What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BACK THE %^# OFF!!!

Chook

First Grade
dodge said:
Oh how rich it is coming from the mouth of a Rooster.

Instead of demanding the alleged rapists come forward, how about we let the police do their thing and see what the real story is instead of believing everything the media forcefeeds you?

Of course blame the media. Nothing is ever wrong with your club is there?

And I never called them rapists, you did. I asked that the players responsible for this mess, and they know who they are, to step forward like men they claim to be and take the heat. If they are proven innocent it won’t matter who they are will it? But to hide in the shadows is a cowards act.

Instead of believing in a festering culture, how about sitting back and waiting for the verdict.

Instead of attacking their dress sense, get over yourself, realise that going to a police interview isn't a fashion show (I've seen people dressed a lot worse).

It’s all about respect and your players have none for anyone but themselves.

Instead of making your typical blanket statements saying no player in our club has respect for it, actually look at the facts and bother to use words like minority and alleged? On the topic of respecting clubs, why should we respect your club trying to tip the scales of the game heavily in it's own favour in light of the recent salary cap issues your club has put forward? Put simply, it was an attempt to get more premierships at the expense of the other 14 teams. Sad.

Says Mr Pot to Mr Kettle! What was your club’s cheating aimed at?

Instead of going off the deep end and wanting to saddistically cause physical pain to the innocent players, innocent administrators, innocent cheergirls, trainers, strappers, and the NON-VIOLENT FANS (if you'll recall, we haven't been under the hammer for hooligan behaviour since the brisbane game almost 2 yrs ago), why don't you look at the facts, wake up, and realise that you have become a bitter person who has allowed the media to manipulate everything he believes about anything but his own interests.
You are disgusting mate, and as much as I dislike your team, I won't sink to your level.

Your club has already sunk to all new levels mate, in case you hadn’t noticed.

If you want to bury your head up your arse to ignore what your club has wrought on our code in the hope that others will also, forget it. Your clubs’ history is replete with instances damaging to our game that cannot be ignored!

Chook.

doctor death

Juniors
Point is - there seems to be an attitude problem. The best approach is to be full and fank with the police - not arrange stories and try to speak like bloody lawyers.

Whoever advises the Bulldogs is an idiot. They're just causing more damage. If it's the management, then get out the broom. Clean em out.

bartman

Immortal
Yopu've got to admit the whole "truth session" and identical written staements through lawyers (except El Masri) suggested a club administration that seemed more scared of full cooperation with police, than one that was actively seeking to cooperate? There's a big difference between active and passive cooperation.

Regardless of the final outcomes, the above process the club adopted in terms of the investigation probably did more damage over time than the actuall allegation itself imo, and is responsible for it dragging out longer. That and all of the bleating in the media by club representatives like Turvey, Price and Peponis....

And then we have to hear fans (understandably disappointed, concerned etc) asking for the club to be left alone? Give me a break! If the club admin really wanted to be left alone, it would have done things very differently after the allegation surfaced. As people are saying, grit your teeth and bare it, but Dodge don't start threads asking to then be left alone?

Dragon Fanatic

Juniors
Ill tell you who I feel sorry for the most. Steve Mortimer.
When he told his players to dress formaly to the police station, only one i saw (Braith Anasta) was dressed in a suit and tie. The rest were dressed in shorts, T shirts and thongs. He stated he was gutted, it really made me think of the poor old bugger who just tried to help out the club he loved. The players have to wake up to themselves and if I was Turvy I would be instilling respect and professionalism into the team by making an example of a few players and throwing them out even if it means a sub par performance on the field. Go on Turvy. Stand up and be counted.

Grantwhy

Juniors
He didn't say formaly, but dress smart casual.

Unfortunatly most of them turned up as less than that.

Kaz

junior
Dragon Fanatic said:
Ill tell you who I feel sorry for the most. Steve Mortimer.
When he told his players to dress formaly to the police station, only one i saw (Braith Anasta) was dressed in a suit and tie.

Because he was going to the NRL function later on.

Grantwhy

Juniors
But apparently the NRL players that went to the function were not in suits and ties (it was to be a little less casual than that).

knightmair

Juniors
dodge said:
I'm sorry, what do I sow? I'm a fan sitting here, who has had nothing but faith in the club despite it's misgivings. Yet I'm being punished for... believing in something? Remind me next time, maybe I should give up God.

Mate, the media did not put you in this situation, your players did.
If those players are found guilty...what will you say then??????
Will you still support those players?

knightmair

Juniors
dodge said:
I'm sorry, what do I sow? I'm a fan sitting here, who has had nothing but faith in the club despite it's misgivings. Yet I'm being punished for... believing in something? Remind me next time, maybe I should give up God.

Mate, the media did not put you in this situation, your players did.
If those players are found guilty...what will you say then??????
Will you still support those players?