What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Away Strips

Raider Azz

Bench
MC84 said:
Worst jersey going around:

img6536.jpg

Nuf said...
i know im in the minority here but i actually like that jersey. nice and simple. too many RL jerseys try to be too complicated in design and end up looking like a dogs breakfast.

jerseys like the titans home and away and the raiders home and away are easily the best IMO for the reasons stated above.

ozjet1

Lockyer4President! said:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,21542046-23214,00.html

The Titans home kit is blue and white with a bit of gold.
The Broncos away kit is white and blue.

This is just a crazy thought but wouldn't it make more sense if the Broncos wore their home strip? You know, the maroon+gold one that would actually not clash with the Titans colours. Talk about ridiculous...

Definately no clash or similarity between both clubs primary strips....they should both be out there in the home strip. There are more similarities between the Titans home and the Broncos Away. Broncos need to sell the jersey I suppose. :roll:

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Frankly I'm not a big fan of the 'away' or 'alternative' jerseys but it does come down to marketing, and knwoing what the buying power is.

Also, that Melbourne one is crap. I definitely like their home one with the whole purple..stuff that's awsome.

McLovin

Staff member
How much do they charge for that Melbourne away jersey??

I recon you could probably pick up a pack of 3 at Lowes for $10...

perverse

Referee
actually from a design point of view the melbourne away jersey is quite nice and minimal.. without the big f*ck-off red advertising all over the place it would look quite good. it's the ipod approach.. less is more.

i like it.

-edit fixed a typo /edit-

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Dodger said:
You call that blue? :lol:

Carroll%2cT%207032531_223853_p.jpg
Amos%2cC%207031839%20G_267720_p.jpg

Could've fooled me :)

EDIT: Side by side comparison... no clash.
The Broncos away strip is white and blue, no question.

The point is that there is no need to wear the away strip when the maroon+gold colours are easier to distinguish in the first place.

McCrud

Juniors
Lockyer4President! said:

The point is that there is no need to wear the away strip when the maroon+gold colours are easier to distinguish in the first place.

I agree.

There should be common sense. If ever there was an instance in which the 'away' team should wear 'home' colours - this should be it.

LESStar58

Referee
The Storm alternate has looked better this year and last as they've no longer got to wear those lightning bolt shorts that make 'em look like a netball outfit!

I'd love to see the gold Storm jersey make a comeback, or make a silver one as opposed to white.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Lockyer4President! said:

I'm not denying it's blue, but FFS if they go a single hue darker it will literally be BLACK. From a distance it looks black... utterly ridiculous and completely removed from club colours. Where's the maroon and yellow in ANY sense apart from the club logo? :crazy:

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Dodger said:
I'm not denying it's blue, but FFS if they go a single hue darker it will literally be BLACK. From a distance it looks black... utterly ridiculous and completely removed from club colours. Where's the maroon and yellow in ANY sense apart from the club logo? :crazy:
You're preaching to the converted. ;-)

McCrud

Juniors
Dodger said:
Oh dear.....I know something "utterly ridiculous and completely removed' from your club - can you tell me what it is Timtams?

Don't get on your high-horse preaching about the importance of 'club history' unless your club is squeaky clean in that department, and your club is certainly not of that ilk.

Blue is a part of the Broncos colourway, albeit it's addition is a little late, but it still holds significance to Brisbane (you know, the place the Broncos represent?). The blue is quite dark, much like the official colours of Brisbane (to which it represents). Unless you are keen to give me a class on colour 'toning and shading' I suggest you pipe down with the calls of 'sell out' - it might come back to haunt you...

Timmah

Staff member
I'm not preaching about the 'importance of club history', I'm not taking a shot at the club for no reason or finding an excuse - I'm merely pointing out that the 'blue' on your away strip is startlingly close to black and appears brilliantly unnecessary... was there a necessity for said blue to get darker?

FFS, going on the defensive/offensive just because I disagree with a jersey choice, relax a little! I think Lockyer4President has gotten my point... it's not an attack on the club.

steeden.

Juniors
Le KooK said:
The blue is quite dark, much like the official colours of Brisbane (to which it represents).
175px-Bcc.png

that blue is nowhere near what the broncos wear on their away jersey!

Ideally the away jersey would be white and maroon, with gold, so that it doesnt look too much like Manly's.. but if it cant be that have it something like the Lions away jersey.

Anyway, theres an article in todays Courier Mail about Ergon choosing not to renew its sponsorship after 2008, and that they would not object if Brisbane gets a new sponsor for next year instead. Towards the end of the article it says

The Broncos need to be able to stich up a new deal by June 1 so apparel sponsors Nike can get to work on the club's new jumper in time for the 2008 season

we can only hope it means a new away one.. although under the nrl's rules it seems unlikely for another 2 seasons.

Timmah

Staff member
Thank you, that's all I'm saying! If I was a Broncos fan I'd be a little unhappy with the away jersey, that's all! And it seems some are.

effnic

Bench
Dodger is manly and the doggies both wearing home jerseys on sat night? cause our away jersey would have too much white and clash with yours.

Timmah

Staff member
Home jersey each side as far as I know.. we only wear different jerseys at Brookie - our predominantly blue away jersey for some reason.