What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Authorities investigate medical service deal with league star Greg Inglis

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
10 pages of typical drivel and nobody has answered my question of opportunity cost.
If they hadn't paid Inglis, would AMS have the level of exposure they do now? How many Aboriginal people are now using the service because of GI's impact?

To answer that question, please provide the number of people using the service over the past 10 years by year. Provide a breakdown of the role Inglis has provided since being employed as an ambassador. I want a number of visits to the clinic, attendances at road shows, corporate fund raiser events for each of the years he has been ambassador. Also provide 3 references from senior management within the AMS with their estimates of the direct impact Inglis has had in this period of time. Once provided I will provide you my estimate of that opportunity cost.. Thanks in advance..

BunniesMan

Immortal
To answer that question, please provide the number of people using the service over the past 10 years by year. Provide a breakdown of the role Inglis has provided since being employed as an ambassador. I want a number of visits to the clinic, attendances at road shows, corporate fund raiser events for each of the years he has been ambassador. Also provide 3 references from senior management within the AMS with their estimates of the direct impact Inglis has had in this period of time. Once provided I will provide you my estimate of that opportunity cost.. Thanks in advance..

Have you lost your mind? It is not the obligation of people defending him to prove his value to this organisation. It is the obligation of those attacking him to show facts to tell us why there argument has any merit.

GI donates plenty of time and money to the needy. The fact that he gets paid in one capacity does not make him a horrible person.

Danish

Referee
Of course demanding payment for charity work makes you a horrible person BM. Only a blind fool would think otherwise

Ulysseus

Bench
Somewhat off topic - but what the f**k is with charities wanting to do a monthly debit?
It f**king shits me, either be happy to take the $50 I am offering now or GTFOmy property.
It is INCREDIBLY rude.

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
Somewhat off topic - but what the f**k is with charities wanting to do a monthly debit?
It f**king shits me, either be happy to take the $50 I am offering now or GTFOmy property.
It is INCREDIBLY rude.

Because people get to lazy to stop the debt or just purely forget about it and they can keep drawing from your account . It's kind of a scam . $50 now or $5 a week for 10 years .

Ulysseus

Bench
Because people get to lazy to stop the debt or just purely forget about it and they can keep drawing from your account . It's kind of a scam . $50 now or $5 a week for 10 years .

Good point.
That is what I like about the Salvation Army - they are just happy to take whatever you can give them.
They usually just set up a table with a couple of buckets and will happily give a receipt.
I remember in 2008 having to go through the mall in Newcastle and being accosted by some f**king charity pushing arseholes 4 days in a row.
On the fourth day I told one of them I did not appreciate it, found it unsettling and that if it happened one more time that I would react - violently.
So on Friday when one of them came bounding sideways towards me I punched him square in the jaw sending him flat on his arse.
Fairly warned.

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
Good point.
That is what I like about the Salvation Army - they are just happy to take whatever you can give them.
They usually just set up a table with a couple of buckets and will happily give a receipt.
I remember in 2008 having to go through the mall in Newcastle and being accosted by some f**king charity pushing arseholes 4 days in a row.
On the fourth day I told one of them I did not appreciate it, found it unsettling and that if it happened one more time that I would react - violently.
So on Friday when one of them came bounding sideways towards me I punched him square in the jaw sending him flat on his arse.
Fairly warned.

Salvos rock

Ulysseus

Bench
At least they are trying to help a local problem.
Everyone else wants to save the world.
I don't pretend to know all the worlds problems - but I will hazard a guess we have enough of our own problems here without trying to solve the ones abroad before them.
That's why foreign aid has always pissed me off - we give money to Islamic pushing shit holes who for the most part want us f**king dead.
Odds of receiving a solitary dollar off them if we were ever f**ked? - less than zero.

seaeagle sam

BM and Sam, stop it. GI is taking money out of a primary health care fund. I don't care if he realises it or not, he shouldn't be getting the cash from that fund.

If he cared so much about sick indigenous kids, he would do it out of the goodness of his heart, instead of taking cash which should be used for doctors, nurses, medicine and the like.

It's f**king simple.

BunniesMan

Immortal
BM and Sam, stop it. GI is taking money out of a primary health care fund. I don't care if he realises it or not, he shouldn't be getting the cash from that fund.

If he cared so much about sick indigenous kids, he would do it out of the goodness of his heart, instead of taking cash which should be used for doctors, nurses, medicine and the like.

It's f**king simple.

It's not his responsibility to audit every organisation he comes into contact with. If they spent money on marketing that was meant for anything but marketing, it is not GI's problem.

And he does plenty for indigenous kids out of the goodness of his heart. There's links in this thread about him paying for young athletes to go to Jamaica to train and for others to go to Disneyland and mentoring students at Sydney Uni.

Just because he entered into a financial arrangement with one willing charitable organisation does not mean he never donates time or money.

It's f**king simple.

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
Tim Costello gets $255,805 for running World Vision.

https://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110212170821AAINtWu

What a horrible person.

You're a dick.

Hmm

Full time employee running the show vs sports star lending his name - great comparison . If GI was the CEO of the charity for 90K I'd be the first person on your side . Until then you're clutching at straws .

If anything your point highlights just how grubby GI is taking 1/3rd of what the CEO of World Vision does .

Mr Spock!

Referee
Of course demanding payment for charity work makes you a horrible person BM. Only a blind fool would think otherwise

Bahaha some dick has deleted this post twice.

How much money does CEO Tim Costello earn?
Tim's salary including super is $255,805. This is less than the CEO salaries of many similar sized charitable organisations in Australia. Tim has also overseen $112m growth in World Vision Australia?s income since becoming CEO, and each year he donates to World Vision all the gifts and fees (up to $150,000 in value) paid to him for speaking engagements.

http://www.worldvision.com.au/AboutUs/FAQsAboutWorldVisionAustralia.aspx#397bc566-3269-424d-a9c1-258227e1f41e

What a horrible person!

You are a dick.

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
Bahaha some dick has deleted this post twice.

How much money does CEO Tim Costello earn?
Tim's salary including super is $255,805. This is less than the CEO salaries of many similar sized charitable organisations in Australia. Tim has also overseen $112m growth in World Vision Australia?s income since becoming CEO, and each year he donates to World Vision all the gifts and fees (up to $150,000 in value) paid to him for speaking engagements.

http://www.worldvision.com.au/AboutUs/FAQsAboutWorldVisionAustralia.aspx#397bc566-3269-424d-a9c1-258227e1f41e

What a horrible person!

You are a dick.

That $256K also includes a yearly car hire so you'd say his salarys closer to 250k minus super . So Greg Inglis ( from an Aboriginal charity mind you ) demands around half of the take home pay of the CEO of World Vision ?

WOW , I'd love to hear exactly what Gregs done for this charity to gouge that kind of money for them . Hopefully the media picks up on Spocks development .