What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barrett for aus 5/8

Lenny_2212

Juniors
barrett is sh*tting on lockyer atm, but lockyer wont be dropped.

with johns out, 6. lockyer 7. barrett.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Lockyer will not be dropped! He is the Australian captain! Johns has not captained for 2 years! Lockyer will be at 6. Minichello and I absoultely HATE him was the player of the series in State of Origin so you can't drop him either! Look there are going to be players missing out that don't deserve to such as Hodgson, Cooper (starting side, will be in the squad though), Barrett, Prince (I know they will go with that rubbish player from the Sharks.....KIMMORLEY:x), Bailey (bench maybe but is behind Civonoceva, Price, Ryles/Bailey- one of those 2 will get the bench spot). Look my point is that it is not ONLY Barrett who will miss out!

Kiwi

First Grade
Razor said:
Johns is the captain. He hasn't captained a test since then because he's been INJURED. Get that, INJURED. He hasn't played a test since then. You drop off this Lockyer campaign. You didn't respond to me before. If you say if you miss a test through injury, then you lose the Australian captaincy, Lockyer should not be captain, because he did miss 2 tests last year when Buderus took over. So using your "Miss a test your replacement is captain" theory why didn't you say Buderus should have stayed captain for the Tri-series final? (Of course Buderus missed the ANZAC test with injury so using your theory again Lockyer takes over once more, but I didn't hear a word out of you for the tri-series final)

I'm not biased, you are. I was the one who said after Fittler retired that Johns should not be named captain, Webcke should be (But said Johns was a better choice than Lockyer and Tallis). I bet you wanted a Bronco to be captain, so you can't claim no bias.

If Johns was the captain like you say, then why is he putting ESL over a test? Some captain. He shouldn't be captain on those grounds alone.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Kiwi said:
If Johns was the captain like you say, then why is he putting ESL over a test? Some captain. He shouldn't be captain on those grounds alone.

Agreed!

Red Bear

Referee
Minichello
King
Gasnier
Cooper
Grothe
Lockyer
Johns
Baily
Buderus
Price
Hindmarsh
Fitzgibbon
Barrett

Wing
Kennedy
Ryles
O'Meley

gregstar

Referee
barrett's selection is in the hands of the dragons.
if they win the comp, he'll make the squad.
if lockyer is injured, he'll make the team.
if johns withdraws, he'll play half.

i seriously doubt he'll make it.

Grail

Juniors
GoTheBears said:
Minichello
King
Gasnier
Cooper
Grothe
Lockyer
Johns
Baily
Buderus
Price
Hindmarsh
Fitzgibbon
Barrett

Wing
Kennedy
Ryles
O'Meley

O'Meley should not be anywhere near the team. And as we've seen in the past, selectors like to keep combinations from clubs if they can. What bet we'll see Gasnier/Best on one side?

Godz Illa

Coach
gregstar said:
barrett's selection is in the hands of the dragons.
if they win the comp, he'll make the squad.

i seriously doubt he'll make it.
Putting two and two together - you seriously doubt the Dragons will win the comp.

That true greg?

gregstar

Referee
people need to realise that bennett will desire the services of carrol, berrigan & possibly thorn.

he is a believer in incumbency

GoTheBears said:
Minichello
King
Gasnier
Cooper
Grothe
Lockyer
Johns
Baily
Buderus
Price
Hindmarsh
Fitzgibbon
Barrett

Wing
Kennedy
Ryles
O'Meley

A very likely squad. I detest that Wing will make it, but shure as sh!t he'll be there

lockyno1

Post Whore
GoTheBears said:
Minichello
King
Gasnier
Cooper
Grothe
Lockyer
Johns
Baily
Buderus
Price
Hindmarsh
Fitzgibbon
Barrett

Wing
Kennedy
Ryles
O'Meley

No chance with Bennett as coach.

Cooper- BERRIGAN
Grothe- SING (Grothe's time will come)
Barrett- KENNEDY/CARROLL
Bailey- CIVONOCEVA

Those who don't think the coach has influence are kidding themselves!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Charlie Saab said:
he will make the 25 man squad greg...regardless if they win or lose the comp
Who Barrett?

That's not what you said before. I recall you're thoughts were that Barrett would never wear the Green and Gold again.

You seemed pretty adamant.

lockyno1

Post Whore
GoTheBears said:
Minichello
King
Gasnier
Cooper
Grothe
Lockyer
Johns
Baily
Buderus
Price
Hindmarsh
Fitzgibbon
Barrett

Wing
Kennedy
Ryles
O'Meley

No chance with Bennett as coach.

Cooper- BERRIGAN
Grothe- SING (Grothe's time will come)
Barrett- KENNEDY/CARROLL
Bailey- CIVONOCEVA

Those who don't think the coach has influence are kidding themselves!

Mr Saab

Referee
Willow said:
Who Barrett?

That's not what you said before. I recall you're thoughts were that Barrett would never wear the Green and Gold again.

You seemed pretty adamant.

at 5/8 with a fit lockyer...yes.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Charlie Saab said:
at 5/8 with a fit lockyer...yes.
No... you said something quite different. The LU search function is your friend...

Charlie Saab said:
greg, you know its not going to happen anyway.
Barrett will have to treasure his blues jerseys as he wont see another green and gold one.
Thread: Barrett eyeing return to Test football (24May2005).

Perhaps you were trolling at the time, or did you just get it wrong?

The way Lockyer has been as of late compared to the way Barrett has been, id pick Barrett as the Australian 5/8 and im a broncos fan.

MrSharky

Juniors
Noddy WILL be the Aus Halfback... he showed why yesterday, and he'll show again on Saturday... :cool:

:cool: