What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Awards

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Since the season is over i thought i would give out some awards

Best Back - Hoffman

Best Forward - Thaiday

Rookie of the Year - Gillet

Try of the Year - Yow Yeh

Are there anymore categories we should give out?

DeeJ

Bench
Best player overall? for me that would be Parker or Thaiday.

I'd give best back to Folau personally, Hoffman was very good but I think Israel's consistency puts him ahead just.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Amazing how someone no good according to about 90% of you can be judged best back at the end of the season. :lol:

Ghoulies

Bench
Amazing how someone no good according to about 90% of you can be judged best back at the end of the season. :lol:
Don't idiots just love their bullsh*t statistics? I forsee this twat still blubbering on about this for at least another year or so. :lol:

Smiley

Bench
Paul Morgan Player of the Year: Sam Thaiday
Players' Player: Israel Folau
Clubman of the Year: Corey Parker
Play of the Year: Jharal Yow Yeh (80th min try against Rabbitohs)
Encouragement Award: Ben Hunt
Best Forward: Sam Thaiday
Best Back: Israel Folau
Most Consistent: Alex Glenn
Most Improved: Ben Te'o
Defensive Play of the Year: Ben Te'o (Hit on Joseph Tomane back in Round 10 against the Titans)
Rookie of the Year: Matt Gillett

rupeni_00

Juniors
Might seem a bit random but boy you broncos supporters are lucky. If this season has been the worst that your side has dished out in the last 18 or so years - and even then they were battling for a spot in the 8 up until the last game then I'd certainly take that over any season being thrashed week in, week out. Respect to the Broncos.

Enjoy 2011 lads, better things are still yet to come.

AuDragon

Juniors
Play of the Year: Jharal Yow Yeh (80th min try against Rabbitohs)
Encouragement Award: Ben Hunt
Most Consistent: Alex Glenn
Defensive Play of the Year: Ben Te'o (Hit on Joseph Tomane back in Round 10 against the Titans)
Can't disagree with any of you choices! :thumn

AuDragon

Juniors
Might seem a bit random but boy you broncos supporters are lucky. If this season has been the worst that your side has dished out in the last 18 or so years - and even then they were battling for a spot in the 8 up until the last game then I'd certainly take that over any season being thrashed week in, week out. Respect to the Broncos.

Enjoy 2011 lads, better things are still yet to come.
Cheers! :cool:

2011 should bring more joy, as this was clearly a rebuilding year. Just hope injuries will be kind to us, and we should be able to have a serious go at the premiership.

DeeJ

Bench
I think Corey Parker has been the most consistently good player all season. Even in our losses his workload is tremendous.

Play of the Year: Thaidays linebreak to set up Lockyer (can't remember which game)
Encouragement Award: Andrew McCullough
Most Consistent: Josh Hoffman
Defensive Play of the Year: Darren Lockyer's tackle on Trent Barrett to stop a certain try

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
A great workload can only get you so far, as corey knows by not getting picked for origin (i would have playing in origin everyday over costigan

JW

Coach
Overall - Thaiday
Back - Hoffman
Forward - Thaiday
Rookie - Gillett
Improvement - Te'o
Consistent - Hoffman

DeeJ

Bench
A great workload can only get you so far, as corey knows by not getting picked for origin (i would have playing in origin everyday over costigan

I guess I should specify, I would have Parker in most consistent over Glenn. Glenn was indeed consistent the entire season but he was more of a solid performer whereas Parker was good or better for most of the season.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Congratulations to Sam Thaiday for picking up the Dally M Award for Best second rower, Matt Gillet for Dally M rookie of the year and the Tariq Sims for NYC Dally M award shame were losing him.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Guess he wanted to follow his brother Ashton up north, I expect Korbin to leave in the next few years as well.

I don't no anything about Korbin is he as good as Tariq?

Smiley

Bench
Tariq signed with the Cowboys before Ashton did.

Also heard that we have released Clayton too.

hattori hanzo

Juniors

Mate you are a dribbler the only people here that were bagging Hoffman were the Kemp lovers and Locky#1. I've been watching and talking up Hoffman since he was 19 playing Brisbane. You have no clue

Last edited:

Latest posts