What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad Blood - The Real Rivalries

OVP

Coach
dodge said:
No, it's called laughing at unwarranted arrogance. You have one success against 3 failures to crow about.

The only failure was 2004. We should have towelled you. But we totally choked ... i dont have any problem admitting that. 2003 ... Penrith DESERVED to win, they were too good. You werent, we choked.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
2000 - failure
2002 - success*
2003 - failure
2004 - failure

* - designed to stir you right up :D

RABK

Referee
dodge said:
BBSF // Dilmah

I didn't know about this one, have they been at it somewhere?

Sharks fans // The word premiership
BBSF // Croydon Dog Food
Gene Krupa // Sharks forum
Sharks forum // Trolls
EA // Anyone he set's his eyes on
Sanity // Covell Brigade

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Red and Blue Knight said:
I didn't know about this one, have they been at it somewhere?

Sharks fans // The word premiership
BBSF // Croydon Dog Food
Gene Krupa // Sharks forum
Sharks forum // Trolls
EA // Anyone he set's his eyes on
Sanity // Covell Brigade

Just the whole "Tom" thing.

girvie

Staff member
dodge said:
In my time as a footy supporter, particularly on these forums - I've noticed the very obvious and the very not so obvious rivalries between clubs and their fans. The biggest? That's what I'm trying to suss out.

IMO, the big ones:

Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs // Parramatta Eels

Newcastle Knights // Brisbane Broncos

Wests Tigers // Canberra Raiders

St George Illawarra Dragons // Cronulla Sutherland Sharks

Sydney Roosters // Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs

Sydney Roosters // South Sydney Rabbitohs

North Sydney Bears // NRL

Any other prominent ones, maybe one I've just blatantly forgotten? Fans of the above clubs go at it frequently, it's interesting.

Central Coast Bears and Gold Coast Dolphins was big. Bears and Manly always.

Raider_69

Post Whore
tiger_nick said:
Oh is this about fans?

Personally I have nothing against Canberra fans. Its hard to hate people you finished 13 places in front of.
89 still burns doesn't it?
Chikka and Jacko will haunt your memories long after the euphoria of this seasons premiership wears off

Wests Tigers // Canberra Raiders
bluesbreaker, RABK // Raider_69, Kiwi, Charlie Saab
Dragons // Sharks
EA // AFL Cronies
Raiders fans // Brett Finch
Entire NRL // Brett Finch
Broncos and Raiders // Knights and Parra (both should realistical dislike each other but tend to band together here)

one's from the FFB:
Half, TH, Nibbs and Co // Raider_69, Madunit and co
Alba // Amanda Flynn

Wests Tigers and Manly.

Not just because of the old Magpie rivalry, because they took Buddah and finished his career and gave that vermin Hoppa another chance.

Kiwi

First Grade
Red and Blue Knight said:
Dodge // El Diablo
RABK // Kiwi
Bluesbreaker // Raider 69
EA // Ozhawk66
JW/ International AFL

Them there's fighting words

tiger_nick

Bench
Raider_69 said:
89 still burns doesn't it?
Chikka and Jacko will haunt your memories long after the euphoria of this seasons premiership wears off

Ahh the old '89 response. The only one Canberra have. Yep I was devastated after 89, I cried. No trouble admitting it. Did I hate Canberra for it, no way. I hate Terry Lamb for what he did in 88. Canberra won fair and square, if they had done something unsavoury during the game to achieve this then yes I probably would have hated them. But I can't hate a team for just beating us.

And the Grand Final win this year MORE then erased the hurt of 1989, that I can promise you. It actually made it sweeter. You probably wouldnt understad since its been over a decade since Canberra won and will be well over a decade until they get anywhere another one.