What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Baz & Marsh were both at fault, but....

Y2Eel

First Grade
Willow said:
Indeed. And if I may say mate, its been good that you've been allowed to express your opinion here.
The same courtesy wasn't afforded to Saints supporters in the Parra forum with some unfortunates yelling stuff like, "go back to the Saints forum where you belong..." - ordinary form in my opinion.

You'll find that generally we're a friendly bunch in here and you're always welcomed to drop in from time to time.

Cheers.
We must do it again sometime say round 24

have a good one

Delboy

First Grade
The worst of all supporters comes out when there's a chance one of their players could miss a game. Really there wasnt a lot in it, no one got hurt, it livened up the game and the Dragons lost the plot as usual. 10 years ago, we wouldn't even be talking about it, the Dragons have to look in the mirror as this sort of response to pressure has been their downfall over the past few years. Mate as an Eels supporter I think theres a bit more fortitude in the ranks than before, so I doubt we will go out backwards as you hope. I will say one thing, I have wished we had the talent in our ranks that you guys have, what have you done with it, Thats the question you should ask yourself, not blaming what went on in Fridays game, seems there is a much bigger issue out there for the team.

gregstar

Referee
Willow said:
Indeed. And if I may say mate, its been good that you've been allowed to express your opinion here.
The same courtesy wasn't afforded to Saints supporters in the Parra forum with some unfortunates yelling stuff like, "go back to the Saints forum where you belong..." - ordinary form in my opinion.

You'll find that generally we're a friendly bunch in here and you're always welcomed to drop in from time to time.

Cheers.
so true
there are some eels posters who are really decent but they are let down by some really ordinary members.
macca - idiot.

Lenny_2212

Juniors
gregstar said:
so true
there are some eels posters who are really decent but they are let down by some really ordinary members.
macca - idiot.

thats okay gregstar, the bigger they think they are, the harder they fall. the bigger their heads are, the louder the pop when the pin is inserted. no biggy though, if they want to be ungrateful sore winners, let them be, but i wont be holding back round 24, saving my reputation or not.

borat

Bench
Whats the bet if Barrett gets off we will have Eels supporters crying about favouritism at the judiciary blah blah blah.

Macca_

Coach
gregstar said:
so true
macca - idiot.

Thanks greg :D

You defend yours, I'll defend mine. ;-)

Macca_

Macca_

Coach
And for the record seing I was mentioned with the -

"go back to the Saints forum where you belong..."

I never said that.

Macca_

Macca_

Coach
Lenny_2212 said:
thats okay gregstar, the bigger they think they are, the harder they fall. the bigger their heads are, the louder the pop when the pin is inserted. no biggy though, if they want to be ungrateful sore winners, let them be, but i wont be holding back round 24, saving my reputation or not.

Just on this Lenny, I hope you think twice about the last comment. Always up for a debate, but don't go over the top like some fans do (parra and saints...).

And on the ungrateful sore winners part, seing my name was around this comment, I haven't spoke about winning or loosing. I have only debated the merits of the Barrett/Marsh incident. Not that I'm a sore winner or loser, I'm just defending PJ and having a shot at Barrett, whereas you guys are defending Barrett and having a shot at PJ.

Hopefully come Round 24, there is no such incident and we can have a good chat before and after the game.

Good luck vs the Beagles guys.

Macca_

Lenny_2212

Juniors
Macca_ said:
And on the ungrateful sore winners part, seing my name was around this comment, I haven't spoke about winning or loosing. I have only debated the merits of the Barrett/Marsh incident. Not that I'm a sore winner or loser, I'm just defending PJ and having a shot at Barrett, whereas you guys are defending Barrett and having a shot at PJ.Macca_

just speaking in general, not directly at you.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
From this 1 incident Mander and Stone have just made the Dragons finals chances harder and piggy backed the Eels to outright second. 4 point difference as Dragons could of been 2 points from 2nd now are 6. Dragons also play them again so possibly been equal with them after round 24.

