What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australias next test win?

JJ

Immortal
Einstein, think you'll find once the Adelaide debacle is included, Sri Lanka will rightfully be #4 again... but nice for you that #4 makes you swell with such pride

ANTiLAG

First Grade
How did your series against Bagladesh go?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/series/423774.html

Pretty good - we thrashed them in the test.

It's a sad state of affairs when you are resigned to being happy that you didn't lose as heavily as someone. Only in NZ though.

Speaking of that - you do realise that the Bangas toured England and did a helluva lot better than you guys been playing.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-bangladesh-2010/engine/match/426401.html

Bangladesh > Australia at the moment. The results speak for themselves.

Batman Returns

Juniors
I reckon our World and Four Nation champion rugby league team are going to have the Aussie cricket mob knocking on their door soon: "please, please tell us how to be champions like you. What's the secret to being an elite sports team? We're the 5th best in the world; please tell us what being champions is like".....

JJ

Immortal
good that they're begiining to recognise a sad state of affairs though... close to the bone, i suspect

JJ

Immortal
I reckon our World and Four Nation champion rugby league team are going to have the Aussie cricket mob knocking on their door soon: "please, please tell us how to be champions like you. What's the secret to being an elite sports team? We're the 5th best in the world; please tell us what being champions is like".....

I reckon Benji will be more than happy to be a consultant for Cricket Australia

Batman Returns

Juniors
I reckon Benji will be more than happy to be a consultant for Cricket Australia

We call him 'Golden Boot' now...the best player in the world, captain of the World and Four Nations champions - the greatest rugby league team in the world. It's an indisputable fact.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
So AUstralia lost the Netball...

Losing the ashes again.... god its like the 3rd time.... slipping in the rankings...

Losing the league....

Lost the union....

What are they the champions in now? Aussie Rules? Kinda hollow being world champion of a sport named after the country? Although, imagine if they lost that to Ireland. Oh dear.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
We will be back eventually. Just going through a bad run. There have been some bad Australian sides over the years its just there was such a run of dominance that people tend to forget what it was like.

Ups and downs of professional sport.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Just as an FYI we can't lose the Ashes as we don't currently hold them. So failed to win the Ashes is a more accurate term.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Just as an FYI we can't lose the Ashes as we don't currently hold them. So failed to win the Ashes is a more accurate term.

Just an FYI you have won the Ashes before so either 'win back' or 'regain' the Ashes is a more appropriate term.

Also the series isn't over yet, unlikely as it is - it is possible for Australia to still win the Ashes. That is to say you are failing to win back or regain the Ashes at 0-1 down, you have not 'failed' yet and lost all possible chance yet eg 0-3 or 0-1 heading into the final match etc.

Last edited:

Batman Returns

Juniors
I reckon our World Champion & Four Nations Champion rugby league team could pad up and smash this limp Aussie team inside 3 days.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
How did this team thrash the Slack Caps just 7 months ago lol

Mate the umpiring NZ faced would have made Gatting postal. Terrible calls went against NZ. I mean look at the scorecard - Johnson and Bollinger took wickets. Plural. IN BOTH GAMES. It was a dead set farce.

Didgi

NZers care more about Australian cricket than the Aussies do. The posts speak for themselves.

Batman Returns

Juniors
NZers care more about Australian cricket than the Aussies do. The posts speak for themselves.

We are just dumb-founded that the once mighty Australian's now have X Doherty as their gun spinner and Marcus North as their captain-in-waiting. It's mind-boggling. Ponting averaging 23.33. It's unbelievable.
We are just trying to understand what's happened.

JJ

Immortal
It's just kinda cool having someone in your team whose name starts with X... pretty sure that's the thinking there

Batman Returns

Juniors
Mate the umpiring NZ faced would have made Gatting postal. Terrible calls went against NZ. I mean look at the scorecard - Johnson and Bollinger took wickets. Plural. IN BOTH GAMES. It was a dead set farce.

That's true. We were robbed in those tests.They should have played Kane too. He's the most promising batsman in world cricket at 20. A century in his debut test against India.

Usain Bolt

Bench
the Slack Caps are NZ's biggest losers. Loved listening to Radio sport the past 2 weeks, 1st the talkback was about wow how great it was to only lose the test series 1-0 to india and this past week everyone is putting the boot in for them getting smashed by india in the ODIs lol Brendan Telfer is by far the funniest radio sport host when the slack caps are losing