What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Baz & Marsh were both at fault, but....

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Macca_ said:
Likewise you can't know that everyone thought the otherway either.
Ummm... I never said that everyone saw things my way. You're not really making much sense there.
Macca_ said:
2 touchies, the ref and the video ref saw nothing wrong during play.
They couldn't make the call, so Mander called in the video ref who made the decision. Surely that's not hard to understand.
Macca_ said:
Yep and in their opinion there was a case to answer. Doesn't mean they are right. Plenty of people to say they got it wrong. And I do know that, I've read comments and spoken to people about it.
So? You know people who agree with you. That's nice.
The MRC charged Marsh with a high tackle. he pleaded guilty. The records that Marsh took out Barrett with a high tackle. Its a fact now, live with it.
Macca_ said:
In your opinion it does, yes.
Not just in my opinion, in the MRC's opinion. FMD, you really are in denial on this.
Macca_ said:
And imo he got it right and the match review is wrong. If you can't accept it, then that's fine with me.
Well that's a shock to the system. :lol:
Just a moment ago Y2Eel was trying to tell me:
"Stone had 1 minute to look at the footage and then come up with an answer he is under the pump for his decision right or wrong..."
Meanwhile you're still backing Stone against the entire MRC which had the whole weekend to look at the incident.
This is getting hilarious. :lol:
Macca_ said:
At what point do the judicary get reviewed. How many times do fans, media and commentators complain about the decisions of the judicary and match review commity for either missing stuff or pointing out stuff that most have no problem with.
What's that got to do with this incident? Totally irrelevant.
As I said, the MRC had the whole weekend to come up with the charges. Mick Stone had one minute.
Macca_ said:
Robert Finch doesn't have a problem with Stone, he hasn't been dropped.
You don't know if he hasn't got a problem with him but you're correct that he hasn't been dropped. At least you're starting to look at the facts a little bit.
Doesn't change the fact that the MRC charged Marsh.
Macca_ said:
Mate as I said it's going round in circles and Dragon fans and Eels fans are never going to see it the same.
Again, I don't represent all Dragons fans. If you want to be the voice of all Eels fans, perhaps you should put it to a vote first.
Macca_ said:
It's a bit like selling a house, there is only so much you can do to convince someone that they should see it your way and buy the house.
Its nothing like selling a house. LOL. I love irrelevant comparisons - please keep them coming.
Macca_ said:
There comes a point where you have to say, I've done enough, there's nothing else to gain and move on.
As you keep saying. But if I may say, you're doing a good impersonation of someone rabbiting on. lol

Macca_ said:
Willow why does he have to get out more?
#-o It was a joke Chuckles.

And one more time for the people up the back, Marsh's hit on Barrett was deemed illegal.
He was charged with making a high tackle, and he pleaded guilty to it.
Fluff it up all you like... but thems the facts.

Macca_

Coach
Willow said:
Ummm... I never said that everyone saw things my way. You're not really making much sense there.
Seems you're not the only to put words in others mouths.

Willow said:
They couldn't make the call, so Mander called in the video ref who made the decision. Surely that's not hard to understand.
Wouldn't have made a difference what call they thought. With everything that went on they were always going to go to the video ref. Surely that's not hard to understand.

Willow said:
So? You know people who agree with you. That's nice.
The MRC charged Marsh with a high tackle. he pleaded guilty. The records that Marsh took out Barrett with a high tackle. Its a fact now, live with it.
And like on other occasions, it shows that he would have recieved a week off had he challenged the 'careless high tackle'. No point taking the risk. Move on, get over and play next week is what he has done. Seems I need to as do you.

Willow said:
Not just in my opinion, in the MRC's opinion. FMD, you really are in denial on this.
It's good you have someone who has seen it your way. Plenty of others to say it is the wrong way. FMD, you really are in denial on this.

Willow said:
This is getting hilarious. :lol:
Not to mention boring.

Willow said:
You don't know if he hasn't got a problem with him but you're correct that he hasn't been dropped. At least you're starting to look at the facts a little bit.
And if it's as clear as you make it out to be or seem to think, he should have been dropped.

Willow said:
Again, I don't represent all Dragons fans. If you want to be the voice of all Eels fans, perhaps you should put it to a vote first.
See now there you go putting words into peoples mouth again. You like your facts, and it's a fact that Dragon fans and Eels fans on the majority won't see this situation the same way.

Willow said:
Its nothing like selling a house. LOL. I love irrelevant comparisons - please keep them coming.
I know you do that's why I put it in. Seen you bring up plenty.

