026 Pacific 6 Nations
2027 Kangaroos Tour
now the NRL & SL seasons are aligned 4 or 5 nations tournaments are much better than kangaroo tours. without club games its not much of a tour. Maybe an ashes series plus a game against France in Europe as well.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Roo tour was in the works before COVID. The "big" clubs would absolute adore the chance to play against Australia in the autumn and give their fans something to 'compete' against the Premier League and Union internationals.

St Helens, Leeds, Wigan, Catalans, sure, through in a game against France for the 'Emus' as they are affectionately known. 4/5 nations tournaments imo can be done on a quadannual basis.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Roo tour was in the works before COVID. The "big" clubs would absolute adore the chance to play against Australia in the autumn and give their fans something to 'compete' against the Premier League and Union internationals.

St Helens, Leeds, Wigan, Catalans, sure, through in a game against France for the 'Emus' as they are affectionately known. 4/5 nations tournaments imo can be done on a quadannual basis.
No way I want my clubs players playing meaningless games against shitty English club sides. Move with the times, full internationals only

Perth Red

Post Whore

you cant expect players to keep training for weeks after the SL season finishes to play a club tour game

Latest posts