What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bea’s Baldies!!

T.S Quint

Coach
Kearney set back our club for years.

It was almost like a sting from Melbourne to send him up here and turn our club that was in free fall anyway and make it completely implode into ruins.

Chris Sandow on 500k a season at the time was probably worth 900k-1mill now was the rot we couldn't get rid of for 4 years and it just got worse.

Worst thing is at one stage he wanted to leave.
And the club said no!

It took him completely tanking in a game for the club to actually let him go.
So dumb.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Kearney set back our club for years.

It was almost like a sting from Melbourne to send him up here and turn our club that was in free fall anyway and make it completely implode into ruins.
Very true... if I recall correctly Kearney was hired (promoted to a NRL coach) on the strength of a PowerPoint presentation!

And then all we got in Kearney squads was plod after plod, and year after year of post-game excuses which started with "But, the lads..."

JokerEel

Coach
Maybe in Reserve Grade.
He was a plodder in the few games he got in FG.

He was fine only played 3 games for us didn't expect much and didn't get more than that. He is like Ray Stone to be honest not that he can tackle like Stone he just filled a hole.

I think It took me longer to write this reply than first grade minutes played 😄

JokerEel

Coach
I’ve decided to do a thread of Bea’s baldest recruits just for all of us to discuss and reminisce of the good times. Don’t worry I’m going to do a Bea’s greatest hits thread as well. We’ve done quite well the last few years with signings but this year has come up snake eyes. I’ve tried to put a team together and in the positions they played in.

Let the Baldness Begin!!

1 - Justin Hunt How can anyone forget his memorable debut?? Paul Carige was jealous

2 - Sam Loizou On a top 30 contract for 3 years but can barely crack reserve grade. You know when you are behind the Black eyed Peas dude you aren’t much chop

3 - Waqa Blake - the reason this thread was started. Horrible on so many levels every time the balls goes near him I shit my pants.

4 - Beau Champion - Signed when well past it and Injury prone and we were shocked we he gave us 2 games. Classic Bea

5 - Lume Lume - a few other players got close but in the end I had to go with Will I Am. Merkin can’t even see where he is running.

6 - Keiran Foran - trumpeted as our saviour, I’d only Bea and the club did their due diligence lucky. We dodged a massive 1.2million dollar bullet

7 - Jakob Arthur It could be no one else, Luke Kelly was worse but we can’t blame Bea for being that plodder here we can thank Big face. Bea did get us Moses well done Baldy!!

8 - Kane Evans - Big money signing from the roosters who apparently wasn’t that expensive (okay Pou) poor bastard just could never get Parra fit

9 - Josh Hodgson - old, slow, Crippled and worst of all Bald. Shocker Bea absolute Shocker

10 - Siosaia *Vae Played a few decent games early on but he just turned into a fat lazy Cheeseburger. He gets the gig because I think besides Sivo he’s the laziest Eel I’ve ever seen

11 - Anthony Watmong - signed on Big money but his heart was always at manly. Injured riddled and well past his prime. Another massive bullet dodged by the club. Thank you Beau Scott!!

12 - Jirah Mummamoasia - 3 year project player now can’t crack reserve grade. One of the worst players to ever pull on an Eels jersey I’m sure he was scouted at the local Tip.

13 - Keegan Hipgrave a bog average plodder who at least tried hard. We’ve done well with the forwards under Bea so it was hard to find a truly terrible lock

14 - Ritchie Fa’aso. A Bea Arthur Speshal. Injury prone and well past it and was able to plod it up deluxe for a few games

15 - frank Prichard- Another Bea classic, awesome player in his prime just a shame it was a decade before he landed here

16 - Rory OBrien Tall slow and shit quite a few could have landed this role but he’ll do. Shocked he got so many games 11

17- Mitch Rein - 2 games and knocked on both times he tried to take a run. Chewed up a top 30 gig this year even though we had Hands sitting on his well Hands.

Justin Hunt was signed Prior to Baldy getting the Head coach gig in 2014.

Eelectrica

Referee
I’ve decided to do a thread of Bea’s baldest recruits just for all of us to discuss and reminisce of the good times. Don’t worry I’m going to do a Bea’s greatest hits thread as well. We’ve done quite well the last few years with signings but this year has come up snake eyes. I’ve tried to put a team together and in the positions they played in.

Let the Baldness Begin!!

16 - Rory OBrien Tall slow and shit quite a few could have landed this role but he’ll do. Shocked he got so many games 11
Most of the names on the list at least ring a bell. This one does not. 11 games? Must have the 11 most forgettable games ever.