Eels are the kings of getting cheap points just like the Sharks game a few years ago when they were crap all season and due to the ref having a shocker and sending 3 Sharks guys off Parra ran in 70 points to fix up their for and against. Parra fans actually thought the had a chance to make top 8 after that and were belted by 50 in the last game against the Panthers from memory. It was a false win, don't get ahead of yourselves. You only won due to Mander and no one else. I am sure if Morris and Tim Smith get targetted like Barrett was you guys would get absolutely smacked. Who else will provide you good attacking option? Wagon...........

A team that copped 42 points in 1 half against the Bronco's won't win the comp. But then again I am sure they will find a cheap way of winning like they did to the Dragons. They may change venue last minute and not tell the opposition. Funning thing is if they did do that they would take advantage and try and score 100+ pts.

Macca_

Coach
gregstar said:
no your effort was....

Yes and that was in reply to your comment about coming in to congratulate only to be taunted by eels fans. The thread that I was debating in had no 'congrats' messages up until then. You had a dig at me, I had one at you. If that makes me an idiot then so be it.

Macca_

borat

Bench
My take on this is that we were dudded in the decision and it was crucial and it did cost us any chance in the game, but, these things happen and everyone will lose games to incorrect decisions from time to time so its better to move on.

I was dissapointed the players didn't play to the whistle and it wasn't like parra were playing badly, but it still was a bad diecision. Parra were on top but that decision snuffed out any chance we had. Thats not to say we would have won.

Its Marsh's behaviour that really p*sses me off. The fact he says after the game that he has no problem and it should be left on the field but waits for a day to bag Barrett shows him to be gutless. Anybody who seriously thinks that Marsh didn't get Barrett high is kidding themselves, slow motion replay camera angles or not.

Macca_

Coach
Lenny_2212 said:
just speaking in general, not directly at you.

I know mate, but thought I'd throw it in seing my name has been thrown up as the 'idiot' :lol:. As I said we are all just supporting our team and we'll never see eye to eye on most occasions with incidents such as this.

I myself did go a bit over the top on occassions, especially on the night of the match when that thread first started, but I'm blaming the amount of Tooheys New I had for that :lol:.

Once again, good luck this weekend, look forward to a chat in Round 24 hopefully with out the controversy.

Macca_

Lenny_2212

Juniors
Macca_ said:
I know mate, but thought I'd throw it in seing my name has been thrown up as the 'idiot' :lol:. As I said we are all just supporting our team and we'll never see eye to eye on most occasions with incidents such as this.

I myself did go a bit over the top on occassions, especially on the night of the match when that thread first started, but I'm blaming the amount of Tooheys New I had for that :lol:.

Once again, good luck this weekend, look forward to a chat in Round 24 hopefully with out the controversy.

Macca_

lol cheers, and top stuff coming in and clearing it up. good luck this week too.

i hope there is abit of controversy. everyone loves controversy. hopefully we can return serve on the scoreline, and give your bastard players one hell of a nightmare.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Macca_ said:
And for the record seing I was mentioned with the -

"go back to the Saints forum where you belong..."

I never said that.

Macca_
LMAO.
I thought that would bring you out of the woodwork... talk about fish jumping onto the dinner plate. lol

Tell me macca, is the match review committee wrong in charging your PJ? How would you suggest he defend the charge of making a carelss high tackle (yes, they say it's a high tackle)? Perhaps you could ask them for different angles to make PJ look better. lol

Do you think PJ will plead guilty? What happens to your argument then? Kind of disppears in a puff of logic wouldn't you say?

And for the record...
Macca_ said:
Bye bye then. No you don't know me, don't really think that matters though.

Macca_ said:
Thought you were going...

Belly in Brisvegas said:
are you still here?

eelsta said:
piss off clown :arrow:

Macca_ said:
:lol: :arrow:

Hellchick said:
If not get the hell back to the Saints forum where you belong.
Yes... a very friendly bunch. LOL.

Welcome the Dragons forum macca.:D