What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad Blood - The Real Rivalries

innsaneink

Referee
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
Wests Tigers and Manly.

Not just because of the old Magpie rivalry, because they took Buddah and finished his career and gave that vermin Hoppa another chance.

I really wish they would take these games to Cambo.....Wests Tigers have never played these tinted woofters out there, not that weve had probs with em at LO, I just think a game between us at Cambo would definitely be one not for the faint hearted.

Longer for them to contemplate their hiding on their way home also.

innsaneink

Referee
tiger_nick said:
Ahh the old '89 response. The only one Canberra have. Yep I was devastated after 89, I cried. No trouble admitting it. Did I hate Canberra for it, no way. I hate Terry Lamb for what he did in 88. Canberra won fair and square, if they had done something unsavoury during the game to achieve this then yes I probably would have hated them. But I can't hate a team for just beating us.

And the Grand Final win this year MORE then erased the hurt of 1989, that I can promise you. It actually made it sweeter. You probably wouldnt understad since its been over a decade since Canberra won and will be well over a decade until they get anywhere another one.

After not really caring who won at the time, (I was going for balmain as they were the sydney team_) and finally seeing it again on Fox last year and taping 89, and watching it again.,.....This game really is a case of one team losing, more thananother winning it imo.
Classic case of the Tiges playing the clock, defending their lead.
Actually is a good tool for jnr coaches, shows what can happen when you dont play (attack) the entire 80.

Avenger

Immortal
In order

Parra v Canterbury

St George v Cronulla

Parra v Saints

Saints v Canterbury

Parra v Manly

nqboy

First Grade
MIght I put in the Cowboys v Broncos. Guess it doesn't mean much to you southerners, but it's big up here.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Avenger said:
In order

Parra v Canterbury

St George v Cronulla

Parra v Saints

Saints v Canterbury

Parra v Manly

Saints v Canterbury?

:|

Timmah

Staff member
nqboy said:
MIght I put in the Cowboys v Broncos. Guess it doesn't mean much to you southerners, but it's big up here.

I knew I'd forgotten a big one.

Timmah

Staff member
Charlie Saab said:
definately
There is no love lost between those 2 teams whatsoever.

My best mates and my girl are all Dragons supporters... got nothing all that rivalrous (sic) between us. Used to hate 'em long ago but I dunno, I think it's one that's dissipated over time.

Timmah

Staff member
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
um no me n dilma r mates
dont no where ur getting this from
tell him dil

Whatever you say 'Tom' :D

Mr Saab

Referee
dodge said:
My best mates and my girl are all Dragons supporters... got nothing all that rivalrous (sic) between us. Used to hate 'em long ago but I dunno, I think it's one that's dissipated over time.

perhaps because the dogs and dragons have not played a big game for a while. Still, the rivalry is there...stems from 1979 and again in 1985.

shadow grinder

First Grade
alot of dragon fans seem to hold some bad bloody towards storm.....and there is always a sense of rivalry when we play them.

Timmah

Staff member
shadow grinder said:
alot of dragon fans seem to hold some bad bloody towards storm.....and there is always a sense of rivalry when we play them.

I'd agree with that one - after 1999 GF and 2000 R5 for sure.

Timmah

Staff member
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
cronulla vs warriors
ive still got a bad taste in my mouth from when they beat us in 02

1. I thought you went for the Tigers, or Parramatta? I can't keep up lotti.

2. We're talking about real rivalries. Cronulla only have one - Saints. Shut up.

innsaneink

Referee
dodge said:
1. I thought you went for the Tigers, or Parramatta? I can't keep up lotti.

2. We're talking about real rivalries. Cronulla only have one - Saints. Shut up.

No...Cronulla have Manly too.............

Latest posts