What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Away Strips

Jedda

Juniors
Best solution should be shirts and skins. Shirts worn by home team, skins by away team unless that team happens to be Parramatta cause I'd seriously barf if I had to see Piggy Riddell in his bare skin again.:p

steeden.

Juniors
Dodger said:
They can even tone down the yellow... not so much canary but more in the Eels style or something... The white and (what is more or less now) black bears no association to the club whatsover.

if they put a thin black v down the front you could pass it off as Souths-Logan.. they look so much alike..

what amazed me the most is how tacky it looked with that design in those colours. the maroon and gold isnt the best ever, but it looks half-decent. but the white and navy looked terrible.. at least link the navy panels up to the "collar"

steeden.

Juniors
Nuke said:
Does anyone here remember the old computer game 'ET's Rugby League'? That 'retro' Parra jersey reminds me of the jerseys used in that game!

yes yes yes!!! each jersey was the same design, with the club's predominant colour being the jersey with the 2nd colour being the bar across the middle!!

McCrud

Juniors
I don't see how people could argue that white isn't a Broncos 'colour' - it's been on the strip since day one, as well as the OG logo.

The problem is that 'away' strips are used too much - in the Broncos case, take the match against the Roosters, there was no need to use the 'away' strip, the home strip didn't clash at all.

Bums me out, the away strip should be used exclusively for 'clash' situations - it takes away from the game if club's can't more often use jersey's that are 'iconic'.

sharks8601

Juniors
im not a fan of the sharks away jersy
it has to much grey and white
does not represent us
i like the fact we are using the 70's jersy
that jersy best represents us

axl rose

Bench
innsaneink said:
The dogs striped heritage jersey of last week looks like its been hacked to death, a good jumper totally ruined with the blocks the numbers on, the side panels and the sponsors.

Jerseys look even worse now the NRL allow sponsors below the numbers. Bulldogs red sponsor on the back looks shocking. Same with the Raiders.

meltiger

First Grade
The Parra jersey seriously didn't look that bad. There are tons of jerseys worse than that going around.

jamesgould

Juniors
Newcastle only wore their red reversed away jersey in seven away games last year, most of which there was some sort of clash (Melbourne, Bulldogs, Cronulla, Roosters, North Queensland). Haven't worn it so far this year. I'm pretty happy with that (even though I do rate the jumper), they are not as trigger happy with it as they used to be with their white monstrosities.

meltiger

First Grade
Le KooK said:
I don't see how people could argue that white isn't a Broncos 'colour' - it's been on the strip since day one, as well as the OG logo.

The problem is that 'away' strips are used too much - in the Broncos case, take the match against the Roosters, there was no need to use the 'away' strip, the home strip didn't clash at all.

Bums me out, the away strip should be used exclusively for 'clash' situations - it takes away from the game if club's can't more often use jersey's that are 'iconic'.

Contrary to what others say though, I also don't think your jersey is that bad. I like like it, a good choice for an away/alternate/clash jersey.

jed

First Grade
innsaneink said:
Parras last nite looked great, as did the raiders jumper.
Being at the game, I wasn't too impressed with the Raiders jersey on the field, however it came up well on TV.

Parra's looked ok, but I think 4 jerseys in a season is way too many. Hopefully most teams will stick to just the main and alternate jerseys for the whole year.

Dodger said:
Saints 2 (Red V, Scarlet)

Plus:

Charity Shield jersey (if that counts)
ANZAC Day Jersey (if that counts, it'll probably just be the Red V plus a slouch hat emblem on the shoulder like last year).

ozjet1

jamesgould said:
Newcastle only wore their red reversed away jersey in seven away games last year, most of which there was some sort of clash (Melbourne, Bulldogs, Cronulla, Roosters, North Queensland). Haven't worn it so far this year. I'm pretty happy with that (even though I do rate the jumper), they are not as trigger happy with it as they used to be with their white monstrosities.
Away strips are required, I'm not disputing this. Newcastle are a great example of how it should be used. The red strip is worn not in every away match, but only in away matches where their primary (home) strip is identical or similar to their match-day opposition.

Good work Knights.

Other clubs wear alternate/away/heritage/retro strips to gouge supporters out of more cash!! The only reason Parra wore the white alternate jersey in the 1st 3 rounds this year was so supporters would see it in use, and buy it.

The NRL need to have better control of their product.

steeden.

Juniors
at least it hasnt got to the stage of Super League jerseys where they change every year... ideally imo each club would have 2 main jerseys - home and away - along with with a proper heritage one (attn: broncos - not that bs from 2003) that would be worn in heritage games.. eg maybe Broncos vs. GC.. get the titans wearing the old Giants jersey for a game!

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,21542046-23214,00.html
Broncos estranged at Suncorp

BRISBANE Broncos coach Wayne Bennett and his troops have been banished to the team bus to travel to their own home soil tomorrow night.

The Gold Coast Titans, awaiting the completion of their stadium at Robina, have the home-ground rights for the round-five clash at Suncorp Stadium.

As a result the National Rugby League's newest franchise retains the rights to the home-ground change rooms, corporate and season-ticketholder facilities and the coveted undercover car parking within the bowels of the 43,000-seat stadium.

For the first time in more than a decade, Bennett's men will run on to their beloved home turf as foreigners.

"It's going to be fairly strange, that's for sure," hooker Shaun Berrigan said this week.

"I'm not sure if we get a car park any more. Being the away team we have to catch the bus there."

Berrigan's prediction is spot on. With the invading Titans due to take over "the Cauldron", the "visiting" Broncos will catch a team bus from their Red Hill base tomorrow afternoon -- assemble in the away sheds and take to the field in the team's predominantly white away strip.

It will also be the first time the Broncos surrender their home dressing rooms, which had a plush refit in 2003.

The Titans home kit is blue and white with a bit of gold.
The Broncos away kit is white and blue.

This is just a crazy thought but wouldn't it make more sense if the Broncos wore their home strip? You know, the maroon+gold one that would actually not clash with the Titans colours. Talk about ridiculous...

thickos

First Grade
Yes but there is very little dark blue in the Broncos' away strip. So basically it will be predominantly aqua blue vs predominantly white, won't be a problem.

hrundi99

First Grade
ozjet1 said:
Away strips are required, I'm not disputing this. Newcastle are a great example of how it should be used. The red strip is worn not in every away match, but only in away matches where their primary (home) strip is identical or similar to their match-day opposition.

Good work Knights.

Other clubs wear alternate/away/heritage/retro strips to gouge supporters out of more cash!! The only reason Parra wore the white alternate jersey in the 1st 3 rounds this year was so supporters would see it in use, and buy it.

The NRL gain revenue from all licensed merch sales.

Why would they want to "better control" things?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Lockyer4President! said:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,21542046-23214,00.html

The Titans home kit is blue and white with a bit of gold.
The Broncos away kit is white and blue.

This is just a crazy thought but wouldn't it make more sense if the Broncos wore their home strip? You know, the maroon+gold one that would actually not clash with the Titans colours. Talk about ridiculous...
You call that blue? :lol:

Carroll%2cT%207032531_223853_p.jpg
Amos%2cC%207031839%20G_267720_p.jpg

Could've fooled me :)

EDIT: Side by side comparison... no clash.

perverse

Referee
ozjet1 said:

Good work Knights.

and thank god we've got it right too.. i've always hated our away jerseys.. terrible stuff.