What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Baz & Marsh were both at fault, but....

Macca_

Coach
Lenny_2212 said:
lol cheers, and top stuff coming in and clearing it up. good luck this week too.

i hope there is abit of controversy. everyone loves controversy. hopefully we can return serve on the scoreline, and give your bastard players one hell of a nightmare.

Well despite being a one eyed eels fan, I also do enjoy just talking footy in general. And we got off on the wrong foot in that one thread basically right after the game in the heat of the moment.

Won't worry about you guys possibly returning serve till that round :D. We got some important ones to look at before then.

Macca_

Slippery Morris

First Grade
El Diablo said:
don't tell slippery that

Parra or Dragons were not on top. It was pretty even until that incident. Ruined a good game.

Widders did his damage. Only time you guys looked dangerous actually. With him off I am sure the Dragons would of dominated again as per the first 30 mins.

Widders is a great talent. Another up and comer pinched by the Eels.

Macca_

Coach
Willow said:
LMAO.
I thought that would bring you out of the woodwork... talk about fish jumping onto the dinner plate. lol

Tell me macca, is the match review committee wrong in charging your PJ? How would you suggest he defend the charge of making a carelss high tackle (yes, they say it's a high tackle)? Perhaps you could ask them for different angles to make PJ look better. lol

Do you think PJ will plead guilty? What happens to your argument then? Kind of disppears in a puff of logic wouldn't you say?

Actually it wasn't that. It was gregstar calling me an idiot. I have no dramas with somebody that doesn't know me personally calling me that, but I will make an attempt to defend it :lol:

In response to your question, yes, I beleive they got it wrong. Rather then go into my own wording, I'd say Ray Chesterton covered my thoughts in his article today -
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,15901165-23214,00.html

And no, I don't think my argument disappears in a puff of logic if he pleads guilty. I'd like to see him fight it, but on the other hand there are advantages in just moving on and preparing for Canberra this weekend. He's not a guy that is a regular at the judicary so the few carry over points most likely won't bother him. Pleading guilty means no suspension anyway, and we'll never know the reason for that. It may be the case of him admitting it or it may be the case of them doing what I said and moving on. Won't know till it happens I guess.

Willow said:
And for the record...
Yes... a very friendly bunch. LOL.

Welcome the Dragons forum macca.:D

Thanks. I think :D

Mate you have cut and pasted a few quotes, that's fine. You should have pointed out what they reply to. Things get said in retaliation to other posts. Whilst I'm not defending it all, some of that is directed at what you would call 'poor form' posts.

As you said somewhere in here, you are a friendly bunch and people are always welcome for a chat. You'll find that's the same over our end. But when 2 sides meet head on talking about a controversial incident, people are going to have differing opinions and things can escalate into heated confrontations. Doesn't mean either side is wrong, just part of being a footy fan.

Macca_

Macca_

Coach
gregstar said:
then hopefully fans can drop this current crap.
good luck for the rest of the season eels!

Fine with me mate. Best tell Willow though :D

And yes, good luck to you guys for the rest of the season aswell Manly this weekend.

Idiot ;-)

Macca_

Macca_

Coach
Both have taken the early plea by the way.

I'd like to think it is a case of just moving on and getting into Canberra for PJ. Obviously you guys will think different, but we'll never really know.

Macca_

Mr Saab

Referee
PJ being charged shows how much a farce the video ref really is.
Mick Stone cost the dragons any chance of a victory.
TB shouldnt have gone off like he did, but PJ should not have attempted the chargedown like he did

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Macca_ said:
Fine with me mate. Best tell Willow though :D
I can tell you want to drop it macca. Given what has taken place today, it'll take me another day.
Deliberate or by accident, PJ Marsh is guilty of a high shot, something which was obvious to most people from the outset.
Barrett is guilty of striking, something which everyone knew from the outset.

Conclusion: Marsh hit first, Barrett retaliated.
Result: Barrett is sidelined, Marsh walks.

I don't blame you for wanting to drop it.

Macca_

Coach
Willow said:
I can tell you want to drop it macca. Given what has taken place today, it'll take me another day.
Deliberate or by accident, PJ Marsh is guilty of a high shot, something which was obvious to most people from the outset.
Barrett is guilty of striking, something which everyone knew from the outset.

Conclusion: Marsh hit first, Barrett retaliated.
Result: Barrett is sidelined, Marsh walks.

I don't blame you for wanting to drop it.

I'm dropping it because the argument is going round in circles. I know many people who are not Parra fans that believe he should have fought it and would have got off. I'm of the same opinion. They are just getting on with it. We are not going to agree on that, so that's why I have dropped the issue.

To be honest mate, the only people who thought it was clear from the outset (re high shot) is Dragons fans...

The officials deemed there was nothing wrong, however the judicary found otherwise. That shows how unclear it all is. And Dragons fans are not going to see eye to eye with Eels fans on the matter. No point going round in circles.

