What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Side Announced

Shorty

Staff member
Mr Saab said:
Then be "selector" and name me your "form" team
It's a sunday night and I'm hungover not going to happen.

The squad is fine mostly,I do understand Hunt was to be chosen...but he hasn't been outstanding...

Tate is so error ridden,he always worries me but his confidence is down and his ball handling skills are terrible at the moment.

I'm aware of some of the great stuff he's done for QLD and Australia but you can bet any money he's made careless errors in the same games.

There are plenty of wingers in the competition that could do a better job,what about putting Billy Slater there if he can't be at fullback.

I don't really think Lyon has been spectacular either...there are plenty of centres to choose from that have been firing well,Matt Cooper being one of them.

Mr Saab

Referee
Go on dazza..let it out....i know your angry as Bowen was overlooked...and i told you mid week i would be waiting for you sunday night

Shorty

Staff member
Mr Saab said:
The squad is "fine mostly".....then what are you crying about?
Brent Tate:?

He shouldn't be there...is there some sort of minimum for being upset about a rep side?:roll:

CharlieF

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
You have to earn your rep jersey...not just throw it out there to the likes of anyone in a 5 game purple patch of form...like a greg bird for example.
Play the whole yr, play well in origin too and it is hard to be overlooked.

I'll give just one example. Brett Stewart is playing extremely well, is scoring plenty of tries. He is fast and defence-wise very, very good. He has been doing this for the last 3 years. He is in an form team and has performed excellently this year.

The thing is, that there are even more players than Stewart in the same position, not just a purple patch.

I'm not saying Stewart should be in the team, but if Tate is there, then Stewart should be there. His is not a purple patch of form.

Azkatro

First Grade
Well the QLD representation has improved from 3 selected last year to 8 this year :D

The front row selection was always going to be a toss-up. I think a couple of guys will be on notice in this game nonetheless, you can't rely too much on a few weeks of club form in representative games. Having said that anyone who has a shocker in this game has 20 odd weeks to make up for it before any more internationals are played again.

Mr Saab

Referee
When stewart makes origin, and then performs then you might see Brett in a test jersey.
But sorry, 5 good games does not earn you a jersey over a player who has been there done that for the past 5 yrs.

Stagger eel

Staff member
CharlieF said:
I'll give just one example. Brett Stewart is playing extremely well, is scoring plenty of tries. He is fast and defence-wise very, very good. He has been doing this for the last 3 years. He is in an form team and has performed excellently this year.

The thing is, that there are even more players than Stewart in the same position, not just a purple patch.

I'm not saying Stewart should be in the team, but if Tate is there, then Stewart should be there. His is not a purple patch of form.

you know what??? I would of loved Stewart at 1 cutie to the wing and Tate in the centres ahead of Judas..

much better backline.

Mr Saab said:
Go on dazza..let it out....i know your angry as Bowen was overlooked...and i told you mid week i would be waiting for you sunday night
How about answering the question..... You quoted you have to earn your rep jersey....Tell me how Hunt earnt his last yr?

CharlieF

Juniors
Holla if ya hear me said:
bull frekin sh*t..o meley or even joel clinton offer soooo much more than this lumberer

Are we looking at the same player????

We are talking about Kite right?

If that is your opinion, thats fine, but he has been performing in all the games he has played for the last year and half that I have watched.

I saw the forwards that went missing when Australia played NZ and got beat in the final in 2005. I can't remember Kite playing. Maybe thats why they lost?

Mr Saab

Referee
dazza62 said:
How about answering the question..... You quoted you have to earn your rep jersey....Tell me how Hunt earnt his last yr?

Lets see shall we...

*8/10 performance in origin 2
*Minichiello out for the yr....Hodgson also injured.
*Played in the GF winning team
* Combination with Lockyer....that will prob pi$$ you off as a reason (care factor none) but thats fact.

Shorty

Staff member
Mr Saab said:
I put it out to you and this is what you come back with?
Go stretch your biceps femoris
You're a fool,picking a fight much?:lol:

Go stretch your glutes before bending over for Bennet.

Latest posts