What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bathurst Classic Cars...What's your all-time favourite?

Parra

Referee
It's not cars - these sort of shots from old Bathurst races are amazing. Flat out on Conrod Straight. Balls.

Ron-Toombs-1975.jpg

beave

Coach
C'mon bro. Nobody liked these cars!

I think your pic is a Group C Touring car though?

Anyway. The JPS colours would make a superute look fast.

Yeah, all the bogan V8 fan bois hated them because they were amazeballs.

Last edited:
images

Was the start of my love for japanese cars.

As said below - loads of people hated these but what a car. And who could forget Jim Richards' speech on the podium at the booing brethren

Along with the RX7's, Some earlier Japanese Cars I liked..

Mark0114Starionimage01.jpg

Loved the Starion but really loved this/these.. Think the Bluebird held the lap record for many many years after they changed the reconfig of Conrod Straight - until finally someone took it back. Anyway..

image10.jpg

nissan-bluebird-e1415152307598.png

I was & have always been huge fan of Dick Johnson. Grew up loving the Blue Oval & Bathurst. One of the best days of the year.

My old man always had V8 falcons. We’ve still got his XB Hardtop in our garage. Doesn’t move much these days but we’ll never part with her.

beave

Coach
Lol I find it funny that a lot of people associate V8’s with bogans all the time. You prefer a rice burner hey?

I prefer a car that can actually put some power down in the wet and not end up either wheel spinning or eating shit off the side of the road.

I am more into AWD and nimble Skylines, Audis, Evos, WRX (i own a 2013 with mild mods),Focus RS, VW Golfs to a heavy RWD taxi cab. Not everything is about straight line speed.

If Ford and Holden back in the early 90’d just tried to compete and develop their own shit to keep up with the Nissan GTR’s instead of acting like a bunch of sulky bitches and threatening to walk, we might have actually had better cars into the future.

Im interested at how the Mustang will go next year, the one they had yesterday looked decent enough going around the mountain.

I prefer a car that can actually put some power down in the wet and not end up either wheel spinning or eating shit off the side of the road.

I am more into AWD and nimble Skylines, Audis, Evos, WRX (i own a 2013 with mild mods),Focus RS, VW Golfs to a heavy RWD taxi cab. Not everything is about straight line speed.

If Ford and Holden back in the early 90’d just tried to compete and develop their own shit to keep up with the Nissan GTR’s instead of acting like a bunch of sulky bitches and threatening to walk, we might have actually had better cars into the future.

Im interested at how the Mustang will go next year, the one they had yesterday looked decent enough going around the mountain.
Fair enough, my daily is a Kenne Bell supercharged BF GT. The WRX, Evos etc all get me off the line but having a blown V8 is awesome fun just hard to contain off the line. Funny for a ford fan but I don’t like the Mustangs at all. I Prefer the look of the Camaros & Dodges.

beave

Coach
Fair enough, my daily is a Kenne Bell supercharged BF GT. The WRX, Evos etc all get me off the line but having a blown V8 is awesome fun just hard to contain off the line. Funny for a ford fan but I don’t like the Mustangs at all. I Prefer the look of the Camaros & Dodges.

Yeah, AWD is just superb off the line and int the wet. I owned a VS SS when I was younger and my Rex would f**king kill it side by side.

I drove a Dodge Challenger (just the RT entry level with the N/A hemi) in the states and I really liked it (they absolutley nailed the styling on the current model). It handled better than I thought but the roads around most of california where i took it weren’t exactly windy so it wasn’t really exposed to our shit roads. Would love to have a try of a scat pack or a hell cat. Its insane that dodge wont just make a RH version and bring it out here properly. It’s off the same base as the 300 so it’s not like it would be impossible to do. Even with what’s happened with the local car shit here, it surprised me they haven’t had a little crack at our market with it.

Once the current batch of new commodores are sold, the mustnags are about the only affordable V8 I can think of sold here? I’ve read the Camaros are going to be be pretty $$$$ even for the entry level ones?

I have driven the mustang and they’re okay, f**k all room in the back though so they’re not a family sedan that people need to get their head around that its a sports coupe (the challengers back seats are decent enough size wise even being a 2 door).

I can blow the Japanese cars away once I have traction at 100+ kmph lol...by then it’s all over anyhow. On slicks different story obviously, can’t run another time until I get a roll cage etc. Ran a 9.6 so need to spend more $$ to have her compliant. Too much power for the street, a Rexy or Evo would be fun as a daily as well I spose.

I’d love a hell cat, run a mid 9 off the showroom floor. Plus they look like a muscle car! Do the stock dodges have a fair bit of punch in the US?