What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Banners

I was just thinking a few of the legendary banners we've had over the years. Unfortunately it's a bit of a dying art these days so it’s good to remember the favourites of yester year.

Banners like

Wayne's World
Mundine Lord of The Dance
Choc Full of Magic
Tallis Tallis Who The F@%K is Tallis
Tingha Try Master

Another classic is "Stoopid Eegles" taken to one of our SFS games against the Northern Eagles.

Most everyone assumed that Eagles had been miss-spelt on purpose but I caught the bus back with the guys who made it and they where genuinely embarrassed when someone pointed their mistake. One saying to the other "I told you it was Ea not Ee!!", "oh sh*t and we where on TV and everything".

So what are your favourite former banners?

Mighty Dragon

Juniors
SouthernSaint said:
"SAINTS BIG JOKES:

TRAITOR TALLIS

CRY-BABY STEVENS"

No, it was actually:

"SAINTS THREE JOKES:
TRAITOR TALLIS
STINKIN STEVENS
CRYBABY BROWN"

Some other good ones include...

"BARTRIM BRILLIANCE"
"FLYING RICK"
"GOLDTHORPE 7 MAGIC"
"MILLION $ COYNE"
"WATCH OUT FOR THE HITMAN HARDY"

Where have all these army legends gone...

Southernsaint

Staff member
2001_06stoopid.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

TinghaExpress

Juniors
Immortal i dont think there was one of Picture of St George emblem + Steeler emblem = Premiership trophy. Your dreaming things. But i remember one great one from 99
"Mundine is the key to the Blacklock"

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Daithi O'Conaill said:
Another classic is "Stoopid Eegles" taken to one of our SFS games against the Northern Eagles.

Most everyone assumed that Eagles had been miss-spelt on purpose but I caught the bus back with the guys who made it and they where genuinely embarrassed when someone pointed their mistake. One saying to the other "I told you it was Ea not Ee!!", "oh sh*t and we where on TV and everything".
lol. I was one of those who thought it was a clever play on words. Next you'll be telling us there's no Santa Claus.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Immortal i dont think there was one of Picture of St George emblem + Steeler emblem = Premiership trophy

Oh yes there was, if you have the tape of the '99 final against Roosters you will see it clear as day

Dragon_psa

First Grade
Immortal said:
Immortal i dont think there was one of Picture of St George emblem + Steeler emblem = Premiership trophy

Oh yes there was, if you have the tape of the '99 final against Roosters you will see it clear as day

I've still got the tape of that game - I'll have to check it out...

God-King Dean

Immortal
Hmm, my pic ain't working

Yeah, you should be able to see it, not too sure if it was at the game against Sharks as well

Mighty Dragon said:
SouthernSaint said:
"SAINTS BIG JOKES:

TRAITOR TALLIS

CRY-BABY STEVENS"

No, it was actually:

"SAINTS THREE JOKES:
TRAITOR TALLIS
STINKIN STEVENS
CRYBABY BROWN"

Some other good ones include...

"BARTRIM BRILLIANCE"
"FLYING RICK"
"GOLDTHORPE 7 MAGIC"
"MILLION $ COYNE"
"WATCH OUT FOR THE HITMAN HARDY"

Where have all these army legends gone...

I'd say most of them are stored away in people's garages.

Nothing wrong with bringing them to games these days, Man U supporters still sing songs about Cantona and Best, Liverpool about Shankley ect... creates a nice fan culture.

A few oldies where brought out for the Return to Kogarah game. Including the great "St George Forever" (with Batman Forever Symbol), which I believe was made in the Easts merger days.

Mighty Dragon

Juniors
"St George Forever" also was at the SCG game in 04 vs Souths.

I just wish the army would return to the great days of the mid 90's... :(

It's a generational thing.

What we need to do is adopt the Iranian model. During the war of attrition with Iraq the leaders of Iran urged their people to have kids and plenty of them to throw them into the fight. lol well the war promptly ended when all these purpose built babes where 4-5 years old. Subsequently something like 60% of the Iranian population is under 20.

Anyway, that's what needs to be done. All Saints fanatics should have as many kids as is humanly possible so in 16 years, we should have a bumper army.

Or is this to Burrow-esque?

Latest posts