What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bangladesh in NZ

JJ

Immortal
Before you're lauding Munro you might want to see some domestic cricket, he's ok but there are justifiably a lot of questions

Iafeta

Referee
Has a first class record that stacks up against anyone's. For a bloke who's always positioned in a role to be purely a slugger he has done his job at international level but still cops it sweet on here relentlessly. I'm sure there was some "fluke" element to what he did yesterday?

Meth

Staff member
Yeah, I was relieved to see that innings from Munro. Relieved to see him kick on and post a big total- not just look assured for a quick fire 20-30.

JJ

Immortal
Has a first class record that stacks up against anyone's. For a bloke who's always positioned in a role to be purely a slugger he has done his job at international level but still cops it sweet on here relentlessly. I'm sure there was some "fluke" element to what he did yesterday?
Not at all, he's excelled against these guys before

As I said earlier I'd like to see him given a run at #4 while Taylor is out

I've seen plenty of him, and am convinced he can do an ODI and 20:20 job, but also convinced quality bowling will sort him out in ODIs and he's got a lot of adjustments to make before he's a test option. Let's hope he can score some runs against the better attacks arriving in the new year...

Meth

Staff member
Not sure he's a #4. Always interested in him opening to get the innings off to a good start or coming in with 10-15 overs to spare to have a hit. That's his role. Can't see him at 4.

JJ

Immortal
4 or 5, at least while Taylor is out?

I'm kind of with Doull on the Broom selection it just doesn't make sense, once Taylor is back we'll never see him again, and Neesham was good in Aust

4. Neesham
5. Munro
6. De Grandhomme

Like you I'm just not getting Santner, he's talented but has actually done sfa in any form of senior cricket, Mark Chapman looks like a better version of the same thing

Meth

Staff member
NZ in a bit of trouble here with Guptill, Latham and Williamson gone. 64/3 after 16.3

Iafeta

Referee
The batting effort is very careless. Almost a case of she will be right, if I get out carelessly someone else will save us.

Iafeta

Referee
The rate of improvement since Williamson has taken over is enormous. Zimbabwe would love to play us at the moment. What a terrible effort.

Meth

Staff member
Williamson has a lot to answer for here. His wicket has really thrown NZ into a tailspin.

JJ

Immortal
Munro lol

Sure blame Williamson as the one decent player it's all on him, Crowe was destroyed by that pressure remember

Meth

Staff member
Remember when you merkins kept saying Williamson was Smith's superior? lolz

I did.

Smith's in a purple patch right now and Williamson's in a bit of rough patch. Williamson is bloody class though. He will come right.

Iafeta

Referee
Munro lol

Sure blame Williamson as the one decent player it's all on him, Crowe was destroyed by that pressure remember

Williamson seems hell bent at the moment of getting out softly. Similarly to Crowe, I wonder whether the pressure of captaincy is effecting his batting.

JJ

Immortal
Yeah Neesham was disappointing still like him at 6 in the test team though

Could do worse than play Broom at 5 in the tests IMO

As for Kane a quick check will confirm his batting record is better as captain, the pressure that might stifle him as with Crowe is that pretty much everyone else is shit

Latest posts