What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia won't win 2022 WC

MKCS

Juniors
Would've loved to see Suaalii capped for Australia, saw some people say he was likely going over just as depth but I think he would've got a really good run.

Can't fault someone for wanting to represent another country though, I look forward to seeing him play for Samoa and seeing who Australia gets in to take Suaalii's spot.

I respect Suaalii's reason for turning his back on his birth country to play for Samoa, his extended family specially his grandparents who still live in Samoa.

With Joseph Suaalii now choosing not to play for the Kangaroos our chances of defending our title appear to be diminishing.

My bolter for the WC is now Samoa. Just look at the group of players on their roster. Suaalii, To'o, Luai, Papalii, Milford, Leilua, Paulo, Su'A, Taupau, Harris-Tevita, Alaoiai.

stryker

First Grade
I can’t wait to see Australia stomp Tonga and Samoa into the mud.
Kiwis are the team to beat.

stryker

First Grade
My bolter for the WC is now Samoa. Just look at the group of players on their roster. Suaalii, To'o, Luai, Papalii, Milford, Leilua, Paulo, Su'A, Taupau, Harris-Tevita, Alaoiai.
They’ll win a game or two but hopefully the countries they abandoned smash the f**k out of them to be perfectly frank.

stryker

First Grade
I respect Suaalii's reason for turning his back on his birth country to play for Samoa, his extended family specially his grandparents who still live in Samoa.
I find it hard to respect anyone who turns their back on the country that gave them everything they have.

taste2taste

Juniors
I can’t wait to see Australia stomp Tonga and Samoa into the mud.
Kiwis are the team to beat.
The way the draws been set Australia won't play either Tonga or Samoa until the final. NZ will knock out Australia in the semis, unfortunately Australia won't get the chance to stomp anyone into the mud :(

Clarkent

Juniors
Is Matt parish still coach though.
Unfortunately yes but they've also got Geoff Toovey, Daniel Holdsworth who's the attacking coach for the sharks, Lee Radford the Castleford coach and Richard Agar. So they're definitely planning for the English game

Billythekid

First Grade
The way the draws been set Australia won't play either Tonga or Samoa until the final. NZ will knock out Australia in the semis, unfortunately Australia won't get the chance to stomp anyone into the mud :(
I don’t want to get my hopes up but if we somehow got a NZ vs Tonga/Samoa GF that would be incredible.

Brian potter

Bench
League can't hold a candle to international rugby but one area I think we're better is allowing players to play for tier 2 countries. Suaalii can play for Australia later if he chooses.

If you look at rugby, Eto Nabuli and Suili Vulivanu played less than 2 minutes for the Wallabies and now they can't represent Fiji, the country they were born and raised in. The All Blacks are full of similar stories, Samoans, Tongans, Fijians playing only 1 game for NZ and then can never represent thier birth country.
They knew the rules before opting to represent the nation that payed them the most.

Clarkent

Juniors
I don’t want to get my hopes up but if we somehow got a NZ vs Tonga/Samoa GF that would be incredible.
I honestly can't see England beating Samoa or Tonga. The amount of depth and star quality in players has gone up another level since the last world cup for the island nations and England looks like they haven't improved at all since Graham and Burgess retired.