What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bears Fans

Any Bears insider able to explain how they ended up with that vile strip?

Better still, who the hell proposed/approved it? And did they offer any reason why?

Gawd. You could have revived any of the past half a dozen or so designs and it still would have been better.

What on earth was wrong with the basic black & red hoops?

This annual strip-switch must come from some kind of delusion that you're still selling merch in NRL fashion - i.e. to tens of thousands of people who will scoop up each season's new variation.

It just doesn't work that way at our level.

The solution is to get back to something classic and work hard over the next few seasons at making it recognised as the uniform of a surviving foundation club.

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
hahah big steves on drugs

"Way better than manlys"

Manly went back towards our traditions, had we have been allowed we would of used the hoops jersey but the NRL wouldnt allow it.

OK - My bad - so some outfit called "Kombat" are responsible?

Perhaps they should change their name to "Wombat" - they sure seem to have eaten your image, rooted the Bears and left.

TDT-1

Sir Clifford GC said:

"Way better than manlys"

Manly went back towards our traditions, had we have been allowed we would of used the hoops jersey but the NRL wouldnt allow it.

It's not hard to have a better design jersey than woManly's, the Chocolate Soldier wanna-be's...

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
Henson Park Hornets said:
Sir Clifford GC said:

"Way better than manlys"

It's not hard to have a better design jersey than woManly's, the Chocolate Soldier wanna-be's...
your a fool since when is maroon brown u foool
at least were in the nrl unlike the bears and jets

2 sides we have beaten in pl in the last 2 weeks

Cliffy... I'd rather watch a PL club run around than selling my soul to New Ltd in order to watch an NRL club.

Brown, maroon... It's all the same... shite...

Sir Clifford GC said:
Sir Clifford GC said:

"Way better than manlys"

your a fool since when is maroon brown u foool
at least were in the nrl unlike the bears and jets

2 sides we have beaten in pl in the last 2 weeks

And at least we (Jets & Bears) started the sport in this country, something Manly didn't do.

Parasites don't create anything, they just arrive after all the hard yakka's been done and feed off what somebody else has produced.

Pretty much the Arko way, really.

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
if it hadnt of been for Manly council and the union stooges we would have been there in 1908

i suggest you read the seaeagle has landed its all in there

so dont give me that crap

Big-Steve

Juniors
Sir Clifford GC said:

"Way better than manlys"

hahaha SIr Clifford GC is an idiot.

You just critisised me and then aggreed with me blaming the NRL for your horrid strip.

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
no steve

Our strip is great

but it would never have been designed if we had of been allowed to use the hoops jersey we wanted too.

But what the club came up with was great.

Sir Clifford GC said:
no steve

Our strip is great

but it would never have been designed if we had of been allowed to use the hoops jersey we wanted too.

What white sleeves on a brown jersey???? You've had too much time in the sun. At least the Norths jumper looks better than your brown and white number.

How very apt... woManly... that says it all :lol:

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
Sir Clifford GC said:
no steve

Our strip is great

What white sleeves on a brown jersey???? You've had too much time in the sun. At least the Norths jumper looks better than your brown and white number.

How very apt... woManly... that says it all :lol:
is this clown for real???

when has manly ever had a brown jersey you goose

Jeffles

Bench
Sir Clifford GC said:
if it hadnt of been for Manly council and the union stooges we would have been there in 1908

Please explain. I haven't read the book. I am very doubtful of this. Manly would've been a tiny place at the time and the Manly District RL only kicked off years later. I'm not dismissing your story though.