What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bears to take manly licence ?

siv

First Grade
Cant see Politis allowing Manly to survive

It will mean he will takeover all over junior districts from Oxford St to Lake Macquarie

adamkungl

Immortal

It will mean he will takeover all over junior districts from Oxford St to Lake Macquarie

This would be an interesting tactic from a bloke that everyone is convinced doesn't give a shit about juniors.

t-ba

Post Whore

Can't see the Penn's letting Manly fall over.

$3m is chump change to these guys. They've got a large share of Weightwatchers American business. Western civilization has to fall over before they go broke, and they enjoy sticking it to dudes like Delmege too much to care about those kinds of lsoses.

siv

First Grade
Can't see the Penn's letting Manly fall over.

$3m is chump change to these guys. They've got a large share of Weightwatchers American business. Western civilization has to fall over before they go broke, and they enjoy sticking it to dudes like Delmege too much to care about those kinds of lsoses.

With the NRL contributing in $13 mil per year - no NRL club should ever fall over

t-ba

Post Whore
With the NRL contributing in $13 mil per year - no NRL club should ever fall over

But I think since Gorman resurrected the Sharks the anti-Sydney brigade need a new whipping boy.

It would make so much sense if the Eagles went to the NRL and worked out a way to relocate to Gosford while maintaining some presence on the Northern Beaches like Souths and homebush.

Moving St George to Wollongong full time also makes a heck of a lot of sense.

Lambretta

First Grade
Either way, the NRL should take the chance to create more space in Sydney for the other NRL clubs. They can then not be blamed for axing a team - the blame will fall on Manly's shoulders for running their club into the ground.

Over to you Stallion - lol

More space? Look at what no NRL club on the North Shore has achieved

Let's see which NRL clubs have gone to the North Shore to put money into Juniors
Erm.......

Well, the AFL have been putting a lot of money in there. Soccer is going really well. Even Rugby Union is refusing to die

The Ku-Ring-gai Cubs are the only new junior club serving an area which hasn't been served before
They are affiliated with the North Sydney Bears, who are alligned to Souths

Souths do not pay the clubs registration fees or provide jerseys etc - that is all at users expense

So if you remove Manly from the competition, do you really think that all of a sudden the other NRL clubs will start investing in the Northern Beaches? Will they f***

All you'll do is give AFL and football another massive hand up

Stallion

First Grade

Not many to take over from what I'm hearing in North Sydney and Narabeen! It's a sad state of affairs in the juniors . What gripes me the most that no one mentions or sees that it is problematic for the code that no schools are playing rugby league in places like Narabeen! ? It's as if it doesn't matter. So whilst schools are doing the development work for other codes rugby league just let's this happen and not even make it a point of discussion? ! This is a terrible situation for the code and jack shit is being discussed or done about it!

Reactions: siv

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
More space? Look at what no NRL club on the North Shore has achieved

Let's see which NRL clubs have gone to the North Shore to put money into Juniors
Erm.......

Well, the AFL have been putting a lot of money in there. Soccer is going really well. Even Rugby Union is refusing to die

The Ku-Ring-gai Cubs are the only new junior club serving an area which hasn't been served before
They are affiliated with the North Sydney Bears, who are alligned to Souths

Souths do not pay the clubs registration fees or provide jerseys etc - that is all at users expense

So if you remove Manly from the competition, do you really think that all of a sudden the other NRL clubs will start investing in the Northern Beaches? Will they f***

All you'll do is give AFL and football another massive hand up

Firstly, I said if Manly were to go under…. if. Losing a club from the NRL is not my preferred option.

Secondly, you have kind of proven the point I’m about to make. AFL, Football and RU can thrive without a top flight presence on the north-shore. How? Intelligent investment and grass-roots community engagement. Manly, a struggling NRL club with a stadium quickly approaching its use-by-date aren’t able to turn the tide so simply having NRL clubs on the north-side of Sydney is not the answer.

The answer is for the NRL (not individual clubs) to do what other codes are doing successfully and invest and engage with the communities. Yes, doing this in conjunction with a Manly NRL team and a North Sydney NSW Cup team will be even more effective.

With regards to my comment about making more room for other clubs. I think that there are certain Sydney clubs in the NRL that could and should be super-clubs of Australian sport, up there with Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon, Richmond and the Broncos in terms of members, attendances, sponsorship and revenue. These clubs are being stiffled in an overcrowded market at the moment.

Stallion

First Grade
Firstly, I said if Manly were to go under…. if. Losing a club from the NRL is not my preferred option.

Secondly, you have kind of proven the point I’m about to make. AFL, Football and RU can thrive without a top flight presence on the north-shore. How? Intelligent investment and grass-roots community engagement. Manly, a struggling NRL club with a stadium quickly approaching its use-by-date aren’t able to turn the tide so simply having NRL clubs on the north-side of Sydney is not the answer.

The answer is for the NRL (not individual clubs) to do what other codes are doing successfully and invest and engage with the communities. Yes, doing this in conjunction with a Manly NRL team and a North Sydney NSW Cup team will be even more effective.

With regards to my comment about making more room for other clubs. I think that there are certain Sydney clubs in the NRL that could and should be super-clubs of Australian sport, up there with Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon, Richmond and the Broncos in terms of members, attendances, sponsorship and revenue. These clubs are being stiffled in an overcrowded market at the moment.

Lol. "overcrowded market" SAME AGAIN!

siv

First Grade

I wouldnt say RU doesnt have top flight prsence north of the harbour

They have teans Warringah, Manly, Gordon, Norths and Eastwood

Stallion

First Grade
I wouldnt say RU doesnt have top flight prsence north of the harbour

They have teans Warringah, Manly, Gordon, Norths and Eastwood

Good point. And what these reckless dudes are advocating not one but zero top flight rugby league clubs in this highly populated area. It should be a minimum of two NRL clubs! Central Coast Bears with strong links to North Sydney and Manly Warringah in a refurbished/upgraded Brookvale. Otherwise rugby league will continue to decline in this region.