What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Team

Woods over Papalii, do me a favour. Woods has been woeful this year.

What an uninspiring Australian team.
Where is your faith. The backline looks loaded with speed and talent. The forward pack is less inspiring I must admit. Not sure how JDB was left out. Has ball skills and is just about the games best defender.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Yeah one of them was in Brisbane, one in Sydney. We lost those 2 games. We won the first game in Melbourne though, but Dave Watson was in the centres with McCracken and Blackmore on the wing. Iro came in for the 2nd and 3rd tests. Watson switched to 5/8. The Sydney game is where Peter Jackson got sent off for king hitting Dave Watson (after he done a high shot on Wishart). Jacko ran in and king hit Watson. Then McCracken ran in and started punching Jacko. I remember the commentary team going off at McCracken's send off....like wtf was he supposed to do, not fight and defend his mate? LOL
Dave Watson was one of those annoying players for me in that he had the skills and talent to have had a much better and successful career. A bit like Clayton friend both very skilful and silky runners.

As for Jarrod McCracken he was 1 of my favourite players when I was a kid. Big and strong and liked a punch up!!! lol

McCracken had either a season or off season in the U.K. playing for St. Helens. Isn’t his nickname “crackers”??

New Zealand squad
Leeson Ah Mau, Gerard Beale, Adam Blair, Jesse Bromwich, Kenneath Bromwich, James Fisher-Harris, Corey Harawira-Naera, Jahrome Hughes, Jamayne Isaako, Shaun Johnson, Issac Liu, Joseph Manu, Esan Marsters, Ken Maumalo, Kodi Nikorima, Isaiah Papali'i, Kevin Proctor, Jordan Rapana, Brandon Smith, Joseph Tapine, Martin Taupau, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/10/01/five-debutants-in-new-zealand-kiwis-squad/
Where is the Dally M winner?

Isnt it generous of we Australians to give most of these Kiwis a helping hand in their careers by welcoming NZ into our world best comp. Without that generosity one wonders whether they would be anywhere near as competitive as they are.

Time for the other strong Pacific Island nations to join Tonga and play Test footy. We need to grow our sport.

Last edited:

King hit

Coach
I guess the team would be

1: James Tedesco
2: Tom Trobevich
3: Latrell Mitchell
4: Greg Inglis
5: Valentine Holmes
6: Cameron Munster
7: Daly Cherry Evans
8: Aaron Woods
9: Damien Cook
10: David Klemmer
11: Boyd Cordner
12: Tyson Frizell
13: Jake Trobevich

14: Jordan Mclean
15: Josh McGuire
16: Felise Kaufisi
17: Tyrone Peachey/Ben Hunt

TheFrog

Coach
Wonder if Meninga will take his culture induced stance on GI
Faces court in November. The matches are in October. Innocent until proven guilty. GI will retain the captaincy for the two matches in October, unless he voluntarily stands down. Which he should do.

Last edited:

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
So many players are put in suits and made to speak formally when really, they're your average bloke. He must've been driving drunk many times before he got caught.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Faces court in November. The matches are in October. Innocent until proven guilty. GI will retain the captaincy for the two matches in October, unless he voluntarily stands down. Which he should do.

He was stopping the drink from self harm.

Honestly what is there to even contest in a mid range DUI

TheFrog

Coach
He was stopping the drink from self harm.

Honestly what is there to even contest in a mid range DUI
Very little I'd think, but Papalii was selected for Australia between getting done and going to court, and only dumped after being found guilty. Which is why Greg should stand down.

Latest posts