What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian 17 man Team Named

Mr Saab

Referee
Razor said:
If Greg Bird played in Origin 1 & 2, NSW win 3-0. He's in the top 5 players in the game.

You never dissapoint with your incredible stupidity.

Dazzat

First Grade
Stewart over Bowen?
Price on the bench?
Cronk chosen over Prince?
Smith being chosen as captain over Civ or Price?
Kite chosen over Bailey?

I reckon Grothe knew the deal ... being chosen for the train on squad meant nothing. Seems selectors can only remember performances in the past 24 hours.

Kudos to Grothe for not wasting his time and turning up to training!

Tunguska

Juniors
Razor said:
If Greg Bird played in Origin 1 & 2, NSW win 3-0. He's in the top 5 players in the game.

Agreed.

If you've watched Bird for every second this year, as I have, you'll know he deserves many, many more raps than he gets.

Stands in the tackle 90% of the time. Can threaten to offload 60%. Can step. Can pass. Has a developing kicking game, including spiral bomb. Puts on massive hits.

What more could you want from a player? I havent seen one like him since early Fittler.

babyg

Juniors
Bowen was robbed again.
Going on form, Slater should be there and wtf is Gidley doing there.
Prince is a much better 7 than Cronk. I really don't like people playing for Australia without the Origin experience.

Will NZ have any halves, cause if they do than we're gone.

philstorm

Juniors
Razor said:

Smith
Farah
Thurston
Bowen
Inglis
Price
Petero

Tell me when to stop.

Jake86

Juniors
philstorm said:
Smith
Farah
Thurston
Bowen
Inglis
Price
Petero

Tell me when to stop.

Not to mention Lockyer, Gasnier, Hodges, Minichllo, SBW...etc etc
Top 5 players my a$$

As for the side picked, some pretty poor selections imo. Price should be starting, Prince and Bowen (or Slater) should be playing, Bird should be on the bench, Gidley should not

Changes:
1: Bowen/Slater
6: Cronk
7: Prince
8: Price
17: Bird

Razor

Coach
Not to mention Lockyer, Gasnier, Hodges, Minichllo, SBW...etc etc
Top 5 players my a$$

Thurston
Smith
SBW
Inglis

Then Bird

We're talking on current play, not 5 years ago. Bird is better than Lockyer now. Lockyer won't get his position back.

Smith
Farah
Thurston
Bowen
Inglis
Price
Petero

Tell me when to stop.

Bowen? Philstorm you can't be serious. He's well down the list of fullbacks, so how can he possibly be one of the games best players?

Pistol

Coach
Razor said:
Thurston
Smith
SBW
Inglis

Then Bird

We're talking on current play, not 5 years ago. Bird is better than Lockyer now. Lockyer won't get his position back.

Bowen? Philstorm you can't be serious. He's well down the list of fullbacks, so how can he possibly be one of the games best players?
SBW doesnt play Origin for starters if you wanted to talk about that

You mentioned in a previous post that if greg bird played all 3 Origins, NSW win 3-0 and this reply of yours to philstorm's post is completely laughable...

Lockyer is the number 1 5/8 in the game now.... no question.

if you want your memory jogged, greg bird played origin 2 and QLD won that.

bowen is one of the games best players because of his ability to turn the game. he's an electric player. you dont have to be number 1 on the pecking order to be one of the best players... look at steven price. he's been easily one of the games best props over a few years now and yet an aus jersey eluded him until this one off test

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Razor said:
Inglis should have been the fullback
Incorrect, Slater should have been.
Razor said:
Bell should have been on the wing for Inglis
Ridiculous. What on earth has Bell done this year?
Razor said:
Crocker should have been in the 2nd row for Hindmarsh
Crocker is more of an impact player, Hindmarsh offers nothing in impact apart from a tackle rate that is made up mostly of 3rd man in efforts
Razor said:
Watmough should have been in the 2nd row for Hoffman
Incorrect
Razor said:
Johnson should have been at lock
Correct, I can't believe no one else has mentioned this yet.
Razor said:
Price should have been picked at prop for Kite
Correct
Razor said:
Hindmarsh should have been on the bench for Crocker
Incorrect see above
Razor said:
Hoffman should have been on the bench for Price
Incorrect

Mr Saab

Referee
Razor said:

What is in the water that you drink?
Lockyer wont get his spot back?
The Australian captain since 2003......f**k you are a dumb merkin
Thurston and Lockyer will march right back into that spare parts team.

Noa

First Grade
Apart from Crocker and Petero the forwards look a bit "soft " to me. Not that Price, Gallen etc arent good players but I can see the Kiwis getting a real roll on with players like Roy, Lima, J. Smith, Rapira.

If we win it will only be through the brilliance of Inglis or Hodges.

philstorm

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
What is in the water that you drink?
Lockyer wont get his spot back?
The Australian captain since 2003......f**k you are a dumb merkin
Thurston and Lockyer will march right back into that spare parts team.

Harsh on Cronk, but fair (Thurston is the best player in the world).

I'd love to see Cronk have a brilliant game and stamp himself as the second best half-back in the world.

nqboy

First Grade
philstorm said:
I'd love to see Cronk have a brilliant game and stamp himself as the second best half-back in the world.
Yeah, and I'd love to be Prime Minister but it ain't going to happen.

Tunguska

Juniors
Frank_Grimes said:
Incorrect, Slater should have been.
Ridiculous. What on earth has Bell done this year?
Crocker is more of an impact player, Hindmarsh offers nothing in impact apart from a tackle rate that is made up mostly of 3rd man in efforts
Incorrect
Correct, I can't believe no one else has mentioned this yet.
Correct
Incorrect see above
Incorrect

Mate you're a deadset f**kwit.

Unless you're a selector I don't want to hear that arrogant bullsh*t.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Bird is not a five-eighth.

How does Cronk get a start before Prince? Does Melbourne winning the comp make Cronk a better player than Prince?

That's a joke.

Pistol

Coach
hybrid_tiger said:
Bird is not a five-eighth.

How does Cronk get a start before Prince? Does Melbourne winning the comp make Cronk a better player than Prince?

That's a joke.

i would dare suggest the fact that the Titans didnt make the finals went against Prince and the fact Crock was the halfback that helped Melb make 2 GFs in a row and was the GF winning halfback

I said it before that Sticky sort of implied that it was down to either Crock or Orford as he said the GF halves had the inside running

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Pistol said:
i would dare suggest the fact that the Titans didnt make the finals went against Prince and the fact Crock was the halfback that helped Melb make 2 GFs in a row and was the GF winning halfback

I said it before that Sticky sort of implied that it was down to either Crock or Orford as he said the GF halves had the inside running

So what they are saying is, Cronk is a better player than Prince because Melbourne won the comp?

Prince has played for Australia before and is a superior player to Cronk (no disrespect to him).

Alternatively, they could have gone 6. Prince 7. Cronk, if they were so hell-bent on selecting Cronk. Bird is not a five-eighth.

Prince was by far the best halfback in the comp after Thurston this year. I think its a joke that he wasn't selected with Thurston injured.

Latest posts