What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barba to Broncos

Dogs Of War

Coach
So it's official now? I feel good about this now, finally we sign a superstar. All we need now is a 5/8th for next year.

Feel bad for Bulldogs fans since they developed him and helped Barba as best they could this year with all his dramas. Hopefully the get Ferguson or Folau. From what I recall Ferguson played fullback on occasion for the Sharks or you could keep J.Morris there.

I don't want to see Ferguson at the Dogs, but I would like Folau, and given he hasn't signed a contract with the ARU yet, I feel we must be in the ball park for his return to the NRL.

Scotty03

Juniors
They could always play Barba in the halves and keep Hoffman at fullback?

Barba started in the halves and was named U20s team of the year a few years back wasn't he?

Moffo

Referee
Barba can go party with the other ferals in QLD now. Hit the town with Jamal, third man, Nate Dogg Myles and all the other bogans up there....he'll fit in well

Dogs Of War

Coach
They could always play Barba in the halves and keep Hoffman at fullback?

Barba started in the halves and was named U20s team of the year a few years back wasn't he?

The Bulldogs played Barba in the halves in NSW Cup. He played very much for himself rather than the team and the attack looked very pedestrian. Broncos can try it out for a laugh if they want.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
depenning on whether milford gets a release you'll see barba or hoffman in the 1 and 6 depending who gets what position. prince and wallace are both gone leaving us with just ben hunt for the 7. i think hoffman played a lot of 5/8 as a kid and he put his hand up for locky's spot a few years ago

and i cant see either being worse defenders than prince. good to see barba hasnt profited from his move north - would have been a travesty if he'd been able to massively profit from his release on compassionate grounds

Country Bronco

Juniors
Dear Moffo.
Sorry to upset you. I promise I'll never lie again. Nsw sucks dog turds. See I'm a man of my word now.
Kind regards
Ben.

DeeJ

Bench
I hope Josh Hoffman kills it at fullback for the kiwis at the World Cup....

Why would that influence Brisbane's decision? Everyone can see when Hoffman has the ball in the opposition 20 he has no idea. He just runs across the field feigning to pass before taking the tackle. He has no playmaking skills and Brisbane would benefit greater from someone who can kick and pass at the back.

Last edited:

Mr Saab

Referee
Brisbane should give the Doggies Maranta....he would make a great fullback. I heard he once ran mid 11s for the 100 back in the day

MatthewA

Juniors
Not surprised but upset at loosing such a good player. You have rocks in your head if you're a Bulldogs fan and aren't upset as loosing such a talent.

But we all know his circumstances and I'm glad we gave him the release so he (and his dramas) can leave the club. Now we can focus on moving forward which will only be better for us in the long run.

Thanks for the memories, Ben.

unbreaK

Juniors
Not surprised but upset at loosing such a good player. You have rocks in your head if you're a Bulldogs fan and aren't upset as loosing such a talent.

But we all know his circumstances and I'm glad we gave him the release so he (and his dramas) can leave the club. Now we can focus on moving forward which will only be better for us in the long run.

Thanks for the memories, Ben.

What do you mean by loosing? As in.. not tight? I guess that makes sense, the Bulldogs were a tight bunch of friends, now they'll be loose because Ben is leaving.

Latest posts