What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad news about Russian RL?

ruggabugga

Juniors
wHERE DO YOU GET THE IDEA THAT IRELAND IS AN EMERGING lEAGUE nation. I can't find one relative back home that even knows that a game called league exists. :roll: :roll: Rugby, Celtic Football, Hurling and Soccer they know but League is just an abbreviation of Premier League (soccer) to them. :(

screeny

Bench
The local league has enjoyed its largest growth spurt since coming into being. 2005 wil see 18-clubs playing RL. Look on the Ireland RL website (easy to find on most link pages) for more info.......

No one said it's challenging Gaelic football, but it is enjoying growth.

ruggabugga

Juniors
Only idiot foreigners believe Irish nationals. I see we have found another idiot. Chain him up, we can manipulate the fool for our own purpose...he could even be used to demonstrate the folly of blowing up Pommie buses....You often burn your lips on the exhaust pipe. 8) . Struth even the obvious goes over this dumbwits head. League in Ireland in 2005....try 2525 (if woman can survive) :D

iggy plop

First Grade
ruggabugga said:
Only idiot foreigners believe Irish nationals. I see we have found another idiot. Chain him up, we can manipulate the fool for our own purpose...he could even be used to demonstrate the folly of blowing up Pommie buses....You often burn your lips on the exhaust pipe. 8) . Struth even the obvious goes over this dumbwits head. League in Ireland in 2005....try 2525 (if woman can survive) :D

Why don't you head over to TFC wanker? You'd go well over there. :lol:

Ruggabuggery ](*,)

taipan

Referee
ruggabugga said:

One scrum too many methinks,or John O'neills former speech writer. :roll:

Two conferences in Ireland as per rugby league world July 2004 edition,written by journalist Dermot Cousins
LEINSTER
Clontarf
Dublin Blues
Kildare dragons
Dubline City exiles
East Coast eagles
Churchtown warriors
Clontarf were leading the comp at that stage.

MUNSTER
Treaty City Titans
Kilkenny Wildcats
Waterford Vikings
Kerry Kings
Cork Bulls
Treaty City Titans leading their conference
Listed with their positions on the respective tables and the round 3 results
and future fixtures.
As an example Clontarf defeated Dublin Blues 34-30 at Stradbrook .
Of course according to the world of ruggabuuga it dont exist.One of your best old son :lol: :lol:

joshreading

Staff member
There will be the three conferences this year as well. There is no reason we might not see up to thirty teams in 2006.

YANTO

Juniors
Just heard from a very reliable source in Eastern Europe that the Russians MAY be dropping the Victory Cup Tournament in 2005 in favour of a sevens competition.
The Victory Cup ,though not without its problems , was becoming an established event.
Shame if they have to discard it.

carlnz

Bench
YANTO said:
Just heard from a very reliable source in Eastern Europe that the Russians MAY be dropping the Victory Cup Tournament in 2005 in favour of a sevens competition.
The Victory Cup ,though not without its problems , was becoming an established event.
Shame if they have to discard it.

That would be correct, as I have not heard anything from NZRL about a tam going to Russia this year (apart from the U16 for the World Cup) Last year it was the NZDF, and I can confirm they are not going this year..

hgfds

Juniors
rlr reported that russia had offered to host this years international 7s,could be a good move for eastern europe as ukraine and some of the former soviet replubics should be there.

Atticus Finch

Juniors
Don't worry about Russia. They did okay for years without anybody in the west giving a &^%$. This is just a bit of political posturing on all sides. It will work itself out.