What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

australian petrol prices. we are be scammed hard riped off bigtime

Just had a look at the Tesla car. Very schmick, but you need a cool $100,000 to get the base model S. I would imagine it would be well built, Elon Musk doesn't do things by halves.

So basically it's reserved for hippy wankers in Balmain and the Eastern Suburbs at the minute.

goodplayer

Juniors
get real please , where are the mass produced electric vehicles ?

where the price is around $10-$20,000

not some stupid $100,000 wanking dickheads car , where a few 100 are sold

like i said your being conned and blinded by the big oil scam job , wake up

It's new technology you spanner. As it becomes more popular, demand will allow them to mass produce and decrease the cost. Although they currently manufacture 1,250 units per week at one facility so it's hardly a backyard operation.

goodplayer

Juniors
Did you read the links I posted? It's growing and becoming ever popular. If you think it is worth the investment get on it. Be the change, don't just call for it.

ok popular now you say . electric cars were invented and made over 40 years ago ok

so where are the 100s of millions of electric cars right now ?:sarcasm:

and gas, hydrogen powered cars ?:roll:

big bad cowboys of oil has suppressed all these

$800 per month is a home mortgage for some people, or for you city narrow minded blinkered thickheads, a home not in the city or a holiday home outside of the big city :lol:

wouldn't you like a nice holiday home on the north or south coast. or out in the bush ;-)

7 days and no ideas . that says something

Some of us celebrated Christmas, keeping an eye on this thread wasn't a priority for me.

There aren't hundreds of thousands of electric cars because there was no market. As oil begins to become scarce it is the obvious solution and companies will invest. Car manufacturers are tinkering with hybrid and electric solutions now so they aren't completely unprepared for a wholesale change.

For the large majority of the populace who live in the capital centres, $800 a month mortgage is a f**king pipe dream.

Will be going bush when I retire. Would like to buy back my grandfathers dairy farm if it is still there when the time comes.

skeepe

Immortal
It's down to $1.14 and people are still whingeing.

Where? $1.40 in Canberra.

Interestingly, places like Bateman's Bay and Narooma have it around $1.26, is it really more expensive to transport it to Canberra than it is to small coastal towns further away from the depot? Sounds fishy to me.

goodplayer

Juniors
fishy you say , really , reeks and stinks of rotting fish guts n heads for decades buddy

sydney west price got down to about $1.09

$800 per month on petrol or a nice little home loan. coast or bush, outer city home

blue mountains west sydney, central, north, south coasts of sydney

canberra, darwin, adelaide, all other small cities, towns

lifestyle or slave ?

bileduct

Coach
Where? $1.40 in Canberra.

Interestingly, places like Bateman's Bay and Narooma have it around $1.26, is it really more expensive to transport it to Canberra than it is to small coastal towns further away from the depot? Sounds fishy to me.
It was $1.34 last night when I filled up.

It's been a while since I was able to fill up the tank for under $100.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
108 near me. Ive seen 107 at some dodgy looking servo in Bankstown. Its alright now, compared that to the 170 I had to pay approx six months ago!

Butto

Juniors
$1.29 in Toronto Newcastle. I was in Sydney Saturday and paid $1.08. Toronto is 1 hour on the freeway from Sydney and 20 cents per litre is a joke. I travel to Muswellbrook for work and it is normally cheaper out there also.

TheFrog

Coach
It's nothing to do with distance from Sydney, its what the market will bear. All over Sydney you have independents, which force the big guys (Coles, Woolies and BP) to keep their prices down. It would appear there aren't any independents in your area.

This means the competition for the local servos is quite some way away (Hornsby/Newcastle). They have no doubt decided they make more money charging this price than they lose by people travelling elsewhere to fill up.

Last edited:

TheFrog

Coach
BP aren't a retailer.

From the BP Australia website:

Across Australia we supply fuel to about 1300 service stations. Around 1000 of these are independently owned, but sell fuel under our brand. The remainder are owned and operated by us.

So they are not the major retailer they once were, but they are still a retailer.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
NRMA are saying we should be stocking up before the price goes up

Seriously, who wants to store petrol on their property ?

Latest posts