What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Summer Of Tennis

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Safin leads 2 sets to 1

1-6, 6-3, 6-4

Safin leads 4th set 2-0 as we speak.

budz

Juniors
Ahhh.......so happy Hewitt the wanker lost! Geez his lack of respect for people when he is on court amazes me. Its out bursts like that which keep reminding me why i go for any player that he plays against. Bring back Pat!

knightsgal85

Juniors
The better man won on the night. Go Marat - you thoroughly deserved it - 3rd time lucky, and finally you've won your second Grand Slam :clap: Great to see Lleyton so gracious in defeat. Absolutely loved Marat's speech - classic! :D

And good going by Sam and Scott with their mixed doubles final win :clap:

knightsgal85

Juniors
Razor said:
One thing I just saw somewhere else Serena was the first person to defeat 3 of the top 4 seeds in the same tournament - 1st, 2nd, and 4th seeds (of course that can only be done by someone who isn't in the top 4 seeds). She has the record for most points gained at a single tournament (1208 - 2nd is Double-H with 1156 at FO 2003, 3rd is Serena again with 1100 at Wimbledon 2003)

Those are quite interesting statistics. Although, I did know the former (i.e. Serena achieved that) - it just seems quite unbelievable that no other woman has accomplished that feat before (I never knew that).

Razor

Coach
knightsgal85 said:
Razor said:
One thing I just saw somewhere else Serena was the first person to defeat 3 of the top 4 seeds in the same tournament - 1st, 2nd, and 4th seeds (of course that can only be done by someone who isn't in the top 4 seeds). She has the record for most points gained at a single tournament (1208 - 2nd is Double-H with 1156 at FO 2003, 3rd is Serena again with 1100 at Wimbledon 2003)

Those are quite interesting statistics. Although, I did know the former (i.e. Serena achieved that) - it just seems quite unbelievable that no other woman has accomplished that feat before (I never knew that).

I was slightly wrong. She was the first to defeat 3 of the top 4 players in the world in a Grand Slam. A couple of other players have beaten 3 of the top 4 seeds (obviously when the Slam didn't follow the rankings in seeding or players in the top 4 didn't play)

Latest posts