What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Open

lockyno1

Post Whore
Just got back today from Melbourne, saw some great matches including the 5 set match last night. Great to see Mary Pierce lose!

Urmate

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Just got back today from Melbourne, saw some great matches including the 5 set match last night. Great to see Mary Pierce lose!
Why is there something about Mary that you dislike?

lockyno1

Post Whore
Urmate said:
Why is there something about Mary thaat you dislike?

Yes! Her constant injury-faking just annoys the living daylight out of me! I will never forget in the grand slam final last year, she took an injury after losing the set 6-1! I mean FFS, to me that is unsportmanlike. You don't see Sharapova, Henin, Clijsters, Davenport doing that do you! It is always the spoilt brat Pierce doing it!

Razor

Coach
lockyno1 said:
Yes! Her constant injury-faking just annoys the living daylight out of me! I will never forget in the grand slam final last year, she took an injury after losing the set 6-1! I mean FFS, to me that is unsportmanlike. You don't see Sharapova, Henin, Clijsters, Davenport doing that do you! It is always the spoilt brat Pierce doing it!

Henin does it all the time.

Raider_69 said:
Stoser is starting to play some good tennis, if she can get this tie breaker she is a real shot at knocking hingis over with this crowd behind her, and imo the momentum...

match point for hingis now :(

Stoser is the 3rd worst server i have seen in women's tennis - the worst was Kornikova and the second worst is the austrian Bammer that Stoser beat in 3 sets of break serve tennis.

she should have beat hingis especially as hingis serves only 130k's at max but with 80% + first serves in

the match should be on dvd and titled how to lose a tennis match in straight sets.

Urmate said:
Pity he didn't win.

Comrade Davydenko will give him a match hopefully after surviving a drunken crowd attack on the saturday night against Healy and winning in 5 sets when 2 sets to nil down.

Hopefully Comrade Safin can get on the phone and give a fellow Soviet some tips on beating Federer.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Federer will be play Nalbandian in the final though but one never know's

Cletus

First Grade
El Diablo said:
Baghdatis looks like he's about to do what Federer did last night

And his gf looked at me the same way she looked at me last night! God I hope he wins this one.
I think he could push Federer this guy, he plays an unusual game and has a lot of power. Could be the dawning of a new age, one that doesn't involve dummy spit Lleyton.

Cletus

First Grade
El Diablo said:
she is hot

Damn hot. I don't know why they bother with the tennis, they could just have a camera on her all night and I'd still tune in. Baghdatis still looks the goods in the Open though. Should be a great final.

Cletus

First Grade
HevyDevy said:
That spastic Ljubicic cost me $70!!!

Disgraceful display

Always bet on the better looking chick, or the guy with the best looking girlfriend;-) .

aussies1st

Staff member
Henin beats Davenport but it didn't look like she would after the first set. Good recovery by her.