What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barrett - Not only a cat but a crap five-eighth

Azkatro

First Grade
Title says it all. As soon as I read Lockyer was injured for this Tri-Nations tournament I was bloody concerned - he's gotten us out of jail internationally since the Ashes in 2003.

Him and Craig Gower gave their team absolutely no organisation whatsoever. You can rant about how bad the forwards were, particularly the front row - and they were - but the Australians had zero leadership or direction out there. They were just a rabble.

But this thread is mainly a PLEASE EXPLAIN to all the dickheads who insisted Barrett should be the Australian five-eighth ahead of Lockyer :lol: :lol:

bartman

Immortal
I think you've got to through Buderus in that group as being responsible for providing organisation. They're the trio of playmakers - things looked a lot more lively when Wing was on and playing dummy half before having to be pushed out to centre.

But we haven't got a (fit) player in the halves with the class of Stacey Jones. If we did Barrett may go alright outside him (as Vagana did), but without the class around him, Barrett's definitely not our saviour. He did have a good game that time off the bench into dummy half though....

thuganomics

Coach
bartman said:
I think you've got to through Buderus in that group as being responsible for providing organisation. They're the trio of playmakers - things looked a lot more lively when Wing was on and playing dummy half before having to be pushed out to centre.

Bedsey always seems to struggle playing for Australia when under Wayne Bennett. I remember in 2002 when GB came here he got the man of the match award when Andrerson was the coach, but ever since the Ashes tour in 03 he hasn't been the same Buderus. I remember reading a article before the Tri-Nations this year that Bennett wanted Buderus to play a different role from hooker then he normally does for Newcastle, so that may be the reason.

grouch

First Grade
Azkatro said:
But this thread is mainly a PLEASE EXPLAIN to all the dickheads who insisted Barrett should be the Australian five-eighth ahead of Lockyer :lol: :lol:
His form was consistently better than Lockyer's (and all other Australian five-eighths) from the halfway point of the season onwards. He had always stood up and performed well in all representative levels, including tests. Seems logical to be perfectly honest. Sure he was poor tonight, but he wasn't alone. It seems the real dickhead is yourself.

AliN

Live Update Team
he's a real bad actor when it comes to taking a dive, that's for sure..

grouch said:
His form was consistently better than Lockyer's (and all other Australian five-eighths) from the halfway point of the season onwards. He had always stood up and performed well in all representative levels, including tests. Seems logical to be perfectly honest. Sure he was poor tonight, but he wasn't alone. It seems the real dickhead is yourself.

no mate you're the dickhead for defending someone who is a serial CHOKER(dragon). in the big games..

Front-Rower

First Grade
bartman said:

But we haven't got a (fit) player in the halves with the class of Stacey Jones. If we did Barrett may go alright outside him (as Vagana did), but without the class around him, Barrett's definitely not our saviour. He did have a good game that time off the bench into dummy half though....

Umm Scott Prince ring a bell? Without Lockyer there he would of been able to play his own game, and not just catch and pass to Lockyear or kick on the 5th.

With Gower, I think those two would make a deadly combination in the halves.

bartman

Immortal
Prince is no Stacey Jones, but may have provided something extra in an organisation role that was missing tonight. Bennett could have picked him if he'd wanted to... I think given the chance he'd be among the better options for next year instead of Lockyer, Barrett or Gower. (Or Joey to be honest - let's move forward and develop our side for the World Cup...)

simon says

First Grade
Ill tell ya one thing....Gowers passing today looked z grade,especially his left saide passing.Scotty puts em bang on the chest every time.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Special K said:
If he didn't try and take the dive for a penalty he could of stopped that try.

Dog.
Obviously an unbiased opinion? lol

He was knocked over, just one of those things.

salivor

First Grade
grouch said:

Form is temporary, class is permanent and thats why Rep sides will never be picked purely on form. The doubters pushed for Prince and he played poorly and again they pushed for Barrett and he didn't exaclty play the house down either. Rather than accept defeat they blame Lockyer for stifeling Prince, what was Barretts excuse this morning? I suppose Lockyer was sending out bad vibes from the sideline putting him off lol. Or could it be that big bad Bennetts scary appearance was giving Trent nightmares the night before the game.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Willow said:
Obviously an unbiased opinion? lol

He was knocked over, just one of those things.

Knocked over :lol: Bullsh*t, if he was knocked over then he needs to see a doctor because he obviously has something seriously wrong with him if he keeps falling over with little to no contact at all.

bartman

Immortal
salivor said:
Form is temporary, class is permanent and thats why Rep sides will never be picked purely on form.
So where was the class? Class doesn't turn up every day either...

And if the class is injured, then shouldn't it go purely on form?

gregstar

Referee
WHAT THE F*CK!!!!

barrett may not have been outstanding this morning, but who was?

so it's barrett's fault we lost?

lockyer was the worst 5/8 or shouldn't have been 5/8 & suddenly barrett shouldn't have also?

choker?

f*ck me! - how many blinders has he had for the blues? who was one of the form 5/8 at the tail end of the season?

i didn't think he should have got the job in front of lockyer but he is the second best aussie 5/8. blaming him for the loss is ignorant in the extreme.

Surandy

Bench
ParraDude_Jay said:
Knocked over :lol: Bullsh*t, if he was knocked over then he needs to see a doctor because he obviously has something seriously wrong with him if he keeps falling over with little to no contact at all.

Maybe he was talking pointers from the Socceroos vs Uruguay match?

Kelly Patrol

Juniors
Ive been saying for a while the Temora product is a hack.Ive never once seen him take a game by the scruff of the neck on his own.He only ever looked good with the likes of Johns or Fittler carrying him.f**king bum.

gregstar

Referee
Kelly Patrol said:
Ive been saying for a while the Temora product is a hack.Ive never once seen him take a game by the scruff of the neck on his own.He only ever looked good with the likes of Johns or Fittler carrying him.f**king bum.
you obviously never watched the state of origins closely.

Kelly Patrol

Juniors
Its the SOO where Johns and the like have been carrying the hack.BTW Head is the Dragons go to man not that vain bum Barret.I wouldnt have Barret at Belmore for all the money in Babylon.