Willow said:
As you keep saying. But if I may say, you're doing a good impersonation of someone rabbiting on. lol
As are you.

Willow said:
#-o It was a joke Chuckles.
Oh was it, gee didn't think about that. :rolleyes:

Willow said:
And one more time for the people up the back, Marsh's hit on Barrett was deemed illegal. He was charged with making a high tackle, and he pleaded guilty to it. Fluff it up all you like... but thems the facts.
And of course the MRC and the judicary have never made a mistake or poor decision. Time to get over it Willow, I'll be catching your post count at this rate.

Macca_

El Diablo

Post Whore
Yes the MRC are never wrong...

exccept when Dragons fans accuse them of trying to run Craig Smith out of the game

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Macca_ said:
Seems you're not the only to put words in others mouths.
Still not making sense.
Macca_ said:
Wouldn't have made a difference what call they thought. With everything that went on they were always going to go to the video ref. Surely that's not hard to understand.
Which is what I said Einstein. The decision was made by one official. Now you're catching up.:clap:
Macca_ said:
And like on other occasions, it shows that he would have recieved a week off had he challenged the 'careless high tackle'. No point taking the risk. Move on, get over and play next week is what he has done. Seems I need to as do you.
I'm just getting warmed up. lol
So now you're saying Marsh would have been unsuccessful if he challenged the charge? Still sounds guilty to me.
Macca_ said:
It's good you have someone who has seen it your way. Plenty of others to say it is the wrong way. FMD, you really are in denial on this.
Oh that's original, write your own material. lol
I'm only stating the facts. You on the other hand are pinned down in this world of 'people agree with me so I must be right.'

Those who 'have seen it my way' are the the Match Review Committee. Are you aware of how the judiciary works in this regard? The MRC issues charges after the match, based on video scrutiny. They then decide whether or not a player should be charged and if they are charged, they're then referred to the NRL Judiciary.
I only say this in case you think the MRC are my friends or something. lol
Macca_ said:
Not to mention boring.
Awww... that's unfortunate. But please don't let me stop you posting.
Macca_ said:
And if it's as clear as you make it out to be or seem to think, he should have been dropped.
I'm not the referee boss.
Stone wasn't dropped. Thats a fact.
Quite clearly the MRC - who had all weeked to look at the incident - thought Marsh should be charged. This is another fact.
The Ref boss Finch accepts that refs, touchies, and video refs make mistakes. We know this happens all the time and they have meetings and try and sort things out. Just because Stone wasn't dropped doesn't mean he didn't err.
Macca_ said:
See now there you go putting words into peoples mouth again. You like your facts, and it's a fact that Dragon fans and Eels fans on the majority won't see this situation the same way.
Buuutttt I am stating the facts:
Marsh = charged with a high tackle.
Marsh = pleaded guilty.

Bloody hell, I'll be doing it in sign language next. :lol:

Macca_ said:
As are you.
Great stuff. A reply so devastating that I don't know which way to turn. lol
I never stated that I was ready to drop it, in fact I said the opposite. You said you wanted to drop until you saw that I didnt agree with you.
I reckon you just can't handle not having the last word.
<insert macca's answer here: " no you do">
LOL.

Truth is, you love us... admit it. I walked away from the lunatic fringe in the Parra forum. Piece of cake really.
Macca_ said:
Oh was it, gee didn't think about that. :rolleyes:
Now don't be like that.
Macca_ said:
And of course the MRC and the judicary have never made a mistake or poor decision.
Offcourse they have. But compared to Mick Stone who "had 1 minute to look at the footage" I think we can safely assume the MRC are on the money here. That, and the fact that Marsh pleaded guilty.
Macca_ said:
Time to get over it Willow, I'll be catching your post count at this rate.
As I said, I'm just gettng warmed up. After all, the facts on my side. Want me to post them again?

Macca_

Coach
Willow said:
Truth is, you love us... admit it. I walked away from the lunatic fringe in the Parra forum. Piece of cake really.
Yup, that's it mate. I admit it :shock:

Would love to continue but theres cricket to watch tonight and work tomorrow.

Macca_

Macca_

Coach
Immortal said:
Would love to continue..... but I just got owned

Yeah that's it mate. I don't see the point in me quoting comment after comment again. I could and have plenty more to say. But what's the point? Willow is only going to do the same back, then I'm going to do the same. At some point in time it has to stop and I don't have the time to make hundreds of posts on here each day.

Owned... How lame is that :rolleyes:

Macca_