What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B.green Unwanted

Redback71

First Grade
hope jamie dosent do another walker or that would mean another potential star lost cause of him like tonga

MC

Juniors
It's true.

He also seeked a release this year to get a start at Melbourne.

Saints are chasing him

wittyz chick

Coach
MC said:
It's true.

He also seeked a release this year to get a start at Melbourne.

Saints are chasing him

I wouldn't have minded that I know he'd get a spot at Melbourne ... but not now ... :( Good Luck Blake!

greena

Juniors
Blake Green plays a similar game to Tim Smith, and is just as slow.

Parra need a half or 5/8 that has pace and can beat a man.

There will be a massive cleanout of the lower grades

Kornstar

Coach
If we sign Lyon, i will totally understand why we are not trying harder for Green, but if we don't get Lyon and we lose Green, are we going to re-sign John Morris cause Morris aint ever going to be a top class 5/8th, he is better at hooker!!

I guess if we don't get Lyon, Hagan will bring Gidley......who i don't think is as bad as people make out. He is definitely not a half back but as a 5/8th i think he is quite good, as long as he doesn't have to organise the play and can play a roaming type of role.

Stagger eel

Staff member
2 years ago, Blake showed that he can take the game by the scruff of the neck and was the sole reason why we got as far as we did in Jersey Flegg, but for some reason he hasn't really kicked on since, whether he's been over coached or not coached enough, I'm not really sure, but he just hasn't taken that extra step.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he seemed to be much better at half, perhaps he's just being played out of position

Stagger eel

Staff member
Twizzle said:
he seemed to be much better at half, perhaps he's just being played out of position

I'm actually not so sure, because people have been telling me for a few years, including coach's within the club, that he's a five-eight, has been playing alot of halfback this year but hasn't set the world on fire.

Freak2

Juniors
eelavation said:
I'm actually not so sure, because people have been telling me for a few years, including coach's within the club, that he's a five-eight, has been playing alot of halfback this year but hasn't set the world on fire.

Coaches would have been saying he is a 5/8 knowing that 5/8 is still an available position in first grade. For mine he is a halfback, but after the debut year performance of Tim Smith they decided to mold Blake to 5/8.

Australian schoolboy captain screams success. Both as a leader / person / and Rugby League player. Would be very dissappointed to see him go without given an opportunity in first grade.

Again it smells like the same old clubs not caring about the anti tampering laws. I'm sure the Roosters would be in the mix as well!!:roll:

Stagger eel

Staff member
Freak2 said:
Coaches would have been saying he is a 5/8 knowing that 5/8 is still an available position in first grade. For mine he is a halfback, but after the debut year performance of Tim Smith they decided to mold Blake to 5/8.

Australian schoolboy captain screams success. Both as a leader / person / and Rugby League player. Would be very dissappointed to see him go without given an opportunity in first grade.

Again it smells like the same old clubs not caring about the anti tampering laws. I'm sure the Roosters would be in the mix as well!!:roll:

Mate, you and I both know that there's no such thing as anti tampering law but I would be shocked and horrified if the Roosters sign Blake considering that they have Brett Finch, Jamie Soward, Mitchel Pearce and Josh Lewis in their books.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I think he has been playing quite well. He isn't as selfish as he once was, so to some he looks like he isn't playing well. It's the things that you do without the ball that matter sometimes.

Kornstar

Coach
I think he has been very good this year, he has been able to take a back seat, something he hasn't been able to do for 2 years.......i think he has been able to pick his moments and most of the time they have come off well.

I would have liked to have seen him given a go with Timmy at some stage in Firsts, however the current environment in Firsts is not ideal for any half, especially not a 19 year old......

Freak2

Juniors
eelavation said:
Mate, you and I both know that there's no such thing as anti tampering law but I would be shocked and horrified if the Roosters sign Blake considering that they have Brett Finch, Jamie Soward, Mitchel Pearce and Josh Lewis in their books.

I thought the same when LeStrange went there!

Another Schoolboy Captain

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
and now Heath is struggling for a firstgrade spot

Come back to Parra Heaf-fey!