Macca_

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Macca_ said:
To be honest mate, the only people who thought it was clear from the outset (re high shot) is Dragons fans...
Hardly honest... there is no way you can know that.
Macca_ said:
The officials deemed there was nothing wrong,
One official made the decision.
Macca_ said:
however the judicary found otherwise.
Which was a match review committee.
Macca_ said:
That shows how unclear it all is.
No, it just shows that Mick Stone got it wrong.
Macca_ said:
And Dragons fans are not going to see eye to eye with Eels fans on the matter. No point going round in circles.
You don't speak for all Eels fans and I don't speak for all Saints fans. That aside, I'm not lining this up as fan v fan thing. Old Mick the video ref made a crucal error imo. If you can't accept it, then that's fine with me.
The fact is Referees make mistakes and are often dropped for a week or two.
IMO, Mick Stone is no different, he has come into conflict with the view of the judiciary, so its reasonable to suggest that this should be enough for Finch to review Stone's position.

Y2Eel

First Grade
SO if parra fought the charges and were pJ got off would you still be calling for mick stones head??

Stone had 1 minute to look at the footage and then come up with an answer he is under the pump for his decision right or wrong...

But the only people i am hearing complain about what mick stone did is st george supporters no one in the medie is still going on about its over and done with...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Y2Eel said:
SO if parra fought the charges and were pJ got off would you still be calling for mick stones head??
They didnt fight the charge so its a speculator on your part.
He pleaded guilty.
Lets stick to the facts eh?
Y2Eel said:
Stone had 1 minute to look at the footage and then come up with an answer he is under the pump for his decision right or wrong...
Its very admirable of you to go into bat for Mick Stone.
I only have a little TV here and I though the tackle was high straight away. Marsh was flying through the air for heck's sake. I took the tape upstairs to a better telly and it took me less than a minute to confirm that it was high.
This business that he didnt have enough time doesn't wash with me, they have better gear than I have.
And again, the match review committee thought Mick Stone got it wrong.
He obviously made a mistake.
Y2Eel said:
But the only people i am hearing complain about what mick stone did is st george supporters no one in the medie is still going on about its over and done with...
Then perhaps should get out more. lol

Macca_

Coach
Willow said:
Hardly honest... there is no way you can know that.
Likewise you can't know that everyone thought the otherway either.

Willow said:
One official made the decision.
2 touchies, the ref and the video ref saw nothing wrong during play.

Willow said:
Which was a match review committee.
Yep and in their opinion there was a case to answer. Doesn't mean they are right. Plenty of people to say they got it wrong. And I do know that, I've read comments and spoken to people about it.

Willow said:
No, it just shows that Mick Stone got it wrong.
In your opinion it does, yes.

Willow said:
You don't speak for all Eels fans and I don't speak for all Saints fans. That aside, I'm not lining this up as fan v fan thing. Old Mick the video ref made a crucal error imo. If you can't accept it, then that's fine with me.
And imo he got it right and the match review is wrong. If you can't accept it, then that's fine with me.

Willow said:
The fact is Referees make mistakes and are often dropped for a week or two. IMO, Mick Stone is no different, he has come into conflict with the view of the judiciary, so its reasonable to suggest that this should be enough for Finch to review Stone's position.

At what point do the judicary get reviewed. How many times do fans, media and commentators complain about the decisions of the judicary and match review commity for either missing stuff or pointing out stuff that most have no problem with.

Robert Finch doesn't have a problem with Stone, he hasn't been dropped.

Mate as I said it's going round in circles and Dragon fans and Eels fans are never going to see it the same. It's a bit like selling a house, there is only so much you can do to convince someone that they should see it your way and buy the house. There comes a point where you have to say, I've done enough, there's nothing else to gain and move on.

Macca_

Macca_

Coach
Y2Eel said:
Willow said:
Then perhaps should get out more. lol

Willow why does he have to get out more? I'm sure he doesn't type on forums all day and there is plenty of media to hear about league. I have to agree, the only people I hear going on about Mick Stone is Dragons fans.

Macca_

Lenny_2212

Juniors
Macca_ said:
the only people I hear going on about Mick Stone is Dragons fans.

perhaps because we are the only club negatively affected by his decision. which other fans could possibly care?

Macca_

Coach
Lenny_2212 said:
perhaps because we are the only club negatively affected by his decision. which other fans could possibly care?

Was meaning media mainly Len. However there are a number of other clubs fans that have said their bit and I know a number of people I have spoken to that don't support either side that have a similar view.

Once again, we will see it differently :lol:

Macca_

Lenny_2212

Juniors
Macca_ said:
Was meaning media mainly Len. However there are a number of other clubs fans that have said their bit and I know a number of people I have spoken to that don't support either side that have a similar view.

Once again, we will see it differently :lol:

Macca_

like marsh's illegal challenge on barrett?