What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Open

Jono078

Referee
Damn.

At the beginning of the tourney I predicted Ljubicic and Sharapova to win. Now im down to one :(.

Razor

Coach
I've got $50 on the Federer/Henin-Hardenne double

The bets I had were

$50 on Davenport
$10 on Bovina
$5 on Safin
$5 on Agassi
$1 on Davenport/Safin double
$1 on Daveport/Agassi double
$1 on Bovina/Safin double
$1 on Bovina/Agassi double

I thought Federer would win the mens but he was too short, so put a bit of money on the only 2 players who can beat him. Which is why I only had $5 on them, plus $1 on the doubles.

However Bovina, Safin and Agassi all withdrew before the tournament began.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Razor said:
I thought Federer would win the mens but he was too short, so put a bit of money on the only 2 players who can beat him.

Nalbandian has a better chance than those two ever will

aussies1st

Staff member
Lol just saw a werid play in tennis. Kieffer threw his racket up but Grosjean was still trying to hit the ball. Grosjean missed but the umpire said there was no hidderance. Grosjean was up 40-30 and the score went to deuce. But justice was done in the end. Now its 6-6 and this match is fast approaching the longest match ever.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Sebastian blew his chance today, but well done to Kiefer who goes through to meet either Federer or Davadenko in the semis.

Mauresmo vs. Patty Schnider is coming up.

Razor

Coach
El Diablo said:
Nalbandian has a better chance than those two ever will

Both Agassi and Safin have beaten Federer on this surface. Safin did last year. Nalbandian hasn't for 3 years, before Federer won his 1st slam.

This is the first year he made the Semi's here.

Yet he first made the Semis at Wimbledon(Grass) in 2002, US Open(Decoturf) in 2003, and French Open(clay) in 2004.

Rebound Ace would be the one of the worst surfaces for Nalbandian. His style of game doesn't suit this surface at all, which is why he has struggled in his previous matches against low quality opponents.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Razor said:
Both Agassi and Safin have beaten Federer on this surface. Safin did last year. Nalbandian hasn't for 3 years, before Federer won his 1st slam.

Well they've only ever played twice here and it's 1-1

lockyno1

Post Whore
Razor said:

This is the first year he made the Semi's here.

Yet he first made the Semis at Wimbledon(Grass) in 2002, US Open(Decoturf) in 2003, and French Open(clay) in 2004.

Rebound Ace would be the one of the worst surfaces for Nalbandian. His style of game doesn't suit this surface at all, which is why he has struggled in his previous matches against low quality opponents.

Doesn't Nalbandian still hold a postive record against Federer? Face it, apart from Davadenko, he is the best chance to beat Roger.

Razor

Coach
lockyno1 said:
Doesn't Nalbandian still hold a postive record against Federer?

Yes, but apart from the Masters Cup final last year(when Federer was injured), Federer had won the previous 4 matches losing only 2 sets(and 1 of those sets he lost was in the round-robin of the MC last year when he did have that ankle injury).

Face it, apart from Davadenko, he is the best chance to beat Roger.

This year, yes. But neither are a chance of winning. Safin & Agassi are the only 2 players who can. That's why when both players pulled out, Federer went to $1.50 to win the tournament before it even started.

I never said other players were a better chance to beat Federer. I said the only players that can beat him aren't playing.

The only players who can beat Federer(when Federer is in form)

Rebound Ace - Safin, Agassi
Decoturf/Synpave - Nadal, Safin, Agassi
Grass - No one
Clay - Several players noteably Nadal
Carpet - Safin
Indoor Hard - Safin

El Diablo

Post Whore
Razor said:
Yes, but apart from the Masters Cup final last year(when Federer was injured), Federer had won the previous 4 matches losing only 2 sets(and 1 of those sets he lost was in the round-robin of the MC last year when he did have that ankle injury).

yet you say Agassi has a better chance despite losing his last 8 against him :?

Razor said:
This year, yes. But neither are a chance of winning. Safin & Agassi are the only 2 players who can. That's why when both players pulled out, Federer went to $1.50 to win the tournament before it even started.

I never said other players were a better chance to beat Federer. I said the only players that can beat him aren't playing.

The only players who can beat Federer(when Federer is in form)

Rebound Ace - Safin, Agassi
Decoturf/Synpave - Nadal, Safin, Agassi
Grass - No one
Clay - Several players noteably Nadal
Carpet - Safin
Indoor Hard - Safin

yet Agassi has never beat him on this surface but has a better chance than Nalbandian who has :?

Razor

Coach
El Diablo said:
yet you say Agassi has a better chance despite losing his last 8 against him :?

Watch the matches. He was competitive. Nalbandian wasn't

yet Agassi has never beat him on this surface but has a better chance than Nalbandian who has :?

Agassi has beaten him on this surface in unofficial matches, and look at the way Agassi plays. RA is perfect for his game. It's not for Nalbandian.

Latest posts