What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barba the merkin

byrner

Juniors
I tjought he handled himself well. Was a tough question and he was honest.
His kids will be in qld, so thats where he wants to be.
And the smirk on his face is a nervous reaction some people get when they feel uncomfortable.

Tipster

Bench
Barba just using family as an excuse to get bigger $$$$ in Brisbane. Where was his concern for his family when he was on the piss?

TheVelourFog

First Grade
thought he handled it ok in that clip. No use him lying about it when everybody knows anyway. Any team would take him in a heartbeat.

Feej

First Grade
I'd like to see the Bulldogs dig their heels in a deny his request, even if it forces him to sit out a season or two. Getting sick of all this moving around "for personal reasons".

ek999

First Grade
If we can get a suitable replacement from somewhere else, and aren't forced to play some nuffy or someone out of position, then I will be happy to let him go. Otherwise he can keep playing for us until his contract is over. Same goes for Milford or anyone else that wants to leave their club. The club your leaving shouldn't be left in a worse position because you don't want to fulfill your contract.

On the interview itself, I didn't have a problem with it. He spoke the truth about what he wanted to do. The look on his face and the way he talks is always how he is in interviews.

broncos2010

Juniors
I don't care what any of you haters on here say I want him at my club he is a match winner and one of the best players in the game.

Come on down Barba :cool::cool:

Snappy

Coach
It's disgusting how he treats the mother of his kids.

First of all he should have done the right thing and married her. They have 2 kids ffs and he's 24 making plenty of $. But that's just my opinion.

Anyway he gets a lil bit of fame and decides to get it on with other women and leaves the poor girl. He then turns up at the first game of the season and pre-game he walks through ANZ Stadium with a new tart on his arm with cameras all on him. This is while he's still living with his ex. Show some f**kin respect to the woman who gave birth to your kids you lil merkin. You just took 4 weeks off and went to some rehab clinic to sort out your life cos you're supposedly depressed due to breaking up with your baby mama. Then you pull that shit. And apparently he posted a pic of that girl and him online prior to that which really hurt his ex. Dick.

Then he derails the Dog's season and now Brisbane (surprise surprise) are set to benefit from him breaking his baby mama's heart.

I hate this guy. Did it ever occur to him that his ex is trying to get away from him.

Pretty hard to marry a girl after she breaks up with you. You should stop reading gossip mags.

GONZO72

Juniors
In watching over 30 years of rugby league, I have never seen such a public display of destain from a player.

Up until last night, bulldog fans were clinging to the hope that Barba would remain at belmore, despite rumours to the contrary. Normally players would pussyfoot around that type of question.......give us a cliche.

Ben Barba wants nothing to do with Canterbury. He wants out of the toxic environment that now surrounds the once famous family club. Bulldog fans must feel totally gutted. Their dally m player of the year, and still their most potent player, has turned his back on the club that gave him his chance in the NRL.

So Barba is gone, who will replace him ? The dogs, even allowing for the fact that they have pilfered over 20 players from other clubs since 2009, will still have 2 million left in their salary cap.

It was a sad night for all bulldog supporters. Unfortunately 2014 can't come any quicker......or can it ?

Snappy

Coach
:lol: stop trying to sound like you care about dogs fans feelings. You rag the dogs at every opportunity.

Valheru

Coach
I feel his claims for compassionate grounds are way more valid than Milford’s to be honest. Barba has his kids moving to QLD and there is nothing he can do about it. I am not saying he isn’t an idiot but who can blame him for wanting to follow them.

Milford on the other hand has a sick father who by all reports is doing well. Yes he lives in QLD but the Raiders have offered him the opportunity to incorporate trips to QLD during the season.