What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battle for the Gold Coast- DT article today

Herzog

Juniors
Its amazing the rubbish being spoken after a few low crowds, we get 12k we are running dead last, playing like a bunch of cripples and even the staunchest supporter is finding it hard to support the crap dished up at this time, does that mean all the supporters have gone? No it doesnt, it just means like any supporter base that when the team is playing crap, they find it hard to go spend $100 on them.

Manly are in the top 4, and get a crowd of 6K and people want to put a team up the road of them, nobody is questioning the viability of Manly.

We get numbered by a new AFL team who has had in excess of 30mill thrown at them with a new stadium and countless free tickets, and all of a sudden it is a turf war, thats funny, for the last 12 months the AFL have denied any so called turf war, they in fact said they wanted to co-exist, now the war is apparently already won.

How come nobody mentions the fact the Swans have more people at there games then most of the Sydney clubs, yet everyone knows that AFL is a minority sport in Sydney despite that fact. Yet here we have been outdrawn for 1 game and we are already discussing wether the town can support the Titans?

FMD, the sky is falling apparently , Bad season without question, horrible, but that is football, and we are here to stay, so get f*cking used to it

I could get used to them if they changed their shitty jumpers. At the very least drop the gradients.

Perth Red

Post Whore
If the WA Reds get in do you think the WA papers will be running stories about the battle for Perth and how AFL is under threat from the NRL here? Of course not, our lack of media support for our game is a disgrace!

Brutus

Referee
I can't believe that Rothfield idiot actually went up to do a Suns v Titans comparison for a friggin Sydney paper.

Imagine what it's going to be like when GWS come in next year.

There was an article yesterday of Falonk back at his old school (Westfield Sports) trying to convert them all to AFL. He said he wanted the goal posts changed to AFL ones.

Now I know why they wanted the prick barred from Origin last year.

elbusto

Coach
I can't believe that Rothfield idiot actually went up to do a Suns v Titans comparison for a friggin Sydney paper.

There was an article yesterday of Falonk back at his old school (Westfield Sports) trying to convert them all to AFL. He said he wanted the goal posts changed to AFL ones.

Notice these buggers are never interviewed live or, if they are, they are never required to answer questions unassisted by minders. Folau is a money grabbing grub who says whatever Vlad tells him too. He is a turd.

Eelectrica

Referee

And he would have been barred had Geoff Carr not stuck his nose where it wasn't wanted.

slipperykinchela

First Grade
and you think an article on the Suns being Number one team in any part of Q'land is realistic?

I honestly think they have the chance to be number 1 on the gold coast, if they are already out drawing the Titans now, in a few years time when they will be very very competitive i think there crowds will grow.

League on the Gold Coast already has failed a number of times, already there are rumblings about the Titans financial position. The fact they also count arms and legs must sound alarm bells.With the number of expat Victorians on the Coast i think the Suns will give them a shake.

Whatever Perth team goes into the NRL will get a base of about 15,000, compare that to the huge membership bases of the eagles and Freo though and its no contest.

BDGS

Bench
If the WA Reds get in do you think the WA papers will be running stories about the battle for Perth and how AFL is under threat from the NRL here? Of course not, our lack of media support for our game is a disgrace!

This.

I honestly think they have the chance to be number 1 on the gold coast, if they are already out drawing the Titans now, in a few years time when they will be very very competitive i think there crowds will grow.

Crowds will drop, the only reason the suns crowd numbers are as high as they are now is because they in the honey mood period. They aren't even required to play all their games in the location they represent this season.