What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barrett for aus 5/8

borat

Bench
If Barrett keeps his current form througth the finals and so does Lockyer,

Barrett - 5/8
Lockyer - Fullback
Mini - Wing

aussies1st

Staff member
Barrett is in too good form to not get the jumper. I would have loved to have seen how a Lockyer Johns combination would have gone though.

Barretts defence is on a par with lockyers, ......
yesterday barrett.. 14 tackles
12 mistackles

the only way he will play 5/8 is if locky is injured

Ghoulies

Bench
aussies1st said:
Barrett is in too good form to not get the jumper. I would have loved to have seen how a Lockyer Johns combination would have gone though.
So you think Barretts a cert for the no. 6?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
MrSharky said:
Noddy WILL be the Aus Halfback... he showed why yesterday, and he'll show again on Saturday...
Ahead of Johns? I don't think so.

PARANoIR

Bench
lol. If Kimmorley gets picked, its a joke. He plays one good game in ages and all of a sudden he's in the side again.

I hope Barrett gets a start somewhere, I'd like to see him play 5/8, but he can play halfback and in the centres aswell, and I have no doubt, with the size of him, he could lock the scrum.

miketyson

Juniors
dazza62 said:
Barretts defence is on a par with lockyers, ......
yesterday barrett.. 14 tackles
12 mistackles

the only way he will play 5/8 is if locky is injured

Thats a silly stat beacuse it doesent take into account that 9/10 times Barrett leads the kick chase for the Saints.. I'd love to see how many of those tackles were actually in standard defensive line..

Razor

Coach
Charlie Saab said:
really? you said that? wow....
find me a quote from you saying that on this forum!
Idiot.

This forum wasn't around back then.

Think a bit.

You were on the other forums. I remember your name

Razor

Coach
Ghoulies said:
Razor, if you can't see the difference in Lockyer missing 2 tests on just the one tour, and Andrew Johns missing 2 full tours, then there's no helping you.

Okay what's the number of consecutive tests missed before you can't reclaim the captaincy?

4? 5? 8? 10?

Razor

Coach
If Johns was the captain like you say, then why is he putting ESL over a test? Some captain. He shouldn't be captain on those grounds alone.

Well Lockyer(and Johns) were campaigning to replace Fittler as captain. Lockyer(and Johns) both pulled out of the tour. So using your theory, Lockyer shouldn't be captain either.

Mr Saab

Referee
Razor said:
This forum wasn't around back then.

Think a bit.

You were on the other forums. I remember your name

see thats where, once again, you are full of sh!t. This is the only forum i go by the name of charlie saab.

Think a bit? Anyone can say "i wanted webcke as captain of australia".....it makes you look good, but in reality it doesnt do anything for you.
I could say on these forums "I knew the dogs would make the GF in 1998...i told it to everyone"...but what proof do i have? zero

Mr Saab

Referee
Razor said:
Well Lockyer(and Johns) were campaigning to replace Fittler as captain. Lockyer(and Johns) both pulled out of the tour. So using your theory, Lockyer shouldn't be captain either.

what tour???????????? lockyer has not missed one tour in his life.
Out of a possible 28 tests he could have played since his debut he has only missed something like 2-3. And 2 of those were the tri nations of 2004.
Razor...you have absoulutely f**k all league knowledge...seriously...NONE

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
who is the form 5/8 atm, Barrett

who will Bennett pick, Lockyer

that is all

Pierced Soul

First Grade
if we picked a rep team purely on 'form' we'd have a diff team every week. Lockyer has been one of the best players consistently over the past 5 years. barrett's playing better atm, but consistency-wise locky has it all over him. i mean prince is killing them but he wont be picked ahead of johns or barrett, and hodgson is at the form that got him a blues jersey but he wont be picked ahead of mini

as for the captaincy debate...... Locky has captained australia a lot more times than johns. something like 9-2 or soemthing. i'd say that's more than a 'fill-in'. if you want to go on stupidly about the captaincy debate, in the last world cup tallis was named vice captain ahead of johns and locky. tallis then injured his neck and missed footy. when he came back, freddie had retired and there was a lot of debate over whether he or johns would be captain. now technically tallis was first in line, however johns got it. johns lastest a very short time before locky took over.

moral of the story? i'm not sure but johns is not the 'real captain'

Mr Saab

Referee
Pierced Soul said:
if we picked a rep team purely on 'form' we'd have a diff team every week. Lockyer has been one of the best players consistently over the past 5 years. barrett's playing better atm, but consistency-wise locky has it all over him. i mean prince is killing them but he wont be picked ahead of johns or barrett, and hodgson is at the form that got him a blues jersey but he wont be picked ahead of mini

exactly...but nuffy supporters dont understand this.
Instead of the 700 odd players that have played for australia we would have had over 2000 players if based on "form"....and thats not entirely what the Oz jersey is all about.

Kiwi

First Grade
Razor said:

Are you talking about the tour that only Webcke missed?

The tour that the ARL and all the players didn't want to go on untill it was made shorter? The same tour that Lockyer did go on?

Razor

Coach
Pierced Soul said:
i
in the last world cup tallis was named vice captain ahead of johns and locky. tallis then injured his neck and missed footy. when he came back, freddie had retired and there was a lot of debate over whether he or johns would be captain. now technically tallis was first in line, however johns got it. johns lastest a very short time before locky took over.

The vice-captain is never the next automatic captain in line. Very rarely does the full-time vice-captain become the full-time captain.