What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian 17 man Team Named

Nook

Bench
Bird in the halves ahead of Prince, Anasta, Inglis is offensive.

For all Ricky's nonsense about pride in the Australian jersey, all his stint as coach has demonstrated is that a) he's happy to play favourites with guys who don't deserve to be there as a question of incumbency/form/ability, and b) he's a cranky arsehole who thinks mouthing off at opposition players/coaches is good publicity for the international game.

Bird at 5/8th :lol:

philstorm

Juniors
Seriously, why not just play Inglis in the halves?

He's trained there all season with Smith and Cronk ffs ...

Mr Saab

Referee
2 untested halves at this level will be intriguing....esp with one not even a 5/8s (_._)

Ausrtralia have a poor record since 2003 in the 1st test (well this is a one and only) after the GF.

scuzzi

Juniors
Well done Michael Crocker! i hope his selection in the test team puts any questions of him retiring early out of his mind.

Few suprises there definately, what did kite do to deserve a run on spot ahead of Price?

I hope they drop Ricky Stuart before the world cup, or else half the sharks will be chosen.

lockyno1

Post Whore
The Mack said:
Should have been

Slater
Hayne
Gasnier
Hodges
Inglis
Anasta/Prince
Cronk
Price
Smith
Civoniceva
Watmough
Hoffman
Gallen

Bird/Bowen/Kidley
Crocker
Mason (though i was tempted to put Laffranchi)
Bailey/Cross

That team would have given NZ nightmares.

Any side with Anasta even close to it will not give NZ nightmares!

Razor

Coach
Inglis should have been the fullback
Bell should have been on the wing for Inglis
Crocker should have been in the 2nd row for Hindmarsh
Watmough should have been in the 2nd row for Hoffman
Johnson should have been at lock
Price should have been picked at prop for Kite
Hindmarsh should have been on the bench for Crocker
Hoffman should have been on the bench for Price

So

1. Inglis
2. Bell
3. Gasnier
4. Hodges
5. Hayne
6. Bird
7. Cronk
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Civo
11. Crocker
12. Watmough
13. Johnson

14. Hoffman
15. Mason
16. Gidley
17. Hindmarsh

lockyno1

Post Whore
Good side a few positives

a) no lyon
b) no Crapasta
c) Hoffman at 12, no Ryan (thank goodness)
d) no bowen, he aint a utility. And I rather Stewart or Slater at FB.

Dragon

Coach
Didnt the selectors see NQ v Warriors semi? Bowen killed it in the 2nd half, f**k me dead i feel sorry for him.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Why? Thurston aint there, he won't be anywhere near as effective, plus what has Stewart done wrong, he played 2 Origins this year and did well, both at fullback as well.

Don't agree with Gidley one bit...overated.

Kite is bloody lucky. Ben Cross has had a great season and is unlucky.

Crocker on the bench is a great move...

Cronk gets into the national side with playing SOO...awesome !!.

Nook

Bench
If I was Matty Bowen I'd be sitting back and waiting for the ARU to come knocking (as they surely will) next year.

He's clearly behind a number of players for the Qld and Aus fullback spot (whether or not he should be is debatable - either way he's desperately unlucky).

If he toddles off to play for the Wallabies he'll be getting paid much more to play fewer games in an inferior sport, and he'll walk in to a position in the national team. Couldn't blame him if he did.

Nook

Bench
Don't get me wrong Gregstar - I reckon he'd be much better off playing real football in the NRL rather than rolling around with a bunch of fatties in rah rah.

But from his point of view his continual non-selection is going to make it that much harder to turn the toffs down when the come a-grovelling.

Nook

Bench
And it must be that much harder to cop when nuffies like Greg Bird get selected in key positions simply because they are mates with the coach.

langpark

First Grade
very very weak team. Price should be starting and Bailey and Bowen should be in the team

Razor

Coach
And it must be that much harder to cop when nuffies like Greg Bird get selected in key positions simply because they are mates with the coach.

If Greg Bird played in Origin 1 & 2, NSW win 3-0. He's in the top 5 players in the game.

Latest posts